+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Results 736 to 750 of 766
Like Tree864Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Currency cap on Void stones WTH ? (Infinity stones in NT)

  1. #736
    Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    git gud son.
    or get rekt.

    Are you mad that you cant play good enough to write guides? Oooooooooo

  2. #737
    Ascendant ecru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    I don't know. I feel like it adds more credibility to my argument when I say the guides are trash-class. Especially considering I introduced him to the build. And I knew that it wasn't a "joke" build. I don't know. I feel like I know a lot about the guides and the guide writers, and your not caring doesn't mean **** because it has absolutely no relevance.



    It seems quite relevant when discussing guides, though. I mean, it's a guide that's typical of what's found on Rift.



    I mean, if I can still find errors in people's guides this far along, I guess it is entirely possible that any guide I would write would be 100% perfect. Thanks for believing in me.



    Shame, 'cause you couldn't even fill that hand trying to count decent raiders still playing Rift.
    please link your guides

    thanks in advance
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

  3. #738
    Ascendant Slipmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    6,371

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ecru View Post
    please link your guides
    He's far too modest to show off his guides....



  4. #739
    Ascendant meph1111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    Yo dawg show me them guides

    i'm just here to watch scar take a **** on all these noobs
    Last edited by meph1111; 10-18-2014 at 09:43 AM.

  5. #740
    Telaran KaiserPhoenix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    79

    Default


  6. #741
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Oh hey. Wrote this guide really quickly.

    http://forums.riftgame.com/game-disc...yromancer.html

    It's my first time, please be gentle.

    Also, when your Lord and Savior says:
    Quote Originally Posted by Allmightyone View Post
    I don't think you should post it in the guide section since it's not really going to guide anyone toward a properly played Pyromancer build. If anything you'll just develop bad habits.
    And then you come in here trying to disprove me by posting the exact same **** I posted, and saying it's 2 years out-of-date is hilarious. I posted the exact same guide, written 2 years beforehand using the same one-button rotation and you ******s have to get butthurt about it being out-of-date? K, new guide it is then. And it's even written by one of the Try-hards saying guide writers work so hard?

    Yeah, good job drowning in your own hypocrisy. It's hilarious when you ***** about a guide that parallels the guides being written currently, because it's out-of-date. It's not like the Rift guides have gotten any better. Just like I said. Imagine that ****. Please post more 9gag content. It's indicative of the player-base for Rift.

    This entire conversation has been me being right about the state of the guides, and every detractor has failed to provide evidence to the contrary. Why don't you write a guide that impresses me? I'm sure since you play the game so much that even you guys can struggle through the tenuous process or putting every ability on a one-button macro. I look forward to your hard work and dedication.

  7. #742
    Plane Walker Inny's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    428

    Default

    I think you guys may have gone a bit offtopic here
    Achievement hunter

    Errando - Level 70 Warrior - Gelidra

    People played Manugo here

  8. #743
    Champion of Telara lynspottery's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Snellville, GA USA
    Posts
    1,347

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inny View Post
    I think you guys may have gone a bit offtopic here
    A bit? Definitely....a lot.

  9. #744
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Trion today made the crafted Amenders much easier to earn by significantly increasing crafting mark gains and cutting the recipe cost. They also made resetting the cd on the Amenders much easier too by offering a cd reset item for crafting marks.

    This was the only other bottleneck, other than the Accelerator, for gear upgrades. Now it feels like the crafting portion of gear upgrades is minor and the only factor that matters in 3.0 is getting stones and expert marks.

    While Trion doesn't view limiting the only useful currency and then offering it for credits as p2w it is still making the game less interesting.

  10. #745
    Ascendant meph1111's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,605

    Default

    hahaha, is that pyro guide a joke?

  11. #746
    Prophet of Telara Frailaq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,181

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Even in the best guilds in the world there is a clear separation from the best player of each class and the worst. You claim gear is the primary issue and that everyone is performing rotations the same. I find that impossible to believe, and even if it was true, you would be playing it incorrectly instead of correctly. No guild has 5 players of a class playing perfectly. It has never happened in the history of this game. I suspect you have room to improve.

    [...]

    One day I hope the playerbase will stop exaggerating the effectiveness of gear on their dps.
    So why is it that I gain dps when I get better gear? To make it more visible, I could even gather several pieces of better gear and simply not equip them that way when I throw all of them on at once the difference is even greater?

    Being able to purchase expert gear with real world money in a matter of seconds while other people have to sit through a capped grind fest to gain the currency to purchase the same gear is most definitely going to help those players clear content faster. Now, will you still have people who geared up the hard way being in top-tier guilds with world first records under their belt? Probably. People that work hard tend to get better results but that doesn't change the fact that capping currency - while simultaneously offering instant "buy with real money" - is a very bad idea if you value the competitive nature inherent in raiding guilds.

    Btw, I'm not against capping currency gain in and of itself but if you're going to cap one method of gearing up then you'd better cap them all. Heh... I'd like to see Trion cap the amount of money a player can spend on equipment in the store. That would be funny. "Sorry, you need to login to Rift at least once a week for 16 more weeks before you will be allowed to purchase that item. Have fun!"

    On a slightly related noted, I personally think that performance is the primary factor in determining how good a player seems to be. The enormity of the jump in "skill" when a player upgrades to a much better computer is a dead giveaway.
    Last edited by Frailaq; 10-18-2014 at 07:48 PM.
    Avatar by Rotaken on deviantART.

  12. #747
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Inny View Post
    I think you guys may have gone a bit offtopic here
    Off topic, but it's not like Trion is going to change the currency cap. It's against their best interest to do so, because it means less incentive for people to buy the gear and spend more money.

    Seeing as it's unavoidable, the only thing left to do is complain about the guides because raiders think they're amazing at the game. I mean, I'd insult the individual's play, but that'd mean I have to play Rift. Might as well go back to cutting instead of doing that.

    And I'm really just waiting until someone reports me enough to get me banned. Trying to grind up my unwarranted bans before the official NT launch. I was worried about not being able to make it prior to launch, but then Trion postponed it so I feel like I have a few months before it actually gets launched.

  13. #748
    Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,336

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    Oh hey. Wrote this guide really quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by meph1111 View Post
    hahaha, is that pyro guide a joke?
    It was written in all seriousness.
    I tried to condense pyro into the most braindead form possible, so that even the noobiest noob could atleast do decent dps.

    And its paid off really well, I must say. A guy who couldnt break 3k dps in a raid last week got upto 7k USING MY GUIDE. Say what you will, go ahead, insult me, im actually making people play a better spec than "hardcast plaguebolt necromancer hurr durr".

    I've actually made a quantitative difference to people's gameplay that anyone can see. Can you say the same? Oh wait, you're too busy ****-posting to actually try and help someone out.
    I said many times in the guide that it was only a stepping stone to the main pyro build.

    As of today, I STILL cannot find any guides written by you, Scara. Come back again when you have written a guide of your own (amazingly, he didnt mention my Crucia Infinite Storm guide, way to cherry pick, loser!!!)
    inb4 Scara is a scrub who isnt good enough to be writing guides.

    EDIT : amazingly, Scara still CANNOT point to ONE SINGLE PROPER GUIDE which he can prove has been badly written. Go read my FT mech guide and try to find faults with it. I think you tried to and failed, thats why you picked my pyro guide. Lol. definition of butthurt.
    Last edited by TheDoomgiver; 10-19-2014 at 07:39 AM. Reason: words, because they are hard.

  14. #749
    Ascendant Ailene's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Far far north (Norway)
    Posts
    2,359

    Default

    Nice job in trying to get this thread closed people... just go more off topic and bash each other a bit more if you want to make sure it will be locked.

  15. #750
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    It was written in all seriousness.
    I tried to condense pyro into the most braindead form possible, so that even the noobiest noob could atleast do decent dps.
    So when I posted the Necro guide which was written in the exact same style, with the exact same one-button spec, it doesn't count because it's out-of-date? Yet when I post a more relevant one, which has the exact same style, exact same one button spec, and isn't out-of-date, you come up with more vague justifications for saying it doesn't count?

    Keep moving the goal post. Face it, the guides suck ****.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    And its paid off really well, I must say. A guy who couldnt break 3k dps in a raid last week got upto 7k USING MY GUIDE. Say what you will, go ahead, insult me, im actually making people play a better spec than "hardcast plaguebolt necromancer hurr durr".
    That's sad, because you could be doing 15k if they followed an actual guide and learned to play. But sure, I guess. Delude yourself into thinking you're making a positive difference by giving a bad guide, teaching people bad habits, and then saying you're doing it for the good of the game. Sorry, no. When someone is pulling less than half of the DPS they should be, there's no reason nor justification you can give that means you're contributing in a positive manner. Moving from 3k to 7k dps is easily attainable by "spam fireball until your hand hurts."

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    I've actually made a quantitative difference to people's gameplay that anyone can see. Can you say the same? Oh wait, you're too busy ****-posting to actually try and help someone out.
    And yet when they try to move up in the world and come to good guilds, I have to teach them everything because you made a ****ty guide that fooled them into thinking they're doing okay. Yeah, I have more work because you're providing a "quantitative difference to people's gameplay." Except the only quantitative difference is how much work I
    have to do in order to fix your ****ty guide.


    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    I said many times in the guide that it was only a stepping stone to the main pyro build.
    Except you release the guide as an easy, dumbed-down version of the same class for no reason. Sorry, 1 button specs don't make good players and it only makes the community skill base lower than it already is. Congratulations for teaching people to play poorly and then justifying it by saying you're doing something positive for the community.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    As of today, I STILL cannot find any guides written by you, Scara. Come back again when you have written a guide of your own (amazingly, he didnt mention my Crucia Infinite Storm guide, way to cherry pick, loser!!!)
    inb4 Scara is a scrub who isnt good enough to be writing guides.
    I'm so glad I'm not good enough to write one-button spec guides. I wish I had the skill to put everything in a macro and then get offended when it's mentioned. Keep perpetuating the poor quality of players. It'll only help the raiding in Rift.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    EDIT : amazingly, Scara still CANNOT point to ONE SINGLE PROPER GUIDE which he can prove has been badly written. Go read my FT mech guide and try to find faults with it. I think you tried to and failed, thats why you picked my pyro guide. Lol. definition of butthurt.
    You're right. I only went into the first page and clicked on a link that wasn't by Hb. So, I guess you win the lottery of being the first guide on the draw. I didn't look to hard, but I guess it's the quality of Rift that led to such a ****ty guide being the next available guide besides a reputable source. And for someone who complained about a two-years-out-of-date guide being represented at first, why would I bother bringing up an equally-as-out-of-date guide when the same "it's out-of-date, so it doesn't count" ******** that you spew comes back? Yeah, I'll pass. Even then, if I bothered to read it I bet I could find plenty of errors because it's not like the Rift guides section has been good in years.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Nice job in trying to get this thread closed people... just go more off topic and bash each other a bit more if you want to make sure it will be locked.
    If Trion cared about their forums or the topics in it, the forums wouldn't be spammed with bots and posts would be deleted without impacting the direction of the thread. It has happened in the past, and I can link you to the deletions, if you want. That works as my counter-point that Trion doesn't give a **** about the current thread and they won't change it. The most you can expect is adjustments to the cap, not the removal of the cap itself because Trion wants money and this is the easiest way to get it.

    If you can't see the writing on the walls after 50 pages, it's hard to imagine that you'll ever come to the realization.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 40 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts