+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast
Like Tree864Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Currency cap on Void stones WTH ? (Infinity stones in NT)

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by lightningpaw View Post
    This is understandable, but it feels like a cheap shot at those who spent the prior months collecting REX in preparation. It's just another method of saying "play the game how we want you to play it" just like the gear unification disaster. I know for a fact that not many people other than maybe 1-2 in my guild have spent time gathering resources or are "whales" as some so kindly put it, so I know that no matter what I do gearing-wise, I'm going to be waiting weeks or months for everyone else to be raid-ready because this is my primary game/entertainment and it's what I do for the most part when I'm not at work. Even plat-farming to cheat at caps is going to become boring after a while.

Long story short, I'm not interested in falling behind right off the bat just because the game is designed around either do content you don't want to do, pay us, or be patient. Those three things basically sum up real life and I'd like to think of RIFT as an escape from that.
    I've been collecting Rex as well, but I had absolutely no expectations that gear would be available for credits at launch. I was collecting Rex specifically for the minions/minion slots, bags, boosts etc that are more QoL purchases. The fact that all of my time might just convert to relatively cheap gear was a bummer. With the price jump, the temptation is lower, and if I did buy gear, I'd lean towards "permanent" slots like essences and crystals anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Scaramuccia View Post
    So...one person now equals all of the guides? I don't think so.

The entire point was that no, the guides have been terrible. Continuing the trend does not make it any better, so your pointless assertion doesn't serve a purpose.

That's adorable. You can't understand a spec so you need a guide. If someone doesn't need a guide, then you insinuate they don't know how to play a spec. What the **** kind of mobius strip do you live on?

Which once again has no baring on the validity of the guides.

Didn't I just call Hb's guide good, though? Which went against the norm? And even then, I don't need to post a guide to critique it. That's circular logic.

So, let me get this straight. You don't know me, don't know my achievements, don't know **** about it and you're willing to say out of pure ignorance that I'm a clueless noob and haven't "done a single progress raid"? The next post about assumptions really makes this one ironic.

Ironically, I had to write a guide on how guides were wrong because I had to deal with baddies who read the guides and trusted them. Also, good job on being condescending to the majority of Rift. Lol @ thinking the raiding community isn't casual as ****.

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that I knew the person who made that guide. And I showed him the build. And I am well aware as to the efficacy of the build, and the nerfs surrounding the stacking of pet-GCD-reduction, and you'll be hard-pressed to find someone who knows more about the game. That guide serves as an honest example of the poor quality of guides on the Rift forums. It serves as the perfect barometer from a player who can get into the top-end guilds at the time and still be absolute garbage. So your condescension toward me is hilarious if only you knew more about the person you were conversing with. So try not to make assumptions, or you'll look like a hypocritical idiot spouting about others' perceived hypocrisy.
    who cares about VS caps...I wanna hear more about this:

Currency cap on Void stones WTH ? (Infinity stones in NT)-8dc1c587351499e97e4ebaf3e21ca63ba55b4fa764b8e4f9d0fe1c1d3cb0f582.jpg

Telaran

Default I turn away for a sec

The only thing important here is the issue the thread was made over, not your egos. I got into this game strictly because it was sub and got offered ground level entry, specifically to avoid the *******ed 'we're supporting the game, unlike you freeloaders' arguments that are being offered in this thread. Yet none of them have actually offered any better ideas.

Look, Trion appears to see things this way: there's only instanced and non (open world), and all instanced now get the same currency, much like open world. In PvE instances - dungeons (small) and raids (large) you need others in varying forms of cooperation, and the same with PvP warfronts and conquest. With lockouts, timers, and such the amount of instanced currency from PvP will probably be lower so it comes out equal to PvE hard daily limits, though I haven't checked any of this since I won't touch the PTS these days. This view is fine, even if it's changed from their original. It's balanced, sure, but the way they're implementing it is plain lazy - they don't want to be bothered dealing with comparision gear or anything else in PvE-PvP translation. IOW less work for more money, and people aren't happy.

Saying 'open world currency is capped because' really looks stupid, though, since every reason put forth has been trashed to some degree. Slowing down people with time so they can't get things done with their excess resource (time) who played this game because it WAS subscription, but allowing people with less time and excess money to bypass it with theirs is 'flat out, can't be argued, stop typing because you'll make a fool of yourself' unfair. Yeah, my 'played' is higher than yours, but that'll end soon enough. And if the cap can't be reached in 168 hours there's no point of having it anyway, so foolish twice over.

I played a game before Rift that limited the daily reward for currency to buy items that were considered necessary by most, and the items were consumable, meaning they had to be repeatedly bought. Obviously there was an alternative way of purchasing them, with cash. At the time this didn't seem entirely unreasonable because I got into the game when, yes, it was 'F2P' but it wasn't always like that either.

My point is this is shaping up to be exactly like that game, just the translation being different. It appears Trion had this in mind from the moment they decided to go F2P, and possibly had F2P in mind (as I've mentioned before) when they launched in Feb2011 knowing things could go wrong due to their economic choices. Those of us who've been here since the beginning are pissed, those who came later less, with a likely drop in pissedness/length of involvement being directly related.

So tell me what would've been wrong with a multiple level patron bonuses and the only things being directly purchaseble being fluff that didn't effect the game? For rough example (feel free to suggest better):

5$ per mon = 20% additional experience/notoriety/currency/prestige/favor/etc.
    10$ per = 40%
    15$ = 60%
    20% = 80%
    25% = 100%

With founders getting a discount (hopefully half off so it'd only be roughly 2.50$US monthly to go from the old annual plan to double benefits) those with less time could still get a huge benefit while not GIVING the gear away. It mandates SOME sort of grind, but those who look at it being a paid advantage while paying nothing themselves at least respect those keeping the game going.

As it is, I wouldn't look at anyone buying their way past the cap like that at all... and I'd look at Trion much worse.

Rift Master

Well theres a few things to comment on.

ESM and what ever the chocolate version was were always capped. Planerite has always had a maximum amount you could carry at once. World currency has been the only thing that hasn't been capped in this game.

So the restrictions have always been there in all parts of this game. As for World currency IE Infinity Stones having always been uncapped well this is posing new problems. World gear is = to dungeon gear, when this happened is beyond me.

Lets pretend at the start of Storm Legion World gear was less than Dungeon Gear. That means the community race to complete the Raids was fair as there was a cap on the gear you can gain from dungeon runs minus the actual drops. World currency was really only for essenses and crystals for raiders.

So we have a "race" and it seems to me there is a cap on the currency for the race. Its always been there.

Now with World Gear being Equal to Dungeon gear you can side step dungeons ALL together with NO CAP. HOW DOES THIS MAKES SENSE?

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    Whats up with the chloro guide hate???
    Distracting manicure.

Distracting manicure.
    It seems like I am the only one around here with any type of nail-biting skills and yer a hater =PP
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Shield of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deeew View Post
    It seems like I am the only one around here with any type of nail-biting skills and yer a hater =PP
    Oh. That was envy, not hate. Sorry for any confusion.

Oh. That was envy, not hate. Sorry for any confusion.
    Apologies accepted!
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

Plane Touched

Default Yup

Good to see some civility & good will in this thread.

I just wanted to pop in to let you know that I knew the person who made that guide. And I showed him the build. And I am well aware as to the efficacy of the build, and the nerfs surrounding the stacking of pet-GCD-reduction, and you'll be hard-pressed to find someone who knows more about the game. That guide serves as an honest example of the poor quality of guides on the Rift forums. It serves as the perfect barometer from a player who can get into the top-end guilds at the time and still be absolute garbage. So your condescension toward me is hilarious if only you knew more about the person you were conversing with. So try not to make assumptions, or you'll look like a hypocritical idiot spouting about others' perceived hypocrisy.
    I don't care if you know the person.

You can trash talk me all you want, just don't insult Guide Writers and their Guides when you're trying to find relevance from something that's 2 years out of date, and stolen from a discussion thread.

But since I'm "hard-pressed" to find someone who knows more about the game, I'm certain any "current" Guides you have written is going to be top-notch, 100% perfect, with accuracy OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD to direct the player-base. #1 Quality Guide World.

I have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, but I just can't seem to use a single one of them to count the number of Guides you've written.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Byaku View Post
    I have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs, but I just can't seem to use a single one of them to count the number of Guides you've written.
    empty pots make the loudest sounds.
    nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    a bad workman always blames his tools.

etc etc etc.

Shield of Telara

I don't care if you know the person.
    I don't know. I feel like it adds more credibility to my argument when I say the guides are trash-class. Especially considering I introduced him to the build. And I knew that it wasn't a "joke" build. I don't know. I feel like I know a lot about the guides and the guide writers, and your not caring doesn't mean **** because it has absolutely no relevance.

You can trash talk me all you want, just don't insult Guide Writers and their Guides when you're trying to find relevance from something that's 2 years out of date, and stolen from a discussion thread.
    It seems quite relevant when discussing guides, though. I mean, it's a guide that's typical of what's found on Rift.

But since I'm "hard-pressed" to find someone who knows more about the game, I'm certain any "current" Guides you have written is going to be top-notch, 100% perfect, with accuracy OUT-OF-THIS-WORLD to direct the player-base. #1 Quality Guide World.
    I mean, if I can still find errors in people's guides this far along, I guess it is entirely possible that any guide I would write would be 100% perfect. Thanks for believing in me.

Shame, 'cause you couldn't even fill that hand trying to count decent raiders still playing Rift.

I mean, if I can still find errors in people's guides this far along, I guess it is entirely possible that any guide I would write would be 100% perfect. Thanks for believing in me.

Last edited by KaiserPhoenix; 10-17-2014 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Scaramuccia, please don't procreate.

Shield of Telara

You think the old guides are the only ones with mistakes in them? Or are you mad that I linked an old guide that was poorly done as an example of how the guides are low quality? Looks like you put a lot of work into that, though. To make an entire gif about it.

Looks like you put a lot of work into that, though. To make an entire gif about it.
    Don't worry, it only took 2 mins. You're not worth any more effort anyway

Btw, since the original one is down:

+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 52 FirstFirst ... 39 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 LastLast