+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast
Like Tree864Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Currency cap on Void stones WTH ? (Infinity stones in NT)

Plane Touched

Even if its not account bound, and it stays character bound, it wouldnt help sending stones from an alt to your main since your capped in the first place. Even if it was possible (For example sending upgrade parts) it would piss me off because even though i have 5 level 60's right now, i do not enjoy the alt - game. We must be able to earn our stuff on our mains.

Remove the cap!

Introdcuing new gear slots.
    Ok

Gear slots being earrings and locked until prerequisite is done.
    What? In what universe does it makes sense to be unable to equip earrings right away?

Earring slots, instead of being gated by a saga quest or something, being locked by currency that has a weekly cap and is universally needed for gear? And it takes 3 weeks of besaid currency to grind per character to unlock the new slots? So someone who didnt pay for a CE will always be 3 weeks behind?

Seriously Trion?
    Last edited by KaiserPhoenix; 10-05-2014 at 11:19 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KaiserPhoenix View Post
    Seriously Trion?
    Absolutely cereal, GET RIFTED! gg
    Last edited by Sezex; 10-05-2014 at 11:30 AM.

I maintain that this needs to be adjusted to be reasonable or done away with entirely. You should not send everyone into a fresh expansion and completely gate the amount of World currency they can obtain, especially while the credit options for Accelerators and Expert gear are there.

Being able to outright purchase Expert-level gear with real-life cash day one (by upgrading Dreamwalker gear, or outright purchasing the sets) and get into raids day one, while gating World currency is beyond absurd.

I cannot, and will not, support this.

I suggest removing the cap and adding another currency to govern the Expert-level Void Stone gear which has a limited rate of acquisition.
    Last edited by Karny; 10-05-2014 at 12:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meteorblade View Post
    But... but... Daglar says he's had PMs from people that *love* the new cap.

I have no idea where he found those people because this decision has met with pretty much unanimous derision from my entire guild and friendslist.
    Haven't seen Techie Will pop in here yet, so... Techie Will and 199 sock puppet accounts? Actually, since he didn't say 200 people, just 200 PMs, it could be the 5 people in favor of the cap with 40 PMs each...
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

Quote Originally Posted by Dylbert View Post
    Haven't seen Techie Will pop in here yet, so... Techie Will and 199 sock puppet accounts? Actually, since he didn't say 200 people, just 200 PMs, it could be the 5 people in favor of the cap with 40 PMs each...
    Or the strongest Trion cheerleaders sent a pm each (around 10) and Daglar sent 190 pms to himself.

The big raid guilds have chimed in.

The response is HELL NO don't cap VS and STAHP with the P2W baloney.

(This matter doesn't impact casual players as much as raiders, so I'm only going on this)

Daglar, I don't think you, or any Trion dev, wants to see your top end raiding guilds leave the game. I would hope you understand how detrimental that would be to the viability of Rift in general.

You also have some of the more hardcore PVP players echoing the same sentiments about this and the homogenization issue.

Those two groups right there are a HUGE component of your overall playerbase.

We are very unhappy with these issues and many more.

Look at some of the failed games in recent history - broad, sweeping changes made by the developers that honestly thought they knew what was best for their game chasing people away left and right.

If anything, what this thread should show you is that Rift is heading dangerously close to that cliff.

It is definitely time to stop, collaborate and listen.

I'm hoping Monday will bring some logical, open-minded discourse and the potential for POSITIVE change.

I don't want to see Rift crumble - none of us do, so work with us, your playerbase, your source of revenue, your consumers - and let's fix this stuff before NT goes live.

Wait a second.... I see so many people screaming about the ''oh there are accelerators and patron bonuses to gain more VS,'' Doesn't that just get you to the WEEKLY CAP on those currencies faster? A cap is a cap, do not pass go, do not collect $200. A set amount per week is just that, a set amount per week.

(Oh, and let me point out another little tidbit just for gits and shiggles, what is the point of patron if the bonuses mean nothing to the things we actually need? That's right sports fans! NOTHING. No reason to pay for patron anymore, good thing I haven't bought months in advance like I usually do just to waste it.)

That being said, I still think this is absolutely ridiculous. You have gear of same, and greater value in the store that you can buy TODAY without a cap, or you can spend months earning, waiting for the new week to cap again, earning some more, and so on to get your gear up to almost par to RUN EXPERTS to get gear decent enough to start being facerolled by early raids and 10 mans just to be pressured to buy the better gear from the store that is more of an upgrade than the stuff we WORKED for?(Notice the use of the word ''WORKED''... not PLAYED.)

Just to clarify even further, I could do what a lot of people did last go around, and cough up upwards of $500 for gear that you simply cannot get outside of T3 raids, and in some cases, better than you can get in raids, or I get punished even further, and instead of spending a week worth of time grinding gear and stones until my eyes bleed for a moderate upgrade (like with torvan and lycini), I get to spend SEVERAL MONTHS doing now withno other option but to buy your raid equivalent gear off the store. Neato.

This is possibly the most ridiculous thing I have seen your guys pull, and I am actually a pretty big fan of how you respond to your community and try to find ways to make things better. This is a slap in the face of people that play and pay on a regular basis. It literally ties our hands behind our backs and tells us that we cannot play as we like, we cannot play what we like, we cannot do anything at this point besides spend hundreds of dollars in your ingame store to buy things we cannot do the things we want without or wait months to do them.

You are going to lose good, paying customers, and they won't be going to Arch Age to be cornered again by this same thing later on because of this. Take a step back and think this one through. There have been any number of suggestions, solutions, and different directions to take offered on this forum alone to keep this from happening. See if you can find a way around it without this being such a huge kick in the teeth to your customers.
    Last edited by Dissention1; 10-05-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Dissention1 View Post
    Wait a second.... I see so many people screaming about the ''oh there are accelerators and patron bonuses to gain more VS,'' Doesn't that just get you to the WEEKLY CAP on those currencies faster? A cap is a cap, do not pass go, do not collect $200. A set amount per week is just that, a set amount per week.

The accelerators directly upgrade the same "world" gear so you bypass the Stones altogether......

Rift Disciple

Well, the weekend has passed, and still no word from any devs. I want to know what the plan will be, you have 21 pages of people saying this is a bad idea, idk what else you want TRION. Either cut the **** and give us the real reason to have this cap in place, or remove it, acknowledge your mistake and be on your way.

Champion

Do you have any idea how many pages of screaming about labor points there are in the AA forums? Rift is in semi maintenance mode and the time and money for coders is just not there anymore. Content must be gated and people must be slowed down considerably. If eating content isn't slowed down expansions can't be released every other year as this one is.

The stone cap is purely to slow down content eating so they can stretch content creation out as long as possible.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Cladari View Post
    Do you have any idea how many pages of screaming about labor points there are in the AA forums? Rift is in semi maintenance mode and the time and money for coders is just not there anymore. Content must be gated and people must be slowed down considerably. If eating content isn't slowed down expansions can't be released every other year as this one is.

The stone cap is purely to slow down content eating so they can stretch content creation out as long as possible.
    Unless you give them money. Then you can ignore the currency cap.

The latest changes: (Taken from Riftgrate)
    1. Void Source Accelerator cost increased from 15,000 Void Stones to 17,500.
    2. Most prices increased in the previous update. (Unfortunately didn't keep track of those).
    3. Void Seekers set seems to have changed. Pretty sure Helms used to cost more than one weekly cap worth of void stones.
    4. Gloves\Belt\Boots: 28,000 Void Stones
    5. Helm\Shoulders: 35,000 Void Stones
    6. Chest\Legs: 70,000 Void Stones
    7. Void Stones Weekly Cap still 35,000.

So the Accelerators have been jacked up, and the other gear has been put down.

So basically you've increased the most vital upgrade component to 2 a week with no word on removing the cap despite the outcry from your community.

Bravo.

String the players along a little more and you will find that you have none left to be greedy over.
    Last edited by Karny; 10-05-2014 at 02:21 PM.

I just...

You know what never mind I dont feel like getting banned ill end with /sigh and
    Last edited by Xillean; 10-05-2014 at 02:24 PM. Reason: :(
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Quote Originally Posted by Xillean View Post
    I just...

You know what never mind I don't feel like getting banned ill end with /sigh and
    My sentiments exactly. We, the players, are totally helpless in the face of what the game company chooses to do.

Sad part is I much preferred the sub model. ...being a patron is about as close as I can get to discounts on the ridiculously priced items in the Rift store. I still have not gained enough slayer marks to upgrade all my equipment from t1 gear. Can't run t2 raids until I do that...which means I can't raid anything higher than t1 because I lack the hit or any other stat required for that higher level run.

And I am not a hard core raider but a casual player that is just starting to learn raiding. It is beginning to feel like work...if you don't have the experience you can't get the job, but if you don't get the job how do you gain experience?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 52 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast