+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast
Like Tree864Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Currency cap on Void stones WTH ? (Infinity stones in NT)

I like to fish and use my survival crafting skill.

Some of the fish I need to craft lures to fish in Steppes and Ashora requires lures and fishing in Steppes and Ashora.

I don't want to HAVE to go to those zones if I don't want to but I still want to make those lures.

Trion should just put those epic quality fish in pools in Silverwood because it's not fair that I HAVE to fish in those zones I don't like. I still deserve epic fish.

Epic Fish to make lures to fish in zones I will never go to, just because I want them.

Epic gear to kill bosses in instances I will never go to, just because I want it.

So Trion decides that enough people have asked for these epic fish and loads them into Silverwood and Freemarch water.

Yay! Epic fish for everyone!

BUT! You can only fish up 4 fish a week. Period.

You used to be able to fish as many as you wanted if you would go to the zones they're found in, but now, since they're in easy to get areas, they HAVE to be capped.

The hardcore fishers who have no problem going to Ashora and Steppes to get these fish suddenly can't make as many lures as they need for their recipes because the people who don't want to go to those zones want fish too. It's FAIR, they say. They DESERVE nice fish too.

But, everyone can get as many fish as they want if they buy the Super Special Fish Accelerators from the Rift Store for 1600 credits each.

Do you not see the issue here?

Raiders that want to go into expert and raid content are now stuck behind a potentially VERY long gated grind so that people who don't want to do expert and raid content can get the same gear that they don't actually need to do the content that they do.

But, everyone can get the same gear if they buy it with credits.

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by oSUCCESS0 View Post
    I wanted to respond to this as, you, even being a world player are against the caps as well right?

Simply put I dont see how either side of the coin can have this as a wanted change besides people who dont have the time and dont want to "left behind" Yet they fail to realize newer people coming to the game will be just that ...left behind.

They want to be able to spend an hour a day doing the same stuff people would be willing to put 8 hours a day into and get the exact same reward.

Your response to someone is someone who is against the cap in place as well.
    World player here. Not really a world player by choice but school schedule is too erratic to commit to a set raiding day/time each week. Totally against the cap.

We already have world gear available with infinity stones. It's upgradeable to the point where its comparable to dungeon gear. It's how my first character became T1 ready, by pairing upgraded world gear with crafted. I might have a piece of dungeon gear as well. Put me in the box with those who have no idea why Trion has to fix something that isn't broken by implementing this cap.

I think a problem we are seeing in decisions is that Rift hasn't dealt with a new expansion since going free to play. Gear at the start of an expansion is huge when it comes to the competitive side of rift. It should be how much time you put into the game to get the required hit to start raiding that matters, not the ability to flip open your wallet and spend cash it just really isn't fair to the community. Expert and World gear have the hit needed to start raiding and if all you have to do is pay money to get that gear then it's simply not fair. This also applies to the collector's edition and the weekly cap on Void stones. btw I'm really depressed and don't post unless I'm really worried. A lot of talk about quitting is going around and its killing me. I love rift but if this is the way they wanna go then I just don't know anymore.........

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by PRK815 View Post
    I think a problem we are seeing in decisions is that Rift hasn't dealt with a new expansion since going free to play. Gear at the start of an expansion is huge when it comes to the competitive side of rift. It should be how much time you put into the game to get the required hit to start raiding that matters, not the ability to flip open your wallet and spend cash it just really isn't fair to the community. Expert and World gear have the hit needed to start raiding and if all you have to do is pay money to get that gear then it's simply not fair. This also applies to the collector's edition and the weekly cap on Void stones. btw I'm really depressed and don't post unless I'm really worried. A lot of talk about quitting is going around and its killing me. I love rift but if this is the way they wanna go then I just don't know anymore.........
    I think you're right on the lack of experience of doing an expansion since going free to play. With that in mind, they really should have opened beta sooner or done a whole lot more to figure out possible bombs in the expansion. You don't throw darts at a calendar and hope for the best.

Is there a lot of talk in game of quitting too? The forums are a fairly small minority of players, I wouldn't go by that too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Taledra View Post
    Is there a lot of talk in game of quitting too? The forums are a fairly small minority of players, I wouldn't go by that too much.
    It's mostly the competitive community of rift that is disappointed in these decisions it's not just from the forums.

I have similar sentiments as arus2001. And I am very against the cap. I have numerous level 60s and 2 in their 50s. What's even the point of having alts now? I put a ton of time into them, and Trion has plans to render it meaningless.

And what's it to anyone if open worlders have decent gear to work towards?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

A lot of people i know plan to quit because of all this...stuff. My guild pretty much folded over it so now im back in my 'friends n family' guild waiting to see what happens. Doesn't help I lag so hard now I cant even do warfronts or much of anything so bleh.

The cap of voidstones should go or they should make a new currency to keep the world stuff separate. I will never understand why people feel they should be able to get awesome gear without doing the required content. You want expert gear? go do dungeons, you want raid gear? then raid and etc.

I use to raid in this game until my guild imploded and I never got back into it. I understood I wouldn't have raid gear but that's fine from then on I pvped until my eyes bleed and I still do. I am getting close to where I wish I wouldn't have bought a nightmare pack, and closer to the point I wish I would have staid away and that makes me said, I loved this game.
    Myrmidon Xillean Tormeng, Lord of War
    Dimensions: Planar Study Spec: 61/10/5
    PA: 900 | Score: 11120 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS Conqueror | 11/11 HK | 2/4 RotP | 1/8 ID
    Characters: Xillean R90, Phantasmal R72, Eylisa R68, Kattie R74

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    I have similar sentiments as arus2001. And I am very against the cap. I have numerous level 60s and 2 in their 50s. What's even the point of having alts now? I put a ton of time into them, and Trion has plans to render it meaningless.

And what's it to anyone if open worlders have decent gear to work towards?
    The real complaint isn't that open worlders have gear to work towards. It's that, because they are being given the gear to work towards, everyone is being hit with an arbitrary cap.
    Mage Class Lead | RoF: 4/4 MS: 5/5
    I hate Clerics, Rogues(especially Hoss), and people whose names end in z (That means you Zeez!)

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tahrin View Post
    The real complaint isn't that open worlders have gear to work towards. It's that, because they are being given the gear to work towards, everyone is being hit with an arbitrary cap.
    x999999999999

Your response to someone is someone who is against the cap in place as well.
    What I took more from it is that open world gear should be inferior because it is open world gear. Ever see lines akin to, "You don't NEED it to do..." with reference to open world stuff? That's the opinion I'm arguing against because they're dictating what I do and don't need to enjoy the game.

Yes, I'm glad people are against caps. I hope Trion takes it to heart. Of course, if my luck with XIV is any indication, zero phux will be given. At the same time, I don't think it's fair to be blaming casuals that caps are even on the table. The "Everyone would max everything in a week!" argument was a fail in XIV, and it would be true here, too. Unless your definition of everyone is sub-1%.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by arus2001 View Post
    What I took more from it is that open world gear should be inferior because it is open world gear. Ever see lines akin to, "You don't NEED it to do..." with reference to open world stuff? That's the opinion I'm arguing against because they're dictating what I do and don't need to enjoy the game.

Yes, I'm glad people are against caps. I hope Trion takes it to heart. Of course, if my luck with XIV is any indication, zero phux will be given. At the same time, I don't think it's fair to be blaming casuals that caps are even on the table. The "Everyone would max everything in a week!" argument was a fail in XIV, and it would be true here, too. Unless your definition of everyone is sub-1%.

Well unfortunately its basically Dagler saying the casual players were the need for the cap because they wanted world gear to be better. Raiders honestly dont care what gear casual players get as long as we arent stonewalled because of it lol

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Tahrin View Post
    But they have ALWAYS had gear to grind for, Daglar's reason for implementing this cap is a complete lie. World gear ever since SL release has been as good or better than expert gear, and it has been "infinitaly grindable". The first set was "empyreal conquerors" gear, that was +40 hit equivalent blue gear. That gear was upgradable to "empyreal vanquishers" gear, +53 hit stuff equal in quality blue quality expert gear. That gear was then upgradable to "empyreal hero's" gear that stuff was the equivalent to purple quality dungeon gear gear. All of these upgrade paths were available day 1 of SL release. Later on in SL another upgrade path was introduced to again give people more gear to grind towards.

I'll repeat, the actual reason for implementing this cap has absolutely nothing to do with making world gear as good as expert gear, IT HAS ALWAYS BEEN AS GOOD.
    Dreezie

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenddydd View Post
    Do you not see the issue here?....
    But, everyone can get the same gear if they buy it with credits.
    I admire people in customer support so much. If it were up to me, I would have simply deleted the whole thread. Here is the issue in a nutshell.

Is Rift P2W? No.
    Is Rift pay to have an advantage? Yes. It has to be because the money has to come from somewhere and if it is not coming from P2W and it isn't coming from a subscription it has to come from paying to have an advantage.

That by definition means that some people are at a disadvantage if they don't pay. The only question then becomes who and how. Gating is one way to put people at a disadvantage because it penalizes people who have more time/interest than money.

Somewhere, somehow some has to pay or there is no game. The rest of the arguments are just about burden shifting.

Telaran

Pu t a cap on the number you can buy from the store too, and this is a non-issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Elayara View Post
    The people complaining on the forums are just the usual vocal minority. Think of all the people who sent Daglar PMs telling him how great this new cap is - so I think we can assume that most people are pretty fine with it. You just have to live with what the majority of the community (read: the people who only express their opinion in PMs sent directly to Daglar) wants.
    I'm pretty sure they were happy about the gear and not the cap

On top of everything else that is wrong with this cap, already posted in this thread, how about vouchers? I assume we'll get vouchers for VS too. That's part of how Trion made rep "account wide". Now it wouldn't be fair if you could consume vouchers and go above the cap, we all understand that.

So then what, when you're saving all your VS for things you need on your main. You got weeks left to save all your VS for that. Then your alt got some VS and you want an essence for it...

Trion, you make limitations to mains and you kill alts... What do you want us to log in for?

And no, I haven't tested how fast you can reach the cap of VS. How could you ever test it? There's no shard hopping for events on PTS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast