+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Noshei
  • 1 Post By Techie Will
  • 1 Post By Gingers

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Question on minions and expansion pack

  1. #1
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    349

    Default Question on minions and expansion pack

    Is there anything about the extra minion slot in the expansion pack you can't get with in-game currency? (Mainly, does the expansion pack allow you to have a higher minion cap?)

    And is there anything beneficial about the exclusive minion in the expansion back over the ones you can get in-game other than cosmetic?

  2. #2
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petoffen View Post
    Is there anything about the extra minion slot in the expansion pack you can't get with in-game currency? (Mainly, does the expansion pack allow you to have a higher minion cap?)

    And is there anything beneficial about the exclusive minion in the expansion back over the ones you can get in-game other than cosmetic?
    Daglar has mentioned previously in a live stream that extra minion slots will most likely be credit only. Everyone will get 1 minion slot by default but it will take credits to open up more. I don't think the CE is going to give you a bonus slot.

    Don't think all of the minions have been finished so your other question is probably un-answerable.

  3. #3
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    3,131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Daglar has mentioned previously in a live stream that extra minion slots will most likely be credit only. Everyone will get 1 minion slot by default but it will take credits to open up more. I don't think the CE is going to give you a bonus slot.

    Don't think all of the minions have been finished so your other question is probably un-answerable.
    Infusion and ultimate.

    A Minion for Thee
    You’ll receive a second minion slot and the exclusive Bloop Minion across all characters on your account.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

  4. #4
    RIFT Guide Writer Noshei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Daglar has mentioned previously in a live stream that extra minion slots will most likely be credit only. Everyone will get 1 minion slot by default but it will take credits to open up more. I don't think the CE is going to give you a bonus slot.

    Don't think all of the minions have been finished so your other question is probably un-answerable.
    And this also changed I believe. They added a currency you get when doing minion adventures that I believe the intent is to be used for unlocking more minion slots. Though it hasn't been fully implemented yet.

  5. #5
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,122

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    And this also changed I believe. They added a currency you get when doing minion adventures that I believe the intent is to be used for unlocking more minion slots. Though it hasn't been fully implemented yet.
    Pretty sure the currency has three purposes: Rushing adventures (completing them early), going on the special long duration missions (to the far right), and then use as a crafting material for the Amenders (gear upgrade/sidegrade items). I haven't seen anything about slots being available for anything but credits yet.


  6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team Gingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Petoffen View Post
    Is there anything about the extra minion slot in the expansion pack you can't get with in-game currency? (Mainly, does the expansion pack allow you to have a higher minion cap?)

    And is there anything beneficial about the exclusive minion in the expansion back over the ones you can get in-game other than cosmetic?
    No the expansion pack does not allow you to have a higher minion cap. The first minion slot you buy is cheaper than the others and they progressively get more expensive. So to be fair, the minion slot that comes with the expansion is essentially buying the most expensive slot. Hopefully that made sense.

    Bloop the minion has two attributes (water & diplomacy) compared to the minions that you can buy off the vendor now all only have one attribute. My Bloop is level 6 now and has more stamina than my all of my common rarity minions of the same level.

    Oh and it's super cute!
    Last edited by Gingers; 09-26-2014 at 09:36 AM.

  7. #7
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    3,116

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    No the expansion pack does not allow you to have a higher minion cap. The first minion slot you buy is cheaper than the others and they progressively get more expensive. So to be fair, the minion slot that comes with the expansion is essentially buying the most expensive slot. Hopefully that made sense.

    Bloop the minion has two attributes (water & diplomacy) compared to the minions that you can buy off the vendor now all only have one attribute. My Bloop is level 6 now and has more stamina than my all of my common rarity minions of the same level.

    Oh and it's super cute!
    Without getting too much into spoilers, in terms of rarity, where does Bloop fall?

    Also, if he is say, epic tier, do all epic tier minions have two attributes and boosted stamina, like is that something to "expect" when hunting down better minions, or could I also attempt to find the epic minion (made up stuff inc) bill the workhorse with boatloads of stamina and no attribute, and Fred the specialist with all attributes and horrible stamina.

    tl: dr are the stat layouts standardized by tiers.

  8. #8
    RIFT Guide Writer Noshei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,886

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    Without getting too much into spoilers, in terms of rarity, where does Bloop fall?

    Also, if he is say, epic tier, do all epic tier minions have two attributes and boosted stamina, like is that something to "expect" when hunting down better minions, or could I also attempt to find the epic minion (made up stuff inc) bill the workhorse with boatloads of stamina and no attribute, and Fred the specialist with all attributes and horrible stamina.

    tl: dr are the stat layouts standardized by tiers.
    bloop is epic

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts