+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: RR, Vendetta PTS testing unfair

Soulwalker

Default RR, Vendetta PTS testing unfair

As the title says I'm actually really made that Vendetta as a whole is testing new raids.

I like RR a lot, I've talked with him in game (although from this name he wouldn't know ) but it's bad enough that only so called 'elite' players or ones who stream or run a fan site are the ones getting into test the beta.

Now, RR's guild is testing a raid? That screams of favoritism and is just BS imo. Why not send out invites to the community to come test. Unless the DEVs are saying all players are bad and no one but Vendetta can do this.

I'd love to come test it out. I know my specs, I play well but no.. only Vendetta and close friends I'm sure.

I'm sure our euro friends in top guild would agree but this is just my opinions.

End rant.

Peace and love.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenifire View Post
    As the title says I'm actually really made that Vendetta as a whole is testing new raids.

I like RR a lot, I've talked with him in game (although from this name he wouldn't know ) but it's bad enough that only so called 'elite' players or ones who stream or run a fan site are the ones getting into test the beta.

Now, RR's guild is testing a raid? That screams of favoritism and is just BS imo. Why not send out invites to the community to come test. Unless the DEVs are saying all players are bad and no one but Vendetta can do this.

I'd love to come test it out. I know my specs, I play well but no.. only Vendetta and close friends I'm sure.

I'm sure our euro friends in top guild would agree but this is just my opinions.

End rant.

Peace and love.
    The Devs have stated several times that all anyone or any guild has to do is send in a pm stating your interest in testing something.

They have reached out in the past and asked people to test raids as well.

If you and your guild wish to test out a 3.0 raid, you should pm a dev and see if their is an availability and what requirements there are if any for that particular test raid.

I am not standing up for RR specifically, just the fact that I have not seen Trion play favorites on this subject. What I have seen is a lot of people that claim they play favorites, however they do not take the initiative to contact the devs and work things out.

<O└d Skool>

Ascendant

Anyone can test, although if you're looking to raid test you need to get in as a guild; raids are not going to be tuned to a level where you get 20 random people and fight it. The only limitation is that if you are raid testing, you are spending a night not doing raids on live. For most guilds this is not an option as they have not cleared Laethys/Maelforge, but there is no rule or policy against any given guild coming in to test.

With the aforementioned limitation one might jump to the conclusion that guilds still working on content are at an unfair disadvantage for 3.0, but then you realize they are still progressing for several reasons, and none of them are linked to PTS. If they are a few months behind in progression now, it's extremely likely that without major roster/policy adjustments they will be months behind in progression for Nightmare Tide. If anything PTS gives a few hours of advantage for handling certain mechanics, but that's about it.
    Last edited by Ahov; 09-21-2014 at 03:44 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer

Nope. 12345
    Acuta - Apotheosys

Ascendant

You. You. You.

That's the problem.

You. Singular. One person.

One person does not make a good test for a raid. You need 20. Vendetta has 20 people that want to test, and are available to test at the same time, and gave said timeframe to the devs.

Like others have said. Get your 20, pm the devs.
    Last edited by Repster; 09-21-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Vendetta are not the only people testing this new content.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Vendetta are not the only people testing this new content.
    As a member of Vendetta I am appalled at this revelation. I thought we were their favorites!

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post
    As a member of Vendetta I am appalled at this revelation. I thought we were their favorites!
    Shh. Just let it wash over your face.

Quote Originally Posted by Sedvick View Post

I really can not stop rofl ........

<O└d Skool>

I thought this was going to be about the one shotting bosses and spamming mass resses.

There are at least 5 guilds I know of testing 3.0 raid content.

As stated above: the Devs do know pick individual people to test their content. If you want to test you can get with your guild and PM a dev.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

End rant.

Peace and love.
    TL;DR

Moooooooom why does Steve get to play with the brand new race car first? QQQQQQ

How else are you going to have that guide to read in 4 weeks when you finally get 20 people ready for it?
    Shut your pie hole!!!

Bulf is love. Bulf is life.

Bulf is everywhere.
    Last edited by Muspel; 09-21-2014 at 09:04 PM.

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Bulf is everywhere.
    Bulf is infinite.

There are a lot of other guilds testing 3.0 raids as well. and like everyone else has said, get 20 people and pm a dev for access. May want to check your facts before making a thread.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast