+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Deadbeat8517
  • 2 Post By Nogardgib

Thread: Games short term success

Shadowlander

Default Games short term success

I see a major problem to this games success unless a new bug gets squashed fast. Im hoping Im wrong but I dont think so.

MMO's society rely a lot on people who farm the needed items to craft. Its a basic fact, most people do not like to farm mats. If they did the auction wouldnt be so busy selling said mats. Right now there is a major bug in the auction when buying something from it. You spend your money and get nothing in the mail. It is rumoured this only happens when you buy a partial stack. Ive heard others say when they buy items listed singularly.

Players will give Trion a short time to fix this but once they realize they cant safely buy/sell items via the auction they will stop playing.

Soulwalker

Or they'll farm the mats themselves or trade via global channels. I'm already seeing more of the latter on the back of the recent auction fee changes.

It's a pretty serious bug admittedly, not that I've seen it myself, but it's not game-breaking. It certainly wouldn't make me throw all my toys out of the pram and quit playing a game I love.

Daglar has already said quite a few hours ago on reddit that this bug was noticed in-house by one of their team, and the engineers are looking into it. It seems the entire transaction is somehow getting stuck on the shards, so there is a chance that when this is fixed (which will probably be very quickly), mailboxes will fill up with missing items and sellers will get their plat.
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

Quote Originally Posted by Gobgrot View Post
    I see a major problem to this games success unless a new bug gets squashed fast. Im hoping Im wrong but I dont think so.

MMO's society rely a lot on people who farm the needed items to craft. Its a basic fact, most people do not like to farm mats. If they did the auction wouldnt be so busy selling said mats. Right now there is a major bug in the auction when buying something from it. You spend your money and get nothing in the mail. It is rumoured this only happens when you buy a partial stack. Ive heard others say when they buy items listed singularly.

Players will give Trion a short time to fix this but once they realize they cant safely buy/sell items via the auction they will stop playing.
    This was reported yesterday in other threads and Trion is already working on a fix for it.

This is a link to Trions reply:

http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...-auctions.html

<O└d Skool>

Water is wet, and taxes go up

+ Reply to Thread