+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: When will clerics not be 100% worthless?

Soulwalker

Default When will clerics not be 100% worthless?

I'm so sick and tired of being a cleric at the bottom of the pile, i made a cleric to be the best healer class yet when dream souls were released everyone and there dog can heal better and survive longer than clerics. We got rogues running around doing double or triple the heals of a cleric while having 55k health and zero mana to get drained, i cant go 5 seconds in a warfront without getting mana drained to zero with the bull crap 18k mana cap and they spam it over and over.Yet rouges can go non stop with unlimited energy regen,55k health in freelancers gear all while doing triple the heals of a cleric. I'm in full rank 90 relic pvp gear with every +endurance rune you can buy or get from reputation runes yet with max gear and all endurance runes i can get 32k health and having all those endurance runes kills my healing and then i see rogues in freelancers outhealing me and running around with 50-60k health with zero runes its complete trash and im tired of it. I'm not even going to get started about how trash cleric dps is compared to everyone else there really needs to be a MAJOR MAJOR REDO FOR CLERICS!!!!!!!!!!

If you play RIFT and Cleric is your favorite class be prepared to a 2nd class citizen. We have Druid ignored for over 2 years now and finally the class lead tells us that it won't be looked at anytime soon because its a "Pet" class.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Nickalispicalis View Post
    If you play RIFT and Cleric is your favorite class be prepared to a 2nd class citizen. We have Druid ignored for over 2 years now and finally the class lead tells us that it won't be looked at anytime soon because its a "Pet" class.
    Great news my plan is to go to arche age or another game until it gets fixed i cant deal with it anymore!!!

Telaran

Default Wait...

We got upgraded to 2nd class? WOOHOO!

I don't PVP, but I feel the same way as the OP. I love healing on my rogue. She has WAY lesser gear than my cleric, my weaps are not even t1 yet and she can heal WAY WAY WAY better. I can move, I don't have to stand there channeling heals like I do in puri. I don't even know where to begin about how sad I get when I play my cleric. All I'm good for is defiler/oracle or puri/warden. Forget ranged DPS, melee dps is nice but u can't do melee for egg tenders for example. It's just so disappointing.

I hate having to shelve my cleric, but I really do feel like I might have to at some point. If the rogue devs EVR decide to chnage bard upa nd give them a shield like oracles do, I'd definitely make my rogue my main.

Sigh...I love my cleric though
    ♥,
    Sylverlune
    Goodbye my lovely alts, I knew you well
    My Ascend-A-Friend code: 2HRDPTLT2WTFDTWM6GDP
    *It's the end of the world as we know it, and I feel fine!* - REM

We have Druid ignored for over 2 years now and finally the class lead tells us that it won't be looked at anytime soon because its a "Pet" class.
    The druid rework last summer is over 2 years now? You shouldn`t tell lies
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Everything true what OP sais, except the high HP. There's no physicians with 50-60 K HP, that could be some kind of RS hybrid and not a viable heal spec. Just some troll spec.
    Physician easy, never runs out resource, has the highest HPS + shielding, mobile, has good Cds.
    I feel sorry to the other healers tbh. Especially chloros and liberators.

Hey, clerics are only 33.3% useless. We can still do more than decent DPS and Tank!
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBaby View Post
    i cant go 5 seconds in a warfront without getting mana drained
    Oh, PvP whining. *yawn*
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

Soulwalker

I'm a fan of PvP, but i'm more a fan of my Cleric, and it doesn't work together, when i'm on a battleground with my cleric i feel to be a pain in the ***, but when i play PvE, i'm sorry i'm proud of it.
    I do as good as a rogue or a liberator, sometime better, i'm on the top dps, and we are on the end of T3 with my guild.
    For PvE, we should be proud to play a non easy class, play defiler, have a good dps, and a good hps, is not for everyone!!!
    We just had a rewamp of warden, a bad cleric is now awfull, and a good one play with a finger in the nose.
    BUT in PvP, we are the shame of the game, i hope the rewamp of the inquisitor will change the clue, but from what i see of the project we are so far of the pyromancer.... let's see.

Quote Originally Posted by Kartia View Post
    Everything true what OP sais, except the high HP. There's no physicians with 50-60 K HP, that could be some kind of RS hybrid and not a viable heal spec. Just some troll spec.
    Physician easy, never runs out resource, has the highest HPS + shielding, mobile, has good Cds.
    I feel sorry to the other healers tbh. Especially chloros and liberators.
    I stopped reading at 55k hp physicians. The ST spec is around 36-37k hp fully geared. Even my hybrid phys/rs spec to run stones in Scion and Whitefall only has 44k.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    I stopped reading at 55k hp physicians. The ST spec is around 36-37k hp fully geared. Even my hybrid phys/rs spec to run stones in Scion and Whitefall only has 44k.
    You haven't played been in warfronts enough if you havent notice the rogue healer running around with 55k health and never dying no matter how many people stacks on them.

Quote Originally Posted by BoxxyBaby View Post
    You haven't played been in warfronts enough if you havent notice the rogue healer running around with 55k health and never dying no matter how many people stacks on them.
    Sure, if you say so. You do realize the 61 riftstalker barely hits 60k decked out with endrance runes. Please show me a screen shot of a 58 or 61 physician topping the heal charts plus a screen shot of them targeted with their hp.

Pro tip - friend Caeus, join him in his warfronts, and you two clerics can QQ together. He's an inquisitor that needs pocket heals.

There many awesome clerics in pvp, even with there mana pool they can heal pretty damn well and long, I know so trying kill one is a pain, with out a dom help or more dps on them.

But still don't make clerices useless as more a team play in pvp then a long solo player that want to be all ways a top of every class.
    Last edited by Zaber; 09-16-2014 at 07:57 AM.

Shield of Telara

I used to love healing on my cleric in WFs, but now it is more of a chore. So I made a rogue healer and I have a blast with that. This has always been trions way, instead of class balance there are flavor of the month classes (most cases many many months).

Clerics still can do ok, but it is frustrating at times. The worst is when you are sitting at no mana and you have a rogue on you draining your mana with each hit. You use an ability to try to regain mana and yet it is drained as fast as your ability is giving it back to you. If you do not have others (hopefully a rogue healer) cross healing you then you are screwed. But on my rogue I fell like I do not need someone cross healing. I have mobility with many good insta heals to the point I can keep myself up without any ability that takes a cast timer. Clerics have so many cast timers that leaves you vulnerable to extra CC.

I dread doing my WF dailies on my cleric and do the bare minimum just to keep up with gear. One day it might be clerics turn to be on top again until then I will play my rogue for healing.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast