+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By DmgIncGM
  • 2 Post By ComradeChairman
  • 1 Post By Khelendross
  • 2 Post By Vance

Thread: Kicking a Dead Horse... NA & EU Shard Planar Attunement Points

Default Kicking a Dead Horse... NA & EU Shard Planar Attunement Points

I know this topic is raised once or twice a year, but there are quite a few of us that have characters on NA and EU shards. I cannot imagine it is a difficult fix to allow us to have our maximum number of PA points we earned available on one set of shards or the other.

Heck, our 'Credits' show and are spent on both...

Thanks for spending any extra time to program this option.

Soulwalker

I heavily support this. I would love to switch to NA now that my EU freinds no longer play ( I myself live in Canada ) But im unwilling to re-level my PA

Yeah, this needs to be done, but it seems the mechanics behind it are easier said than done. See, the EU and NA are completely separate datacentres on two different continents (this why the DDos did not affect the EU shards yesterday.) Hrm...maybe an /exportpa and /importpa so that the transfer is done using your machine?

I used that to copy across my UI and keybindings from my EU chars to a new US char I created on faeblight.
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

Default Not Sure How It Differs, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    Yeah, this needs to be done, but it seems the mechanics behind it are easier said than done. See, the EU and NA are completely separate datacentres on two different continents (this why the DDos did not affect the EU shards yesterday.) Hrm...maybe an /exportpa and /importpa so that the transfer is done using your machine?

I used that to copy across my UI and keybindings from my EU chars to a new US char I created on faeblight.
    Some of my friends who only play on the EU shards said their PA points were available on the PTI (which I'm told is on NA shard). However, I'm pretty sure it must use a different concept.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by DmgIncGM View Post
    I know this topic is raised once or twice a year, but there are quite a few of us that have characters on NA and EU shards. I cannot imagine it is a difficult fix to allow us to have our maximum number of PA points we earned available on one set of shards or the other.

Heck, our 'Credits' show and are spent on both...

Thanks for spending any extra time to program this option.
    They have actually addressed this before. Its actually really difficult. Keep in mind that credits work through the Rift Store which is a seperate system developed much later. PA has been in awhile. And in fact PA is a problem not just with account bound but also in that the system doesn't support anything beyond whats currently in. An overhaul is "on the list of things to do" as they said but it probably won't be till next year. And we will likely get as new tier of attunement at the time that they get the full account bound PA working.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

PA is attached to your Character information, this is why it carries over when you copy a character to the PTS servers. There is no way to copy or transfer character info between NA and EU servers. Is the gist of the problem as I've seen explained by the devs.

I don't see it changing.

Then stop calling it ACCOUNT bound. There are a lot of examples of things that are called ACCOUNT bound but in reality aren't.

Make it all accessible or re-name it. But the way it is now is confusing and false advertising.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance View Post
    Then stop calling it ACCOUNT bound. There are a lot of examples of things that are called ACCOUNT bound but in reality aren't.

Make it all accessible or re-name it. But the way it is now is confusing and false advertising.
    It is Account Bound, but Region locked.

Most things are "account bound" but region locked, or even shard locked. Like many items you get that are account bound can only be mailed to one of your account characters on that shard. This is why people have "Mule" characters to ship stuff between shards by using the free once a week transfer.
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

+ Reply to Thread