+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: What are you doing to prepare for 3.0?

Default What are you doing to prepare for 3.0?

The title says it. I am just curious as to what are the majority of the player base doing to prepare for the upcoming NT expansion. Should I just be saving plat? Building up ESMs (even though I think they will be obsolete in NT)?

Any thoughts or suggestions appreciated....

Trying to get as much good gear as I can to help with leveling.

As it stands, Current Tier 1 Raid gear will be worthless at level 65. Can't imagine the story is different for tier 2 gear.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Save plat
    Max planarite, crafting marks, all that jazz
    Grab Destiny
    Grab a Pint
    And wait for 3.0
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

Over the last few weeks i have taken an interest in completing achievements, artifact sets, and hunting rare mobs. Just to get them out of the way before the expansion arrives. I'm really looking forward to hunting the new rares.
    [No longer an active player]

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    Trying to get as much good gear as I can to help with leveling.

As it stands, Current Tier 1 Raid gear will be worthless at level 65. Can't imagine the story is different for tier 2 gear.
    Watching intim get the 61 quest drops on the video the other day, I will tell you now that 61 greens are a par above T1, nearly at T2 gear. Thats provided the values I saw on the gear he dropped dont change between here and then.

Chain shoulders for cleric had an armor value of 3305, wis +99, int +71, end +71, CP +74. They made his equipped Empowered Spaulders of the Tower look weak. (armor 3293, wis +102, int +73, end +73, SCH +83).
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

Well... my problem is... after 8 years of been disabled after been almost been dead, and spending that time dragging myself back to fitness... after sacking my doctors, as all their poisons did was make me worse...

I had to go and get myself a job last week, and was doing the training last week... hopefully I will pass the training this week and start work properly.

So I will have to put Rift prep on the back burner for a bit, but once I sort out some real needs ( not wants when I start getting paid I hope to upgrade my rig, splash out on a Rift CE and get cracking.

So lack of time and cash is slowing me down, so will just see where the dice roll and jump in with and when. To many irl things happening atm to really do much in game... and then I also want to check on WoD, see how that pans out, so lots to do and so little time to do it.

* Finishing achievements (ugh those 1000 invasions and 100 rifts in each zone are horrible)
    * Getting rid of old crafting mats
    * Cleaning up my banks to make room for new stuff
    * Progressing on Maelforge to hopefully kill it before 3.0
    * Skilling up some harvesting on alts, to be able to harvest while exploring with them eventually
    * Gathering artifacts to have enough mats for new levels of Dreamweaving

That's at least some of what I do

Getting characters 10 and 11 up to level 60 manually so that come October 8th, I can swig a potion on character 12 and have an account full of level 60's. Then I'll take a screen shot and sell my account to China for $18,274 and retire to Costa Rica.

Or something like that.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

-Getting my rogue up to R90
    -Saving every daily gift, as well as weekly (the daily ones occasionally contain currency as well)
    -Mourning the loss of one of my favorite bugs in RIFT
    -Getting bounty artifacts out of pvp chests, I don't know why, but I feel they'll be useful later
    -Trying to get my mage to 750 artifact sets collected without using unstables (yeah I'm pretty far behind on that one, only around 700 sets after all this time)
    Lockshock - 60 Mage R90
    Zeraxis - 60 Rogue R85
    If you need me, I'm on archeage now. Blight, on Inoch.
    Scratch that, it would be Blight on Thunderwing now, but I quit AA so I'm back as Lockshock on Vigil

Telaran

Im fairly certain daglar said theres no reason to save bags, chests, gifts etc cause they wont drop expansion stuff

-Not caring about SLE's anymore since I don't need FES and I won't get enough FotW for another upgrade before 3.0
    -Getting the last couple of my T3 crystals that I doubt I'll ever use, just for the sake of having them
    -Collecting as many credits and as much plat as possible before 10/8
    -Getting rid of all the stuff I don't think will be useful so I can have cleaner bags/bank.
    -Collecting artifacts for salvage
    -Paying very close attention to the forums and other RIFT web resources for the purpose of gathering as much information as possible about the inner workings of 3.0
    -Hopefully using up the big stack of those annoying Apothecary lures that I still have in my bag.
    -Getting back to or close to the crafting currency caps
    Amarlia@Greybriar Level 60 Mathosian Mage
    6/8 BoB + 9/12 NT T1

Officer of <The Dawntreaders> 4/4 RoF x2, 4/5 MS, 1/3 TF and looking for more! Come kill all sorts of watery creatures with us!

-Crafting dailies again, to stock up crafting marks for the next round
    -Storing up some monies to purchase new crafting recipies and training
    -Enjoying time with guild for the next couple weeks
    -Going on a week vacation to rejeuvinate before the 3.0 race begins!
    Xenohart
    http://www.fractureguild.enjin.com/ | twitch.tv/xenohartgaming
    4/4 TDQ | 4/4 FT | 5/5 EE | 4/4 GA | 3/3 IG | 4/5 PB | 2/4 BOB 4/4 minis
    I just make it look easy sometimes. ~Daglar

I was supposed to be getting ready?!?!?! Ummmmm....

Been doing what I always do, run around whacking things, collecting things and of course fishing (curse you trophy fishes!!!!).
    Daphenia ~ 60 Warrior ~ Ebon Askavi ~ Hailol

Man looking for an argument: "Argument is an intellectual process. Contradiction is just the automatic gainsaying of any statement the other person makes."
    Arguer: "No it isn't." ~Monty Python's The Argument Clinic

Default Building

I'm building a bomb shelter... Oh wait, that's what I'm doing to prepare for WWIII. I suppose I could build a bomb shelter dimension!

Duh. I never even thought about "getting ready". So now, after reading all this.... well, I guess I'll at least keep gathering on all my alts, and start collecting artis to salvage....

Good question, good thread - thanks for the poke!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast