+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree89Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Games been down for over 4 hours, what is going on now?

Shadowlander

Default Games been down for over 4 hours, what is going on now?

The game crashed over 4 hours ago and before that it was lagging horribly and disconnecting everyone. I see there are a few shards open, but not the one I play on. There is no notes as to what is happening or messages. So, what's going on? How much longer before it's fully functional again? (Feeling deprived and sad)

Soulwalker

Default stupid

if they'd at least let us know what was going on would be nice

Soulwalker

Default whats goin on?

so the servers crashed again why am I not surprised this has been the case for 3 weeks now an its getting real old fast they need to fix this problem or im just gonna stop playing all together this is outrageous

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Theirishman View Post
    https://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/510903371986128896

Quote Originally Posted by Theirishman View Post
    They have its a DDos attack , But i like the conspiracy theory that the hamster died, an some one unplugged the power cord.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by redneckhexthree View Post
    so the servers crashed again why am I not surprised this has been the case for 3 weeks now an its getting real old fast they need to fix this problem or im just gonna stop playing all together this is outrageous
    Well this might be the last of playing Rift, not a word from the Dev's .. I can see issues but not answering your player base total BS..:-((

Shadowlander

I don't have twitter and hardly ever get onto Facebook. It should be here in the forums because that is where I check first for problems.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by omegaflare View Post
    Well this might be the last of playing Rift, not a word from the Dev's .. I can see issues but not answering your player base total BS..:-((
    There's your word. This type of stuff happens if five hours of downtime makes you quit then you should reconsider your dedication or patience.

https://twitter.com/Riftgame/status/510903371986128896

So, basically *nobody* at Trion can be bothered to post an announcement on the official forum? You know, the one they always point to when someone complains they had no notice that the servers were going down...
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

Plane Touched

Shameless plug for my livestream of the servers down http://www.twitch.tv/linkbry

Default Mowed the lawn...

...changed the oil and rotated the tires, washed and waxed the Bentley Now I'm ready to gank some NOOBS!!! but...

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    The game crashed over 4 hours ago and before that it was lagging horribly and disconnecting everyone. I see there are a few shards open, but not the one I play on. There is no notes as to what is happening or messages. So, what's going on? How much longer before it's fully functional again? (Feeling deprived and sad)
    Unfortunately even if there was a full staff at Trion right now tackling things to get it back up and running, you won't hear much from them. That is just the digressive history of Trion when it comes to any type of issue. At one time they were on top of communication and especially timely communication. Even if they are busy, it goes a long way to have someone official post something and then give an hourly or every few hour update. However unfortunate for us,Trion stopped being timely or effective in their communications a while back. Its a real shame.

For anyone who suffered and is still suffering through probably the worst head-start failure in mmo history (Archeage), they understand what I mean if they have been following the Archeage forums.

<O└d Skool>

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Countess Felicia View Post
    I don't have twitter and hardly ever get onto Facebook. It should be here in the forums because that is where I check first for problems.
    Fair enough, another thing to consider is that it's the weekend. The devs are most likely not working so it's probably just server techs on duty.

Soulwalker

being blamed on DDoS attacks is old -- this is more about server stability

Telaran

It would have been nice for a dev to post here on the forums explaining that it was a DDoS etc.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast