+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: The zone events [Unstable Server] has started..

Default The zone events [Unstable Server] has started..

Dear Trion/Rift Team,

I've been playing rift and loving it for the past year, and looking forward and very excited for the next expansion.

But this intermittent disconnection, random kick, huge spike lags happens very often now that most people avoiding raids, pvp. Makes the game a bit dull.

And you can see the server pop went down as well if you noticed.

So please do something.

-Maguire
    -Wolfsbane
    We live in a cynical world.

Ascendant

*******s are flooding Trion with random data clogging up the servers. DDoS is a *****.

If a million squirrels desend upon your house, exactly what are you going to do about it?
    Burst before or after Rift implosion, never both.

Quote Originally Posted by Repster View Post
    *******s are flooding Trion with random data clogging up the servers. DDoS is a *****.

If a million squirrels desend upon your house, exactly what are you going to do about it?
    It happens almost everyday.

Answering your question.. After a while. Im putting up steel fences and charge it with electro-rods.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maguire View Post
    It happens almost everyday.

Answering your question.. After a while. Im putting up steel fences and charge it with electro-rods.
    These are planar earth squirrels with nuts of granite. An itty bitty electric shock aint gonna hurt them

Lag DC lag DC lag DC and on and on until I finally gave up. This on Hailol, and apparently it was server wide. Get it together Trion.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Rift Disciple

Sorry but the DDoS card is one that gaming companies play too often for my taste.
    It has shown that this way they can deflect the frustration from their players the easiest way when they experience difficulties of whatever nature.

Since these stability issues have been there on EU since the cluster merge for almost 2 months continuously for a lot of individuals I think they're just slacking hard and trying to cut costs at expense of their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    Lag DC lag DC lag DC and on and on until I finally gave up. This on Hailol, and apparently it was server wide. Get it together Trion.
    Sigh..

http://imgur.com/Mv3rNgX
    Last edited by Maguire; 09-13-2014 at 10:18 AM.

ArcheAge: queues, no founder items, all housing space gone
    Rift: NA shards lagging, EU shards and PTS rift shop bugged
    Glyph: hours of no possible log in and failure messages
    Live chat: 500+ in queue
    Trion: "We are investigating."

Good thing i have over 100 games in steam which run stable...

Edit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dUEwc6D8Ids

Last edited by Seshatar; 09-13-2014 at 10:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seshatar View Post
    ArcheAge: queues, no founder items, all housing space gone
    Rift: NA shards lagging, EU shards and PTS rift shop bugged
    Glyph: hours of no possible log in and failure messages
    Live chat: 500+ in queue
    Trion: "We are investigating."
    The hilarious thing is that it's not even F2P AA Launch yet. Queues in the hundreds for EU and the thousands already for NA. Tuesday's F2P Launch is going to be far, far worse.

I'm probably just going to take the week off with 3.0 Launch, if this is any indication of how fail the severs will be then.

RIFT @Riftgame 4m
    Hey folks - Wanted to be open with everyone: Yes this is a DDoS, and yes we're all over it. Stay tuned for updates.
    Looks like this is going to be a fun weekend.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 09-13-2014 at 10:48 AM.

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bron2daZ View Post
    Sorry but the DDoS card is one that gaming companies play too often for my taste.
    It has shown that this way they can deflect the frustration from their players the easiest way when they experience difficulties of whatever nature.

Since these stability issues have been there on EU since the cluster merge for almost 2 months continuously for a lot of individuals I think they're just slacking hard and trying to cut costs at expense of their customers.
    Unfortunately, this is an actual DDOS attack. This isn't some mumbo jumbo, hat trick, or some sort of black-smoke to cloud your view. Normally companies of all sorts try to keep mum regarding DDOS attacks. As going public about such, it just feeds the person doing it, just to keep the DDOS going. Some DDOS attacks for purely for extortion, "We'll stop the DDOS if you pay us XYZ money by ABC date/time".

If you want to watch the on going DDOS attack hitting Trion right now... please, do be my guest and install a linux distro of your choice (ubuntu being my preference), install mtr on it (apt-get install mtr), and in the console simply type in 'mtr forums.riftgame.com' without the single quotes. You will see that whoever these skiddys are, are hitting the edge-router before Trion's servers. This isn't maintenance, this isn't general capacity issues. It is quite honestly, a DDOS. The actual Rift and AA servers are perfectly fine, the router/gateway/firewall (be my guest on what you would like to call it these days) before said servers is being attacked.

As for proof, here it is. This is a mtr from my local ubuntu server here at the house and one from my server I have in Dallas, TX. If it was a hardware issue, you wouldn't be seeing such erratic behaviour. If it was a configuration issue, people would be getting hit and miss issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6067oly92...34.18.png?dl=0 - from home to forums.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1spkaul378...34.30.png?dl=0 - from server to forums.

See that second to last route? Yeah, whoever it is - is attacking that.
    --BC

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    These are planar earth squirrels with nuts of granite. An itty bitty electric shock aint gonna hurt them

Sunflowers with laser beams on their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Unfortunately, this is an actual DDOS attack. This isn't some mumbo jumbo, hat trick, or some sort of black-smoke to cloud your view. Normally companies of all sorts try to keep mum regarding DDOS attacks. As going public about such, it just feeds the person doing it, just to keep the DDOS going. Some DDOS attacks for purely for extortion, "We'll stop the DDOS if you pay us XYZ money by ABC date/time".

If you want to watch the on going DDOS attack hitting Trion right now... please, do be my guest and install a linux distro of your choice (ubuntu being my preference), install mtr on it (apt-get install mtr), and in the console simply type in 'mtr forums.riftgame.com' without the single quotes. You will see that whoever these skiddys are, are hitting the edge-router before Trion's servers. This isn't maintenance, this isn't general capacity issues. It is quite honestly, a DDOS. The actual Rift and AA servers are perfectly fine, the router/gateway/firewall (be my guest on what you would like to call it these days) before said servers is being attacked.

As for proof, here it is. This is a mtr from my local ubuntu server here at the house and one from my server I have in Dallas, TX. If it was a hardware issue, you wouldn't be seeing such erratic behaviour. If it was a configuration issue, people would be getting hit and miss issues.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/t6067oly92...34.18.png?dl=0 - from home to forums.
    https://www.dropbox.com/s/1spkaul378...34.30.png?dl=0 - from server to forums.

See that second to last route? Yeah, whoever it is - is attacking that.
    idk about technical stuff but..

Is this the result of DDoS too and not the server?

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Maguire View Post
    idk about technical stuff but..

Is this the result of DDoS too and not the server?

maybe some of the servers are down due to stress, thats why total player capacity has decreased?

if you dont know how computers work, you had BETTER NOT comment on technical issues. do you offer advice to the neurosurgeon when he is operating on someone's brain?

you computer illiterates should start giving proper respect to people who enable you to enjoy a game like RIFT, instead of whining all the time.

would you whine to your car mechanic or an engineer?

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoomgiver View Post
    maybe some of the servers are down due to stress, thats why total player capacity has decreased?

if you dont know how computers work, you had BETTER NOT comment on technical issues. do you offer advice to the neurosurgeon when he is operating on someone's brain?

you computer illiterates should start giving proper respect to people who enable you to enjoy a game like RIFT, instead of whining all the time.

would you whine to your car mechanic or an engineer?
    Stop being a tool, the guy was just asking a question.
    Dreezie

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast