Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Experience vials for 3.0

Ascendant

Default Experience vials for 3.0

Please don't make these grant the full effect for leveling to 65. If you must allow them, limit them heavily, i.e. 160% becomes 25-30%, 80% becomes 10-15%, etc.

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Please don't make these grant the full effect for leveling to 65. If you must allow them, limit them heavily, i.e. 160% becomes 25-30%, 80% becomes 10-15%, etc.
    From what i can tell 60-64 falls under the "current defeated content".

Leveling is boring. Keep the potions as is.

With the amount of people who found themselves utterly burned out after Storm Legion's leveling experience, I have no clue why that would be a good idea.

More importantly, why not tune quest experience somewhere in the middle? Not unfair to those who do not run the vials, not easy-mode for those running the vials. I do not see why five levels should take an absolute ton of time.

The other issue with nerfing these vials is the fact people have directly paid money for them. I'm sure it is in the terms of service that Trion can do anything they want to the service because it is their game, but it certainly would create a huge backlash probably even larger than the recent "p2w" screamers.
    Last edited by Techie Will; 09-04-2014 at 07:15 PM.

Please no?
    Those that can, do. Those that can't, write guides on the forums.
    Quote Originally Posted by TrionBrasse View Post
    In all seriousness, we don't expect everyone to still be playing SFP

retroactively changing the effects of consumables purchased with credits isn't something i can ever see happening
    starplatinum@greybriar
    bluebarbie@greybriar
    twitch
    youtubes

Ascendant

With 160% bonus you're probably getting to 65 4-5x faster than the original time spent getting from 50-60.

The whole idea of skipping content especially when it's interesting new areas (supposedly) is really bizarre. I don't know why you want to encourage people to do so.

edit: also, Trion never implied the vials would be used for leveling in future expansions. For example, the experience vials for 2.0 leveling were nerfed to something like 10% if I recall correctly. There is no problem here and anyone claiming they would get sued is just hilarious.
    Last edited by Ahov; 09-04-2014 at 08:40 PM.

Ascendant

I'm actually with Ahov here. And keep in mind this is Ahov talking, raider extraordinaire . But honestly people need to stop a bit, take a breath and enjoy the new content, not rocket through it in 2 days. You are only cheating yourself by doing that.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

With 160% bonus you're probably getting to 65 4-5x faster than the original time spent getting from 50-60.

The whole idea of skipping content especially when it's interesting new areas (supposedly) is really bizarre. I don't know why you want to encourage people to do so.

edit: also, Trion never implied the vials would be used for leveling in future expansions. For example, the experience vials for 2.0 leveling were nerfed to something like 10% if I recall correctly. There is no problem here and anyone claiming they would get sued is just hilarious.
    I dunno, the veteran's vials were something that was a bonus for doing something everyone was forced to do: subscribe. No one paid money directly for them alone.

Regardless of whether or not Trion should reduce their effectiveness in NT there will be a backlash if they do it. Especially if they do it to Patron bonuses.

As for the argument that people should slow down and enjoy the content. That's the individual's decision to make whether or not they want to spend time and enjoy leveling.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    I dunno, the veteran's vials were something that was a bonus for doing something everyone was forced to do: subscribe. No one paid money directly for them alone.

Regardless of whether or not Trion should reduce their effectiveness in NT there will be a backlash if they do it. Especially if they do it to Patron bonuses.

As for the argument that people should slow down and enjoy the content. That's the individual's decision to make whether or not they want to spend time and enjoy leveling.
    Players who want to be competitive in 3.0 are forced to speed through the content as quickly as possible. That shouldn't be an option for new zones which are released every couple of YEARS.
    Last edited by Ahov; 09-04-2014 at 08:50 PM.

Players who want to be competitive in 3.0 are forced to speed through the content as quickly as possible. That shouldn't be an option for new zones which are released every couple of YEARS.
    That may be, but I know that you know these forums, and that means you should know that that argument won't work when people come to complain if they end up removing them. No matter how sound of an argument it is. All I was saying in my post was that there will be backlash; not whether they should or shouldn't do it.

I'm personally going to take my time. I'm not even a Patron, so I have no bonuses.

Trion never implied the vials would be used for leveling in future expansions. For example, the experience vials for 2.0 leveling were nerfed to something like 10% if I recall correctly. There is no problem here and anyone claiming they would get sued is just hilarious.
    The veteran vials that were nerfed were freebies given to subscribers, so Trion had the right to modify the terms on them.

The cash shop vials, however, are sold with specific gain percentages, and since they are paid for with real cash, Trion is obligated to honor the terms under which they were marketed and sold.

Anyone who fails to understand that concept should keep their legal opinions to themselves.
    Last edited by Kittyhawke; 09-04-2014 at 09:41 PM.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    The veteran vials that were nerfed were freebies given to subscribers, so Trion had the right to modify the terms on them.

The cash shop vials, however, are sold with specific gain percentages, and since they are paid for with real cash, Trion is obligated to honor the terms under which they were marketed and sold.

Anyone who fails to understand that concept should keep their legal opinions to themselves.
    You are basically implying they can never change any cash shop items, ever. If you read patch notes you would realize this has happened plenty of times before.

You are basically implying they can never change any cash shop items, ever. If you read patch notes you would realize this has happened plenty of times before.
    Can you give me an example?

Selling someone an item, then changing that item after money has changed hands is deceptive marketing. It was marketed as one thing, and Trion is obligated to deliver that product as it was described at the time of sale. Those terms can't be changed without the express consent of BOTH parties involved.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast