Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Like Tree190Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Experience vials for 3.0

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    I never said I would refuse to pot just to prove a point; my priority is still world-first raiding. That doesn't mean I can't be upset with the fact that I'm forced to skip content in order to be competitive.

I really don't see why this concept is hard to grasp.
    You dont have to skip content, you can pot thru all leveling on your w/e class you gonna main for 3.0 and go raid stuff, level a 2nd alt and go thru the content slowly without pots, hell you can even turn off patron bonus if you want... and enjoy the scenery... why qq about pots?

I mean even if you guys raid your usual 20 hour raid week you still have 148 hours that you are not raiding...

Last edited by WarUltima; 09-05-2014 at 05:44 AM.

Rift Disciple

I never said I would refuse to pot just to prove a point; my priority is still world-first raiding. That doesn't mean I can't be upset with the fact that I'm forced to skip content in order to be competitive.

I understand your point of view on this. First and foremost you are into competitive raiding but you would also like to experience the expansion in a way the you get to quest and adventure without the rush. That is perfectly understandably.
    A few things that you don't understand though. There is no way to make it even across the board other than maybe not opening up end game for a month or two until after release.
    Trion probably makes a ton of money off of the vials. So nerfing them would hurt their pocket books directly. Why buy them if you don't get enough boost?
    Also what about the person that goes to log in and the game bugs out. Should everyone have to wait until their problem is fixed before leveling?
    Or the person that just started a new job with no vacation built up. They are at definite disadvantage to the people that will play for hours and days on end at release. How do you make it fair for that person?
    There are just so many scenarios in this situation that it is almost impossible to expect Trion to try and fix.
    Am not trying to be a smartass here just pointing out different views.

But good luck.

Champion

In any situation where you desire to be "first" or "best" (even outside video games) sacrifices must be made to get there. That's what it means to be competitive. Sounds like skipping some content on your main is your sacrifice if you choose to pursue world-first raid kills.

Working as intended.

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    This is NOT true. Adding a disclaimer sentence in the Terms of Service does not automatically make it legally valid. Countless companies get sued every day over contractual disputes, and many lose regardless of vaguely worded disclaimers such as referenced above.
    You don't understand. This is treated as a service in the legal sense which is litigated based on different sets of precedent than consumer protection for products. Trion can arbitrarily alter their service and no one will have a case to litigate them.

It's doubtful they will because of the consumer backlash but they have every legal ability to change the terms of their service because all elements of the contract that we all agreed too designates them those rights as a service.

Get law rekt brah.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #50
    Rift Team

We have no plans currently to change how the vials function.

~Daglar

Plane Touched

You're not forced to skip anything. You can still do all the content at 65.

This seems like a non-issue.

Shadowlander

Please don't make these grant the full effect for leveling to 65. If you must allow them, limit them heavily, i.e. 160% becomes 25-30%, 80% becomes 10-15%, etc.
    I couldnt disagree more, as I am completely against the instant level 60 vial, I think XP boosts are well balanced.

Any plans for more PA as I'm sure there is more than 1% of the player base there now?

Given the xp vials being used would make sense
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Ascendant

In storm legion, without boosts, I ended up leveling almost exclusively on brevane to hit 60. You'll skip content with or without exp bonuses, what's the big deal?

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #55
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Any plans for more PA as I'm sure there is more than 1% of the player base there now?

Given the xp vials being used would make sense
    Some time after 3.0 we'll likely extend this. We actually have to do some code changes to allow the number to go up further - and then there is all the work the class guys have to do to expand it.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Aveleys View Post
    It's too bad your clueless and couldn't comprehend the legal analysis I provided. I'm not advocating they change their service I was responding to someone saying it could be litigated, which it can't.

Obviously changing it arbitrarily would be idiotic so it's no surprise daglar said they would not.
    Oh, I'm not clueless, and I know law quite well, but you going on and on about this only to have Daglar slap down the entire thread seemed too good to me to pass up with this flippant comment.

Trion Worlds TOS, article seven. There's all the answers to everyone's concerns, though Daglar overruled it to appease people. Yay for awesome leads.
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Some time after 3.0 we'll likely extend this. We actually have to do some code changes to allow the number to go up further - and then there is all the work the class guys have to do to expand it.

~Daglar
    Is it possible to see some scaling in the trees? Like at 65 the passive stat bonuses double or something along those lines? As gear and base stats creep the PA trees slowly mean less and less, and I'm not sure adding another tier with even more massive bonuses would be as "new and veteran player" friendly as simply making all of the points mean more.

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    it will be nice addition to PA in the future to add some fluff items as a reward (pets,wardrobes)

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    I'm actually with Ahov here. And keep in mind this is Ahov talking, raider extraordinaire . But honestly people need to stop a bit, take a breath and enjoy the new content, not rocket through it in 2 days. You are only cheating yourself by doing that.
    Eh, I want my 60 to 65 ASAP so she can do dailies and fund the alt-sisters. I'll run the rest of them through "normally".
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Ascendant

Aww Daglar disagrees. Good stuff.

I mean of course Trion has the right to change the vial to **** with their paying customers... but why would they do that?
    Last edited by WarUltima; 09-05-2014 at 05:24 PM.

Closed Thread
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast