Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 49
Like Tree57Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Annoyed at the number of P2W posts since the conversion, my thoughts.

  1. #31
    Rift Master Rarz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    675

    Default

    There's not really any reason to go ballistic over this. Trion is a business and will twist (or break) whatever promises they make as far as they can get away with in order to generate revenue. We all know this and this will not change. It is one of the aspects of going from subscription to f2p.

    It doesn't matter how you sugarcoat is, or what 'side' of the discussion you think you are on. Just ignore it, remember that you're dealing with a company and enjoy the game while you can. Nothing lasts forever and in due time we all move on to other games.

  2. #32
    Champion R3db4ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    584

    Default

    If you look at the Situation without looking in the near Future, yes its P2W.

    BUT there is nothing to "win" anymore, or at least not for a long run/till 3.0

    Now i dont support the decision to release the packs/gear that early, but i def. wont even bother and light my torch on that(now). As soon as this way of pushing buyable gear early is the norm, im gone.
    The way they do it now (or till the NT packs ^^) imo is near the line but its ok, was allways more P2catchup then win.(PvE at least, i def. wont support PvP lockboxes in 3.0)

    Or in other words, some ppl should relax a bit more, in a few weeks nothing about that matters anymore, save your energy for 3.0, im sure we will have enough stupid stuff in 3.0 where we can start some riots about
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    This game is not and never will be balanced for 1 vs 1.
    ~Daglar

  3. #33
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WGButler View Post
    1) It's trivial because this is a VIDEO GAME. At the end of the day it doesn't matter how successful you are in this game. You won't make any extra money, you won't get a good job, you won't get a girlfriend, and you won't have better health, what happens in this imaginary virtual world has ZERO impact on real life.

    2) It's trivial because if some rich guy guys T3 gear it has no effect on how you enjoy the game. You are still free to do everything you could do before. You are probably still the better player because you are likely much more familiar with the encounters. But now that some other dude gets to see that content you are worked up. This makes no logical sense, unless you derive your self-esteem from obtaining imaginary items in a virtual world, which would be quite pathetic.

    3) It's trivial because this is only for a month and then that gear is obsolete. If anyone should be ticked off about this, it should be the people who shell out the money for the $150 edition and then buy Raid pieces from the cash shop. Hundreds of dollars spent on something that will be obsolete in 5 weeks. Now THAT is something to be angry about. If I spent that kind of money I would insist on the gear being top notch in the expansion raids, not just the current raids. The guys who do this are the ones getting the shaft, not you.
    "I really am having a great time with this game. Everything feels fresh and new. They have done an amazing job with it, and I'd like to see them succeed and for Rift to be around for several more years, which is one of the reasons I wrote my review."

    From your thread "review of a 9 year wow veteran" (lol). Bit of a hypocrite aren't we.

  4. #34
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by R3db4ss View Post
    As soon as this way of pushing buyable gear early is the norm, im gone.
    It just became the norm.

    Daglar said if you don't like this decision leave.
    Last edited by user7; 09-04-2014 at 07:59 AM.

  5. #35
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    1,266

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Rarz View Post
    There's not really any reason to go ballistic over this. Trion is a business and will twist (or break) whatever promises they make as far as they can get away with in order to generate revenue. We all know this and this will not change. It is one of the aspects of going from subscription to f2p.

    It doesn't matter how you sugarcoat is, or what 'side' of the discussion you think you are on. Just ignore it, remember that you're dealing with a company and enjoy the game while you can. Nothing lasts forever and in due time we all move on to other games.
    This , we've all seen companies who do far worse to their customers. How easy it is to forget how dirty the Banks played in 2008-2009. There's plenty of unethical companies out there and Trion doesn't even scratch the surface with this.

  6. #36
    Plane Walker badradical's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    483

    Default

    one more person buying gear is one less person rolling need on the gear i need. i can get the same gear for 100% less than what they're paying, so who's really winning?

  7. #37
    Rift Disciple Cyng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snap View Post
    This is just a pathetic use of world problems to try to back up your argument that this is only a game. Stop using completely unrelated topics to justify something.

    And I'm sorry, but this is more than just a game. It's called caring for what you love.
    I care about my family and friends because I love them.
    I love this game so I care about it. I want it to suceed, I want it to be the best possible, not only for me but for everyone. I want Trion to be successful and I want this game to be the best MMORPG on the market.
    Because I love this game. But when the ones I love lie to me, disrespect me and refuse to be honest with me as to why they lied to me... how can you blame me or anyone for being upset?

    So why are you and people like you still here. If it upsets you so much then leave. Just don't let the door hit ya where the maker split ya. No one will give a 2 cents whether you stay or leave at this point so do us all a favor and just pull the plug. Enjoy whatever game you decide meets your expectations and get on with your life.

  8. #38
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyng View Post
    So why are you and people like you still here. If it upsets you so much then leave. Just don't let the door hit ya where the maker split ya. No one will give a 2 cents whether you stay or leave at this point so do us all a favor and just pull the plug. Enjoy whatever game you decide meets your expectations and get on with your life.
    will quote this next time you bring up lack of rogue changes
    Last edited by user7; 09-04-2014 at 08:09 AM.

  9. #39
    Rift Master Pope Zaphod's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    649

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by user7 View Post
    except t3 gear will get you to 65 and a bit beyond, so this t3.5 should get u a bit beyond that again, most likely into experts if not close. If you can't understand why the hardcore raiders (or anyone else for that matter) that now have to fork out 150 to keep up with the rest of the competition are pissed, then sorry can't help you.
    Competition? For what? Bragging rights to say, "Hey, I killed the Big Bad Boss first! My meaningless life is now justified! Go, me!" If someone's self-worth is based solely on beating themepark MMO content before anyone else, then sorry can't help them. Maybe try some Zoloft.
    Processor: Intel i5 2500K @ 3.3Ghz
    Memory: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB DDR3
    Graphics: EVGA Geforce GTX 560Ti 1GB
    OS Drive: SAMSUNG 840 Pro Series 256GB SATA III SSD (Win 7 Pro 64-bit)
    Motherboard: ASUS P8Z68-V LX

  10. #40
    Ascendant Snap's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    3,254

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyng View Post
    So why are you and people like you still here. If it upsets you so much then leave. Just don't let the door hit ya where the maker split ya. No one will give a 2 cents whether you stay or leave at this point so do us all a favor and just pull the plug. Enjoy whatever game you decide meets your expectations and get on with your life.
    There would be more people caring if I leave the game than people who care about your opinion.

    Get lost if you have nothing productive to say.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

  11. #41
    Rift Disciple Cyng's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    138

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by user7 View Post
    will quote this next time you bring up lack of rogue changes
    Please do, because God knows, you have seen me posting constantly my threat to leave because of those "lack of rogue changes. NOT....

  12. #42
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyng View Post
    So why are you and people like you still here. If it upsets you so much then leave. Just don't let the door hit ya where the maker split ya. No one will give a 2 cents whether you stay or leave at this point so do us all a favor and just pull the plug. Enjoy whatever game you decide meets your expectations and get on with your life.
    This. There are tons of other MMOs to pick. Might I even suggest something away from the computer screen? Pickup basketball, volleyball, ice hockey, and chess are all much better ways to spend your time.

  13. #43
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Some people seem to forget if it wasn't for the "casuals" as the 'l33t, pros' like to point out, buying Collectors Editions and stuff, Rift could be shut down. You think all the Devs, designers, art team et al do this from the goodness of their heart? "here guys, we worked so hard doing this, what, you want to give us some money by buying fluff items and supporting the game? no no no, this is all free, we worked for free"

    Some people need to wake up and be glad other people are spending money to finance their freeloading playstyle, so what if Jimmy Credit card has 5 weeks of feeling "imba", it's not like he's going to buy an Ultimate CE for 19 of his Guildies and they all upgrade one piece of gear and are suddenly clearing all 4 BoBs
    Yes we get that a business needs to make money, not sure how they wouldn't be with the price of their free to play games and that people spend money on them one way or another.

  14. #44
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by user7 View Post
    "I really am having a great time with this game. Everything feels fresh and new. They have done an amazing job with it, and I'd like to see them succeed and for Rift to be around for several more years, which is one of the reasons I wrote my review."

    From your thread "review of a 9 year wow veteran" (lol). Bit of a hypocrite aren't we.
    Please point out what I said that was hypocritical.

  15. #45
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    41

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WGButler View Post
    This. There are tons of other MMOs to pick. Might I even suggest something away from the computer screen? Pickup basketball, volleyball, ice hockey, and chess are all much better ways to spend your time.
    Why do you care if he/she stays or goes. Or whether or not a customer has complaints for a company you don't work for? This game is just trivial remember?

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts