+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Not to be that guy.. but seriously? instant lvl 60?

Shadowlander

Default Not to be that guy.. but seriously? instant lvl 60?

So im sure im one of hundreds who are already whining about this on the forums but I was so irritated I didn't even take the time to sift though. But anyway I was searching through the rift website being a bit of a fanboy looking forward to the new life of rift and came across a handful of disappointments, this being one:

“Instant 60”

Boost one character to Level 60 with a swig of this powerful draught! It comes complete with gear to begin your quests in the Plane of Water and is even tradable to other characters - but be careful, it only works once!

I know, I see people complaining more about the gear and everything that you can get with one of the vary expensive pre purchases or whatever they're calling these. But This one took the cake as what I see as the implosion of gaming. Why produce a game when you can shoot through it with one transaction of the credit card? Excuse me I'm not wetting myself with money at the moment but as a long term Rift gamer I find it very insulting that someone new can pick up this game barrow they're mothers credit card and do what took me weeks in moments. Why produce a game when you can render 90% of the content useless? I see this as a week business ploy to pressure Game enthusiast such as myself into paying money like this. Rift I love you but this is turning into something i'm not sure I want to see the end of. Please don't make this into yet another pay to win, its embarrassing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hrathgar View Post
    So im sure im one of hundreds who are already whining about this on the forums but I was so irritated I didn't even take the time to sift though. But anyway I was searching through the rift website being a bit of a fanboy looking forward to the new life of rift and came across a handful of disappointments, this being one:

“Instant 60”

Boost one character to Level 60 with a swig of this powerful draught! It comes complete with gear to begin your quests in the Plane of Water and is even tradable to other characters - but be careful, it only works once!

I know, I see people complaining more about the gear and everything that you can get with one of the vary expensive pre purchases or whatever they're calling these. But This one took the cake as what I see as the implosion of gaming. Why produce a game when you can shoot through it with one transaction of the credit card? Excuse me I'm not wetting myself with money at the moment but as a long term Rift gamer I find it very insulting that someone new can pick up this game barrow they're mothers credit card and do what took me weeks in moments. Why produce a game when you can render 90% of the content useless? I see this as a week business ploy to pressure Game enthusiast such as myself into paying money like this. Rift I love you but this is turning into something i'm not sure I want to see the end of. Please don't make this into yet another pay to win, its embarrassing.
    World of Warcraft offers instant 90. I guess its an industry standard now, are you really surprised?

Quote Originally Posted by Visionmaker View Post
    World of Warcraft offers instant 90. I guess its an industry standard now, are you really surprised?
    Eh, this seems to be one 60 per account. In wow, it's however many you can afford.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Soulwalker

You have no Idea how I feel right now.. I will start by explaining how I got here in Rift. I was always hearing mixed things about the game. About how bad Trion treated customers. How poorly the game has been run on the PR side of things.

Last month I dropped $150.00 to get into the Archeage Beta.. After reaching max level in 4 days and see exactly how BAD that game is. Because of how "Cheap" everything looks and feels in the game. It just felt like a cheaply made Asian style MMO... "And it is so why was I shocked eh"?

Anyways I was on the looking out for my "This Winter Weather" game and was thinking RIFT would be it. Well I have fallen in love with the game! I was able to hit lvl 60 in about a week. Worked my butt off to get there and have just begun to explore all the great things about the game. I liked it because you had to WORK to earn things in this game.. There is a REASON WHY W0W is losing players and it is because of how EASY they are making that game. There are so many player that I personally know to have left because of the welfare gear handout system..

Now here I come into the game today and see that 10 LONG term rift player/supporters Guild members are leaving the game because of some update I came here to find out that this game is going FULL ON PTW... Yeah I must say I will be looking for my MMO fix somewhere else I guess.. Hell even GW2 is still PTP and you must WORK TO GET YOUR ITEMS!..
    I know ESO is in horrible shape right now but at least with Subscription fee system we do not have to worry about being blind sided by LIE's and false hopes from the DEV team..

Thank you for the trial run.......... Peace..

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by HydroSmurf View Post
    You have no Idea how I feel right now.. I will start by explaining how I got here in Rift. I was always hearing mixed things about the game. About how bad Trion treated customers. How poorly the game has been run on the PR side of things.

Last month I dropped $150.00 to get into the Archeage Beta.. After reaching max level in 4 days and see exactly how BAD that game is. Because of how "Cheap" everything looks and feels in the game. It just felt like a cheaply made Asian style MMO... "And it is so why was I shocked eh"?

Anyways I was on the looking out for my "This Winter Weather" game and was thinking RIFT would be it. Well I have fallen in love with the game! I was able to hit lvl 60 in about a week. Worked my butt off to get there and have just begun to explore all the great things about the game. I liked it because you had to WORK to earn things in this game.. There is a REASON WHY W0W is losing players and it is because of how EASY they are making that game. There are so many player that I personally know to have left because of the welfare gear handout system..

Now here I come into the game today and see that 10 LONG term rift player/supporters Guild members are leaving the game because of some update I came here to find out that this game is going FULL ON PTW... Yeah I must say I will be looking for my MMO fix somewhere else I guess.. Hell even GW2 is still PTP and you must WORK TO GET YOUR ITEMS!..
    I know ESO is in horrible shape right now but at least with Subscription fee system we do not have to worry about being blind sided by LIE's and false hopes from the DEV team..

ArcheAge wasn't made by Trion, they only publish it. It's already been a game in asian countries for over a year now I think and Trion brought it to English speaking audiences.

Also, I think the only MMO left that doesn't even have a cash shop is FFXIV which is also subscription based game. Might want to look into that, I've heard it's really good but can't bring myself to go for another $15/mo sub game. Personally I think MMO's could very easily only charge $5 a month for full equal access between all players without the need for cash shops. I find it hard to believe that server costs haven't fallen since the inception of MMO's with subscription fees that have been around since like 2004 and also charged $15/mo back then >.<

GW2 is not P2P.

Insta-60 is not F2W. You don't win anything by hitting 60, except the ability to skip old outdated content that no longer applies.

There is nothing about an MMO being sub based that makes it immune from false promises and deception by the devs.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    GW2 is not P2P.

Insta-60 is not F2W. You don't win anything by hitting 60, except the ability to skip old outdated content that no longer applies.

There is nothing about an MMO being sub based that makes it immune from false promises and deception by the devs.
    Honestly GW2 is PTP.. You pay for the game itself.. It is a great game and everything guess I will just be playing that..

BTW you do know that they are getting gear with those 60's right.. Also those insta 60's will also be getting all of those Accelerators so yeah.. They are getting the gear also.. And there will be no reason for anyone to want to GRIND for gear anymore.. Yeah I know I know.. you could just not pay for it and try to get it yourself, but at the end of the day if we are both standing there with the exact same gear on and I bought mine and you farmed yours.. Would you want a cookie or what?
    Last edited by HydroSmurf; 09-03-2014 at 07:03 PM.

Default I have no issue with instant level 60, BUT...

I have zero issue with an instant level 60 - I think I've even asked for it as an item on the cash store. The leveling experience while solo from 1~60 is pretty bland the 2nd time. It's generic, dull and I'd rather just pay the kid next door to do it.

Warcraft did it because the sheer grind / wall would drive many new prospective customers away. EverQuest did a promotional event of this too as well as TERA giving away boosted characters for celebrations and events - it's nothing new and I think it's a great idea to bring people back and get them playing ASAP together.

"Log on this weekend and get a free level 60" weekend type thing would be awesome for growing Rift's playerbase" - Pay 2 Win does not even enter into this situation.

I also have no issue with BiS items included in the offer apparently. I don't care if you can buy T2 in the game - in fact, I would welcome a lower price for it than the obscene amount now.

I also don't care if you can friggin' buy T3 off the store - as long as you can get a same stat item "in-game" - I would prefer it to be bland and clearly marked as "purchased" / identified with a different colour (maybe "red" gear or "pink" instead of purple) - it would be good to wait till a few months and a few guilds have cleared it, however.

I would however, in this situation, recommend that anyone in the raid wearing "purchased" items of high power have this noted on the whole raid in the achievement as "gear boosted" for the whole raid.

I do, however, have a major issue with an item that is exclusively available from the cash store and not in-game - that is sadly, the definition of Pay to Win.

I also don't know why Trion couldn't have just waited 5 weeks because now every video I did saying the game is not Pay 2 Win is going to be latched onto by the disgruntled players and they now have validation for doing this - however small and petty.

I'm a casual player (very casual) and just like the shiny stuff, but this game has a very competitive raid community and this is not a favourable situation.

If you want to help people to clear raid content before the expansion is over?
    Put button at the beginning of the raid with a 5%, 10%, 15%, 20%, 30% character power buff (with an option to switch off) like WoW did in WotLK and make it NOTED on the achievement at what level the raid boss was first completed.

As for Daglar "going back on his word", in my opinion, it's just a case of "never say never" - it's just bad timing - that's all. Heck, maybe someone even went over his head - who knows? Still, it gives the people who want to run the game down as being P2W a real example of this now - regardless of how close the expansion is.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. The timing of this was stupid - should have waited 5 weeks, in my opinion.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 09-03-2014 at 07:13 PM.

Honestly GW2 is PTP.. You pay for the game itself.. It is a great game and everything guess I will just be playing that..

BTW you do know that they are getting gear with those 60's right.. Also those insta 60's will also be getting all of those Accelerators so yeah.. They are getting the gear also.. And there will be no reason for anyone to want to GRIND for gear anymore.. Yeah I know I know.. you could just not pay for it and try to get it yourself, but at the end of the day if we are both standing there with the exact same gear on and I bought mine and you farmed yours.. Would you want a cookie or what?
    GW2 is B2P (Buy to Play) P2P is a term synonymous with subscription in MMOs.

Yes, they're getting gear that will be replaced by questing greens on their way to 65. It's basically to make them not useless at 60, so that they don't hit a dead end with a useless character. They may be getting accelerators, but who says they're getting gear that uses the accelerators. I can also guarantee you that the amount of accelerators they get will not be enough to sustain them so long that they never have to grind for more.

If we were both standing there at the end of the day at level 65 with BiS raid gear, and you bought yours and I farmed mine, I would be upset. That's not what's happening though. We'll both be standing there at 65 with whatever we ended questing with.

All this is doing is letting them skip the 1-60 journey, and start the 60-65 journey with gear suitable for it. You can be upset if you want, I totally understand, and it's valid. But it's not P2W. They're not getting any advantage over you for content that matters. If Trion sold a set of the old T1 raid gear from 1.0, would you be upset?

Shadowlander

Default The epidemy of gaming

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Eh, this seems to be one 60 per account. In wow, it's however many you can afford.
    Its just sad to see a game I become so attached to fall into the same rut. As a developer you create content, your in a scene an entertainer, why would you make a one way pass through the base of your game? A tv show wouldn't make one episode summery of the past three years of their show.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    GW2 is B2P (Buy to Play) P2P is a term synonymous with subscription in MMOs.

Yes, they're getting gear that will be replaced by questing greens on their way to 65. It's basically to make them not useless at 60, so that they don't hit a dead end with a useless character. They may be getting accelerators, but who says they're getting gear that uses the accelerators. I can also guarantee you that the amount of accelerators they get will not be enough to sustain them so long that they never have to grind for more.

If we were both standing there at the end of the day at level 65 with BiS raid gear, and you bought yours and I farmed mine, I would be upset. That's not what's happening though. We'll both be standing there at 65 with whatever we ended questing with.

All this is doing is letting them skip the 1-60 journey, and start the 60-65 journey with gear suitable for it. You can be upset if you want, I totally understand, and it's valid. But it's not P2W. They're not getting any advantage over you for content that matters. If Trion sold a set of the old T1 raid gear from 1.0, would you be upset?

Xan.. In the thread earlier today "That is gone now" Deg. came out and basically said that the BIS gear WILL be available in the RFT store.. Am I wrong here? If so please point me to the post that this was made clear? As from talking to guild members they have all read the same info I have.. That after the release the BIS gear will be purchased in the store... Again if I am wrong here please point me in the right direction.

Telaran

Xan.. In the thread earlier today "That is gone now" Deg. came out and basically said that the BIS gear WILL be available in the RFT store.. Am I wrong here? If so please point me to the post that this was made clear? As from talking to guild members they have all read the same info I have.. That after the release the BIS gear will be purchased in the store... Again if I am wrong here please point me in the right direction.
    Because your getting the item 5 weeks in advance for 150$ instead of getting it now that's the problem derp. Basic I have to pay 150 for A vip access while those who cant get it get screwed, yes they will get those items when "3.0" is release but people are still doing end game content and actually trying to progress it to beat the game.

All this does is say get this to make the fight easier for 150$ purchase.... Instead of everyone can get it since hey who cares 3.0 is being release lets make everything easier for "EVERYBODY" not a vip thing.
    Last edited by Mythor; 09-03-2014 at 07:43 PM.

Meh, I'm not too worried about someone being able to instant level an alt to 60. Chances are they would have power leveled it anyway.

The fact that BiS gear is blocked by a paywall is the main issue.
    <Critical Hit>
    1/4 RoF 1/5 MS

Quote Originally Posted by WockyCC View Post

As for Daglar "going back on his word", in my opinion, it's just a case of "never say never" - it's just bad timing - that's all. Heck, maybe someone even went over his head - who knows? Still, it gives the people who want to run the game down as being P2W a real example of this now - regardless of how close the expansion is.

Never attribute to malice that which can be explained by stupidity. The timing of this was stupid - should have waited 5 weeks, in my opinion.
    It's an early access for CE buyers for a few weeks. Everyone will have access to them when 3.0 launches. Not a big deal I reckon.
    Last edited by Furyon13; 09-03-2014 at 07:45 PM.

Soulwalker

Also about the... "It is not that bad" The BIS gear and the Accelerators alone are going to do this..... There are 12 of them in the pack so .......

http://imgur.com/h92VpgU
    Last edited by HydroSmurf; 09-03-2014 at 07:54 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast