+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Not to be that guy.. but seriously? instant lvl 60?

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    It's an early access for CE buyers for a few weeks. Everyone will have access to them when 3.0 launches. Not a big deal I reckon.
    Still pay to win until 3.0 is released. Once everyone has access to it, it won't be BiS anymore.
    <Critical Hit>
    1/4 RoF 1/5 MS

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by HydroSmurf View Post
    Also about the... "It is not that bad" The BIS gear and the Accelerators alone are going to do this..... There are 12 of them in the pack so .......

http://imgur.com/h92VpgU
    Now show the bis dream orbs with the t3 gear lol.

I personally don't mind the Level 60 consume. Max level when 3.0 hits will be 65. Players don't gain all that much experience outside of the basics when they level to max level. It's not like they became experts whilst leveling up. Most just press a few damage buttons, hit a heal when they are getting hurt. That's about it.

Hell, my Rogue and Warrior alts are nearly 60 and I leveled them almost purely from Promo Week Quest Dailies (like riding budgies, using that quest ability on a player you're dueling, doing one IA chain/etc).

The main issues for someone having that Level 60 consume as a brand new player would be that they won't know very basic stuff like certain hotkeys - but that's easily solved with a quick Q&A in their guild.

As for those BiS items that the topic has deviated a little into, I'll just link my thoughts on it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    I personally don't mind the Level 60 consume. Max level when 3.0 hits will be 65. Players don't gain all that much experience outside of the basics when they level to max level. It's not like they became experts whilst leveling up. Most just press a few damage buttons, hit a heal when they are getting hurt. That's about it.

Hell, my Rogue and Warrior alts are nearly 60 and I leveled them almost purely from Promo Week Quest Dailies (like riding budgies, using that quest ability on a player you're dueling, doing one IA chain/etc).

The main issues for someone having that Level 60 consume as a brand new player would be that they won't know very basic stuff like certain hotkeys - but that's easily solved with a quick Q&A in their guild.

As for those BiS items that the topic has deviated a little into, I'll just link my thoughts on it.
    Well said..

Also as a new player I will say that after reading Deglar's and I do not know the exact wording here so I will put it like it sounds to new players.

. " Everything has been ran folk's.. The game is stale as hell pre60.. No reason to even play the game unless you are 60 so we are going to add a button to get you there.... Oh BTW we will throw you some BIS gear in there also"

I mean WUT......

I understand the reasoning there for older players.. Make the $@#* Insta 60 only useable by accounts that already have a lvl 60 character! There is NO reason for them to do this besides a money grab plain and simple..

Rift Disciple

BTW you do know that they are getting gear with those 60's right.. Also those insta 60's will also be getting all of those Accelerators so yeah.. *snip snip* at the end of the day if we are both standing there with the exact same gear on and I bought mine and you farmed yours.. Would you want a cookie or what?
    You can buy gear for level 60's, as it is. Its been on the Store for awhile - entry level raiding gear, at that (T1 / T2, I believe).

It isn't a big deal, and it isn't the end of the world - or of Rift.

The gear that they are going to be giving these upgraded level 60 characters is not going to be on par to the gear that a level 65 character is going to have. It is going to, probably, be sufficient to get them questing and leveling, and maybe do the first couple of new dungeons, but that is about it. This has been how its been for all of the previous games that have done something like this - and so far, Trion has proven savvy enough to not do things too differently.

As for the token itself? Its not even all that useful to most current players - but did you notice the description? "Boost one character to Level 60 with a swig of this powerful draught! It comes complete with gear to begin your quests in the Plane of Water and is even tradable to other characters - but be careful, it only works once!"

Tradable to other characters. These will end up on the AH, or given away, if that means what it looks like. I know I'll end up giving mine away (I'm buying the Infusion Edition - I just want the Aquatic Dimension Pack, gear slots and Bank Vault slot).
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

Rift Disciple

I hate the post time out:

Edit: Also, the Insta Level 60 item is 50$USD, not 150$USD. It comes with the Infusion pack, and also with the Ultimate Nightmare pack. UN pack just adds more Accelerators.
    Imri <Evolution> Defiant Mage Greybriar
    Dimension(s):
    Hermits Hollow on Greybriar
    Serene Villa on Greybriar

Champion of Telara

Also about the... "It is not that bad" The BIS gear and the Accelerators alone are going to do this..... There are 12 of them in the pack so .......

http://imgur.com/h92VpgU

Currently you only get 6 accelerators with the $150 pack. The other 6 are for different gear and are not available now.
    6 Void Source Accelerators - available immediately!
    6 Abyssal Crusader's Accelerators
    The $50 pack is only 2 of them. It takes 6 void source Accelerators to upgrade a single T2 item. So at worst you're going to have a very few raiders who get 1 item above T3 before Oct 8th. Personally I'd save these until I found out what they'll do to 3.0 gear.

Also the 60 vial will not come until 3.0 when the level CAP raises so even someone using this is not going to be max level.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Currently you only get 6 accelerators with the $150 pack. The other 6 are for different gear and are not available now.

The $50 pack is only 2 of them. It takes 6 void source Accelerators to upgrade a single T2 item. So at worst you're going to have a very few raiders who get 1 item above T3 before Oct 8th. Personally I'd save these until I found out what they'll do to 3.0 gear.

Also the 60 vial will not come until 3.0 when the level CAP raises so even someone using this is not going to be max level.
    And if you were smart you would use them for the helm and shoulders for dream orbs lol,

people are always saying that the game starts at max level, but are upset you get 1 level 60 boost? make up your minds!

personally, i haaate leveling and would boost to 60 in a second.

Ascendant

There is a REASON WHY W0W is losing players and it is because of how EASY they are making that game. There are so many player that I personally know to have left because of the welfare gear handout system..
    yea IKR? providing a way to catch up and gear your alts so you can raid with friends is terrible I don't know why blizzard would do such a thing /sarcasm

Trion does exactly the same thing except you have to pay cash instead of you know, playing the game.

WoW does have some very easy content but it also has very difficult content, your point is invalid
    there is nothing easy about heroic tier raid content. there is nothing easy about Kanrethad, the final boss of the warlock green fire quest. An instanced solo fight that will kick your *** from one end of Azeroth to the other unless you out gear it by A LOT. even then people struggle, It is a very difficult fight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Something these "boost to 60" threads keep missing is the fact that Mentoring Up is coming with 3.0, which will already have players "boosting" to 60 if they want to. Problem with that is they won't have the amount of abilities an actual level 60 would have. That'll probably end up being much more of a disadvantage than actually having the abilities and learning to use them on the fly. Sure they might not know the rotation or what all the abilities do, but one can probably stumble through some of the abilities easily enough.

I honestly think having the Boost to 60 option permanently in the store later on wouldn't break anything, especially if the Mentoring Up system proves to be used a lot.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Personally I'd save these until I found out what they'll do to 3.0 gear.
    You may should read the FAQ Only upgrade path are existing on t2 and t3 gear....so you could get gear that might be useful with 3.0. You also will be able to buy these with some in game currency after 3.0 launches.
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Personally, I like the single boost to level 60. I would've preferred it only be for those with at least one current level 60 (which wouldn't include me for another 5 levels), but I'm not upset to see it. I actually plan on getting the $50 pack for that and sit on it until I decide which toon I want to use it on.

There are only two paths you can level up on (defiant and guardian) and they both pass through many of the same zones. After a while, that gets boring and tedious and quite frankly, I'd like to be able to skip it at some point.

Plane Touched

I have two level 60's and 2 level 50's after leveling the two to 60 since i came back to the game no way would i level the two 50's they were not all that fun getting to 50 the insta 60 works for me i might actually take one of the 50's out of forced retirement(I just shudder at the thought of the grind again)

This works for me it might upset other people but it works for me.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Eh, this seems to be one 60 per account. In wow, it's however many you can afford.
    Give it time ...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast