+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Digital editions for Nightmare Tide are up!

Quote Originally Posted by Oddr View Post
    The only thing I wish they did add was at least 30 days patron time to the $150 bundle
    I think 1 month for the $50 pack and 3 months for the $150 pack seems fair.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

I log in today to see a guildie get a relic item that is more powerful than anything you can get currently.

It turns out he bought your rip-off expansion pack and got the item from that. This is PAY to WIN.

I have been here since day one, played the Alpha for 6 months plus, played all of the betas and brought over 100 people to this game and you have basically stuck your middle finger up to me and sold your soul to the devil.

I think it might be time for a fresh challenge......

If you are interested in joining Imperium view our Recruitment Info

Shadowlander

from ocho just now in response to my post:
    Quote Originally Posted by user7 View Post

except t3 gear will get you to 65 and a bit beyond, so this t3.5 should get u a bit beyond that again, most likely into experts if not close. If you can't understand why the hardcore raiders (or anyone else for that matter) that now have to fork out 150 to keep up with the rest of the competition are pissed, then sorry can't help you.

And yes it is only a game, until you have to fork over 150 for that and 80 for both souls and 20 for bag slots etc etc and then its an investment into entertainment medium that people get pissed about if things go wrong just like tv, movies etc etc /quote

Posted by Ocho
    You don't have to have any of that. Some of it is nice, I really wouldn't not want to have the bag slots for instance, but it's all optional. You don't need the souls, however you might want them because they allow you a slightly different playstyle. You don't need the gear, if you have the gear to be upgraded you're already ahead of the gearing curve and will be just fine heading into Nightmare Tide. It's a relatively small overall boost in stats.

Please sell me more optional items Ocho, do you really have no shame?

You still didn't answer my question;

How many guilds have actually cleared and have t3 on farm that make the current content "defeated" Mr.Ocho?
    Last edited by user7; 09-04-2014 at 08:45 AM.

Shadowlander

Ocho
    I also noticed you did not deny that the upgraded bought gear will take you into experts? Can you please confirm how far it will in fact take people into the expansion? The cat is out of the bag, people need some information.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #200

Quote Originally Posted by Petoffen View Post
    Lots of well written textl
    I get what you are saying, and you said it well. The argument I'm making is entirely different:

You are arguing about a technical violation of what we said previously. However this could be easily addressed; all we need to do is add an NPC that isn't killable in a practical sense and that drops "better" gear. Gear doesn't drop, and we're technically in compliance right? Hell, that means we could sell anything we want!

What we're trying to say is that we're maintaining the spirit of the statement, and that we continue to value that aspect. Yes, this gear is technically available for sale and may have the "best" stats for its slot. But this is an aberrant situation and is being done for a specific purpose. Once 3.0 launches, in a matter of a couple weeks, this situation returns to the status quo which we strongly believe in.

Ultimately time will prove the truth of this statement. We'll be here continuing to prove it to you. I hope you give us the chance to do so.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #201

Ocho
    I also noticed you did not deny that the upgraded bought gear will take you into experts? Can you please confirm how far it will in fact take people into the expansion? The cat is out of the bag, people need some information.
    I speculated that is the case. I haven't tried any experts yet (or equipped this gear), and tuning is still being done. How far it takes you is not yet finalized.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #202

Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

Well, if this is something that makes you not want to play RIFT any longer, I wish you the best in your future endeavors. There are many great choices out on the market - its a very competitive landscape which is really great for gamers. Of course, as RIFT is free to play, you can return at any time you like in the future, Telara will be here waiting for you.

We thought long and hard about pre-releasing the items that we did. I very much expected to see at least a few threads claiming that this is pay to win and yet another step on the slippery slope.

My thoughts are pretty straight forward on the matter: The expansion is weeks away. The raid tier has been defeated - the major race is over. While the only way to earn these items today is by purchasing a digital CE they are available by playing Nightmare Tide when it is released.

By allowing people to upgrade their existing gear early, we can further encourage people to keep playing the existing content for a bit longer - or in some cases - take an actual crack at it with slightly better gear than they had before.You may choose to disagree with my reasoning as is your right, but there it is.~Daglar

Should probably stop telling your customers to f off if they don't like something, it really isn't great business practice.
    The customer in question posted that they were quitting. Daglar did not tell them to "f off", he acknowledged their statement of intent.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by WGButler View Post
    If I were Trion I would make the following changes to the $150 edition:

$150 Edition A
    - Includes Dream Souls
    - Includes one extra insta-boost to 60

$150 Edition B
    - Includes 3 months Patron time
    - Includes one extra insta-boost to 60

That would be about right I would say.

I agree it would stop most of the endless debate about this.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Torvaldr View Post
    I can play a lot of games on Steam for what they want to charge for one game.
    This^

Do I want to buy +/- 5 different games on Steam or buy not even one game but just an expansion for $150?

Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    This^

Do I want to buy +/- 5 different games on Steam or buy not even one game but just an expansion for $150?
    Except that you're not buying the expansion. The expansion is free. You're buying a digital collector's edition.

Default a little suggestion

Probably already suggested, and even responded to, but as I don't post very often and always try to make balanced comments/posts here is where I think the packs are good, and bad, and some suggestions that will not cost TRION anything to implement in financial terms but that may have a significant impact to their future incoming finances from this and other expansions.

1. Trion have been setting a new standard in provision of content, shortness of overall downtime and general quality of their systems (note general terms here - this is not reflecting other peoples experience - only mine). it looks like this is set to continue with the sheer size and scope of the FREE expansion that comes on October 8th.

2. TRION have a pretty good history of interacting with their customer base at a grass roots level, and seem to want to continue this with each of their titles, both incorporating suggestions from players into their major titles and taking the time to explain why something can not be done when this is the case and it sounds like this has been at the core of some of the themes in the expansion, i.e. more everything!.

3. The Expansion packs are collectors editions, so have some incentives for people who like to own a "collectors edition", and although I am not convinced about some of the incentives included and don't wish to get drawn into the "gear set" argument, I do think that there are two things to consider for the expansion pack, and will outline these separately below.

A. The release of an expansion is an optimum time for the company to welcome in new players, to have old players come back to revisit the game, and to revitalise the game for the existing player base as well. It should provide benefits to each group of players and it looks like it does do this as it satisfies those three sets of criteria of "new and shiny and exciting" that everyone wants to have as an expansion.

Whilst a significant focus of the business case for the expansion is to attract that new business the risk is that the existing business feels forgotten, this should not be ignored and should be addressed.

Which leads me to point B.

B. The existing business are the people who have kept playing, either as patrons or otherwise, who have told their friends, who have encouraged others to take a look through various fora, who have stuck with the game through all its changes (whether good or bad).
    They are the people who have bought credits, patron status, used REX etc.

I think TRION could make a small change to each of these expansion packs that would not only keep these players very satisfied that their contribution has been noticed and welcomed, but that would encourage new players to come across from other titles in droves, and stay!

How to do that is entirely up to TRION, but perhaps allowing all existing players to gain the patron amount from the expansion as Daglar has already mentioned but perhaps also providing another incentive, for example an amount of credits to spend on the store commensurate with a percentage of the cost of the expansion? This would go a long way to satisfying those players who have stuck tooth and nail with the game so long, and who have ongoing patron status.

However, TRION could go further than even this, and in my experience this is what has always set them apart from the crowd, their ability to see that broader horizon, that ability to go the extra few leagues for their players.

TRION could also offer this additional bonus to anyone who buys the expansion before the date of go live - how much fun would it be for a brand new player to the game to log in that first time and have some credits to play with in the rift store and some patron loyalty right from the get go...would not need to be much, just a taste of things to come!

Well that's just a few thoughts from me, if they sound unrealistic or daft then please don't flame me, I always try to be relatively balanced.

Anyway, that's my tuppenceworth for now.
    Peace and happy hunting

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    I get what you are saying, and you said it well. The argument I'm making is entirely different:

You are arguing about a technical violation of what we said previously. However this could be easily addressed; all we need to do is add an NPC that isn't killable in a practical sense and that drops "better" gear. Gear doesn't drop, and we're technically in compliance right? Hell, that means we could sell anything we want!

What we're trying to say is that we're maintaining the spirit of the statement, and that we continue to value that aspect. Yes, this gear is technically available for sale and may have the "best" stats for its slot. But this is an aberrant situation and is being done for a specific purpose. Once 3.0 launches, in a matter of a couple weeks, this situation returns to the status quo which we strongly believe in.

Ultimately time will prove the truth of this statement. We'll be here continuing to prove it to you. I hope you give us the chance to do so.
    If you really wanted to help people gear up quickly for the expansion, you should have changed the way drops work on the BOB bosses. The thing holding my guild back in terms of progression is lack of DPS weapon drops. We've hit a brick wall in terms of progression due to this. Why not double the weapon drops and guarantee 1 DPS weapon drop of each BOB boss?
    Oceanic raiding, robot style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdbUbNFLLQ

Plane Walker

Default The Ultimate Edition

I was surprised at the cost.. SL was far less expensive. What did i get for my 150.. 150k loyalty.. 2 pieces of gear..that out ranks anything I have or could get by doing the raids. I upgraded all my rift-walker to gold, but really what did it do.. not much really, I do about the same dps I did before upgrading all that relic gear. Its pretty golden colored. okay.. I have this fish.. that looks like a shark.. biting at the reins to gain its freedom and eat one Missy shamble rider.. another 36 slot bag.. woot I can stuff more things in my backpack.. but what did I really get? for my money.. not much really just, dots n pixels. I hope the content in NT is as good as Storm Legion was when it launched. So what did I get? with a bit of luck, new places to explore.. new things to see, new monsters to battle.. and more opportunities to make plat.. new raids new instances.. new costumes.. new pets.. new artifacts sets.. so what did I get?

Trion seems to have lost the ability to make their customers enthusiastic about upcoming content or even satisfied with current content. What happened? One bad decision after another (eg, Glyph, punitive AH fees, BiS gear for cash, overpriced packs) plagues Rift, and if left unchecked, will chip away at their player base until nothing is left.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Rift Disciple

Where can we see these dimension items and the dimension?

Price seems unreasonable to someone who purely plays to decorate, but I am very much interested in supporting Trion.

Patron status doesn't mean much to me, as I am away from the game for 3 weeks at a time on a regular schedule. That's why I play F2P games to begin with - too much RL stuff going on consistently.

I wouldn't mind dropping $150 to show support, but I'd really like to see something better for my money. Zero need for the mount or most things on there.

Can't we buy what we want from the packages instead? I think that way the community could show Trion that we don't really even want "pay to win" items.

I'd feel horrid getting some powered up relic and other combat enhancing items when I don't even care about combat much (other than to collect Dimension items).

Also, the 'random/ RNG' packages where we may or may not get the item we are really 'hoping' to get is complete bogus. Loathe those and will never, ever show my financial support for dim items sold that way.
    Last edited by Freneticfangs; 09-04-2014 at 05:13 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 LastLast