+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 247
Like Tree214Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Digital editions for Nightmare Tide are up!

  1. #151
    Rift Chaser Alfiexx's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    361

    Default

    Out of looking at it all only thing i would want is:
    • Cobalt Thresher Mount (there better be able to buy new mounts with plat in 3.0)
    • Nightmare Cosmetic Weapons
    • Bank Vault Slot
    • -Exclusive- Nightmare Tide Bag Slot
    • 2 New Equipment Slots
    • Planewalker’s Call
    • Manugo League Membership (maybe depends on how fast to max / what items it gives)
    • 50k Loyalty
    • 1 month patron

    Put this is a Pack for £50.00 and i would buy it.

    would not spend £36.99 nor £112.99 on those stupid packs but possibly only cheapest 1 cus its worth it's value (ish)

    Make that a pack above and i would buy it and possible others...

    The Gamer Beans
    <Special Olympics>
    <StackOnEight>
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkoss View Post
    I'm not saying I'm great, Alfiexx is great.

  2. #152
    Rift Disciple Irishae's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    195

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by m1nus View Post
    Haven't played this game in more than a year so I'm out of the loop. Question - I just want to see the new zone and get to L65... is the $25 edition enough?
    You don't need to purchase any of the collector's editions to access the zones, content, or get to level 65. That's free. The optional digital upgrades are just items, boosts, the shark mount, etc.

  3. #153
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    40

    Default

    We've basically finished up the 2.X cycle. All content has been defeated, we're in the final weeks rather than months where this would be true. Had either of those not been the case, we probably wouldn't have released these items. We're still committed to making it so the best gear in game is earned, not bought.

    But at the same time we want to give folks a leg up in getting ready for Nightmare Tide. That's the intent behind releasing these items now rather than with the release of the expansion.

    I can understand the concern being expressed, but what we're talking about now is how relevant is this gear? Will it help anyone with getting a world first kill? Will it shift the balance of power in some meaningful way? No. So we release it now, help people get ready, and people have fun with toys for a couple of weeks till they're progressing through new content.
    None of that means jack. Sorry but there is no excuse you can pull out of your backside that changes the lie you told your customers.

    Forget the 'Win' part of the whole Pay to Win term.

    That's not in question.

    It's the fact that Daglar has (without exception) gone back on his word to Rift customers.

    It doesn't matter what sort of excuses and reasoning is given. There is nothing that can be said to change this fact.

    The best items in the game will always have to be earned in Telara!
    Sure you can try to get around it by saying the fight is over, the expansion is soon, blah blah blah. Again, it doesn't change the fact that this quote is now a lie.

    And I'm sorry, but for the official response to read like 'I disagree with your opinions, but if you don't accept that, feel free to leave my game', it just cries of immaturity and a lack of proper acknowledgement for your concerned customers.

    Just a huge nail in the coffin.
    Last edited by PeterVP; 09-03-2014 at 04:30 PM.
    How you know you've lost at life...

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #154
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irishae View Post
    You don't need to purchase any of the collector's editions to access the zones, content, or get to level 65. That's free. The optional digital upgrades are just items, boosts, the shark mount, etc.
    Yup, the expansion itself is completely free.

  5. #155
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    I can understand the concern being expressed, but what we're talking about now is how relevant is this gear? Will it help anyone with getting a world first kill? Will it shift the balance of power in some meaningful way? No. So we release it now, help people get ready, and people have fun with toys for a couple of weeks till they're progressing through new content.
    From the other now locked thread.

    Ocho its not about that. I completely agree with everything you said. But thats not why people are upset or concerned. The concern is that Trion (and I'm gonna put this mostly on Daglar cause he's the "buck stops here guy") doesn't care enough about what they promised us before to simply wait 5 weeks. Jonus put it best. I mean there is simply no good or logical reason why you guys couldn't have just waited and thereby kept your word and a few people's money in the process. Its that slippery slope thing. Maybe next time it will be 5 months instead of 5 weeks? I just want to clarify why people are upset. Its not about the actual items themselves. That is silly and trivial, which is exactly why this decision is so puzzling. And whats more frustrating is this could have easily been prevented if you guys were more upfront about things you are planning to do. But now, the change has been made, the damage is done and people's trust has already been lost. I don't think MMO developers understand just how important loyalty and trust are. The transient MMO player that hops from one game to another isn't the one that spends 5k on a game throughout its life, its the long time player who is loyal to the game.

    That being said I still bought the $150 pack because I like Rift and I refuse to punish myself or the rest of the team who made such an amazing looking expansions for Daglar's boneheaded choice.

    I always pride myself on being straight with you guys and I defend you more often than not, but here as with the AH I see why people are upset and its a little worrying how often thats becoming the case.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 09-03-2014 at 04:35 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

  6. #156
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    485

    Default

    Yeah it's not even a slippery slope anymore. The slope is totally blown away. It's gone from 'The best items in the world will always have to be earned', to 'p2w as soon as world firsts are done.'. Is this how it's going to be going forward? Once content has been defeated and world first's achieved, the race is over, so let's put the gear up for sale?
    Last edited by Sorano; 09-03-2014 at 04:46 PM.
    Oceanic raiding, robot style.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCdbUbNFLLQ

  7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #157
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    From the other now locked thread.

    Ocho its not about that. I completely agree with everything you said. But thats not why people are upset or concerned. The concern is that Trion (and I'm gonna put this mostly on Daglar cause he's the "buck stops here guy") doesn't care enough about what they promised us before to simply wait 5 weeks. Jonus put it best. I mean there is simply no good or logical reason why you guys couldn't have just waited and thereby kept your word and a few people's money in the process. Its that slippery slope thing. Maybe next time it will be 5 months instead of 5 weeks? I just want to clarify why people are upset. Its not about the actual items themselves. That is silly and trivial, which is exactly why this decision is so puzzling. And whats more frustrating is this could have easily been prevented if you guys were more upfront about things you are planning to do. But now, the change has been made, the damage is done and people's trust has already been lost. I don't think MMO developers understand just how important loyalty and trust are. The transient MMO player that hops from one game to another isn't the one that spends 5k on a game throughout its life, its the long time player who is loyal to the game.

    That being said I still bought the game because I like Rift and I refuse to punish myself or the rest of the team who made such an amazing looking expansions for Daglar's boneheaded choice.

    I always pride myself on being straight with you guys and I defend you more often than not, but here as with the AH I see why people are upset and its a little worrying how often thats becoming the case.
    This was highly discussed internally. If it had been 5 months it would not have happened. If the raid content had not been beaten it would not have happened. Period. This choice was made entirely given the context we are now in.

    I'm not a dev, I'm a community guy. I have refused every offer in my career to go over to the dev side. I remember you from games I worked on 6 or 7 years ago. You may or may not remember me.Trust and truth are my bread and butter, because you can't lie to people over the long term. It doesn't work. I wouldn't want to work for a company that lies because lying is dumb.

    Daglar, myself, others who were involved in this decision making process (and they did bounce it off me before making the final decision) all looked at exactly where we were when we decided to do this. He said directly to me "if the content wasn't clear, if we were 3 months out, we wouldn't have done this". And I agree with that.

  8. #158
    Rift Chaser Choras's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    330

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    Ocho its not about that. I completely agree with everything you said. But thats not why people are upset or concerned. The concern is that Trion (and I'm gonna put this mostly on Daglar cause he's the "buck stops here guy") doesn't care enough about what they promised us before to simply wait 5 weeks. Jonus put it best. I mean there is simply no good or logical reason why you guys couldn't have just waited and thereby kept your word and a few people's money in the process. Its that slippery slope thing. Maybe next time it will be 5 months instead of 5 weeks? I just want to clarify why people are upset. Its not about the actual items themselves. That is silly and trivial, which is exactly why this decision is so puzzling. And whats more frustrating is this could have easily been prevented if you guys were more upfront about things you are planning to do. But now, the change has been made, the damage is done and people's trust has already been lost. I don't think MMO developers understand just how important loyalty and trust are. The transient MMO player that hops from one game to another isn't the one that spends 5k on a game throughout its life, its the long time player who is loyal to the game.
    I agree with all of this. Look, maybe I'm not completely serious all the time, but I wouldn't be here complaining if I didn't see something seriously wrong with the direction Rift is going in. Last week, I was pretty excited about 3.0. I even made the arrangements I needed to in order to come to the community party at PAX. However, seeing the collector's editions and subsequent developer/CM responses killed all the excitement I had for 3.0.

    It doesn't matter that we only have 5 more weeks before NT. That's still 5 weeks of p2w and 5 weeks of progression, that isn't irrelevant yet. 4 guilds, total, have killed Maelforge. There are many more still progressing on Laethys and Maelforge, including mine. Don't diminish our efforts.
    Rianeva@Deepwood

  9. #159
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    766

    Default

    what we're talking about now is how relevant is this gear?
    What you are actually talking about is money. Nothing more. Nothing less.

    If you were really talking about relevance of gear, you would have released all current items for several platinum.

  10. #160
    Ascendant Proclus_Lycaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    2,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    This was highly discussed internally. If it had been 5 months it would not have happened. If the raid content had not been beaten it would not have happened. Period. This choice was made entirely given the context we are now in.
    Maybe a HANDFUL of people have "beaten" the raid content, but I dare say if you did a little research, you'd find that the VAST MAJORITY of people have NOT "beaten" all the raids.

    Heck, I still haven't done that, and judging by what I see in the chat channels and people signatures here on the board, I am not alone.

    You have the tools to find out, can you please tell me on each account, how many people have "beaten" ALL the bosses in all the T1, T2, and T3 raids. I would be willing to bet it is less than 5% of the accounts.
    Retired from the forum community 12/19/2017

  11. #161
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    23

    Default

    Honestly who really cares about this? If someone wants to "pay to win" why should that bother anyone? Play and enjoy the game the way you like and let others play it the way they like. The sun is still going to rise tomorrow. If you want to be upset about something be upset about all the innocent people being driven out of their homes and/or killed in Iraq because of ISIS.

    I actually get a kick out of the idea that people who are willing to spend money can get access to the best gear because not everyone has hundreds of hours to spend playing a game. It's a bit of an equalizing factor between those who have a lot of spare time on their hands vs those who have a lot of spare money on their hands. And BTW its people like this that make it possible for the F2P types to enjoy a nice MMO without having to maintain a subscription.

    And I'm not saying this because I'm planning on buying the best gear either. I actually have pretty awful gear and plan to get my gear by playing the game, but it bothers me not a whit if someone else wants to pay hundreds of dollars to have the best gear without going through the raiding grind.

    Just be glad that Trion is still improving a great MMO and that you can still play for free, including leveling up to 65 and having access to all the expansion areas.

  12. #162
    Telaran Tacotown's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2014
    Posts
    56

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Daglar, myself, others who were involved in this decision making process (and they did bounce it off me before making the final decision) all looked at exactly where we were when we decided to do this. He said directly to me "if the content wasn't clear, if we were 3 months out, we wouldn't have done this". And I agree with that.
    What you described is literally what I would film if I were making a movie about a company careening down a well-intentioned slippery slope. It's very cinematic, I can picture a heavy sigh right before he says that, maybe not quite believing it, but trying to convince himself.

    Regardless of the decision, are you really saying you all looked at the furor over the auction house, could not have possibly been unaware that this was going to cause a similar albeit probably lesser reaction, and decided yes, yes we should still do that before a major release?
    Last edited by Tacotown; 09-03-2014 at 05:28 PM.

  13. #163
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    92

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    This was highly discussed internally. If it had been 5 months it would not have happened. If the raid content had not been beaten it would not have happened. Period. This choice was made entirely given the context we are now in.

    I'm not a dev, I'm a community guy. I have refused every offer in my career to go over to the dev side. I remember you from games I worked on 6 or 7 years ago. You may or may not remember me.Trust and truth are my bread and butter, because you can't lie to people over the long term. It doesn't work. I wouldn't want to work for a company that lies because lying is dumb.

    Daglar, myself, others who were involved in this decision making process (and they did bounce it off me before making the final decision) all looked at exactly where we were when we decided to do this. He said directly to me "if the content wasn't clear, if we were 3 months out, we wouldn't have done this". And I agree with that.
    All about the Benjamin's!!!!!!

  14. #164
    Prophet of Telara
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,199

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Irishae View Post
    You don't need to purchase any of the collector's editions to access the zones, content, or get to level 65. That's free. The optional digital upgrades are just items, boosts, the shark mount, etc.
    Awesome, thanks!

  15. #165
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    766

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Tenof View Post
    What you are actually talking about is money. Nothing more. Nothing less.

    If you were really talking about relevance of gear, you would have released all current items for several platinum.
    Actually, I take my words back.

    You made such a decision because you are talking about the relevance of gear, but in the opposite meaning.
    If these pieces were NOT actually relevant, you wouldn't have even bothered making such a decision.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts