+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree214Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Digital editions for Nightmare Tide are up!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    Was about to say: "plus an assortment of powerful relics for all characters on your account" doesn't seem to really be included in the bullet list.
    Aren't the 'assortment of powerful relics' just those things listed? It certainly seems to imply that.

It's looking more and more like the packs have gone up by mistake today.

Quote Originally Posted by Caldern View Post
    I'm a ***** for storage space, so the infusion pack at a bare minimum looks like a given for me. Will probably end up getting the big pack for the shark mount, even larger bag, and the group summon.

I swear though, if this specific version of the shark mount becomes nonexclusive later, I'll be extremely pissed.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We're practically allergic to the word exclusive. It's very rarely used anymore, and for very good reason (because using it too often is frankly dumb). This is a time when we decided to use it. I'll certainly bring up your concerns to the team about how similar is too similar.
    According to the FAQ:
    Can I get a Thresher Mount without a Nightmare Tide Collector’s Edition?
    The Cobalt Thresher mount is currently exclusive to the Nightmare Tide Collector’s Edition.
    What does "currently exclusive" mean?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #138

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    According to the FAQ:

We have no plans to offer it in any other way. This could potentially change in the future after a significant period of time, however it would require a compelling reason. One of those things we have to think about because MMOs can have a lifespan of decades, and burying something forever isn't a great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post

I'd imagine the same thing it meant when they said the tartagon for the original CE was "exclusive digital content," and can now be purchased by anyone for $40, along with everything else in the original CE, including flagging your account to have the additional character slots and bag slots that come from owning Rift before F2P.

Or that Cylcone was an exclusive in the Infinity Edition, and is now a referral reward renamed, "Typhoon."
    Last edited by xanduin246; 09-03-2014 at 01:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    Bread downs

Typhoon $24.99
    2 New Equipment Slots*
    Exclusive Nightmare Tide Bag Slot*
    Manugo League Membership
    Planewalker: Water
    Title: the Typhoon

Infusion $49.99
    Plus Everything in Typhoon
    "Instant Level 60"
    Additional Bank Vault Slot*
    Aquatic Dimension Pack
    Exclusive Bloop the Jellyfish Companion Pet
    Additional Minion Slot*
    Nightmare Portrait
    Shimmering Nightmare Orb
    2 Void Source Accelerators - available immediately!
    2 Abyssal Crusader's Accelerators
    Delving Diver's Helm

Ultimate Nightmare Edition $149.99
    Plus Everything in Typhoon and Infusion
    Cobalt Thresher Mount - useable on land and in water! - available immediately!
    Abyssal Satchel 36 slot bag - available immediately!
    Dimension Shadow Scion
    Planewalker's Call
    Prefix Title: Planewalker
    Nightmare Cosmetic Weapons
    Unlimited Nightmare Black Dye
    Combat Pet Skin: Abyssal Crab - available immediately
    *6 Void Source Accelerators - available immediately!
    *6 Abyssal Crusader's Accelerators

*Amount has change from Infusion to Ultimate editions

Spending a $100 more from Infusion to Ultimate Edition I don't really see the Value, your pretty much saying 10xtra items you get are worth $10 each. A black Dye worth $10? adding a patron pass to this might balance it out, 3 months worth?
    "plus an assortment of powerful relics for all characters on your account."

yeah, didn't add this part to Ultimate Nightmare Edition $149.99 but still the value i still believe isn't there, Just my thoughts.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by snipebad View Post
    "plus an assortment of powerful relics for all characters on your account."

yeah, didn't add this part to Ultimate Nightmare Edition $149.99 but still the value i still believe isn't there, Just my thoughts.
    I think the $150 package should have 2-3 months of patron time added to it. It would probably generate more sales then.
    White Fang

Adastra@Greybriar

Quote Originally Posted by Adastra View Post
    I think the $150 package should have 2-3 months of patron time added to it. It would probably generate more sales then.
    If it had 3 months Patron i would have already purchased it instead of wondering to myself if i really want to spend the xtra $100 for it.

I find it funny how people dance around p2w by talking about NT release date being a month away.... or about how noobs decked out in the best gear still can't do mechanics.

As a simple matter of fact, it is pay to win. It's the best item for those slots, and is only available now via cash purchase.

Is it going to break the game? No. Is it going to rustle some jimmies? Absolutely.
    <Coriolis>
    Archemys

Daglar , Ocho or someone else.
    Can u confirm if there gonna be other Thresher mounts in game? I think there is an achievement related to these mounts....it wont be nice not being able to complete the achiev
    Last edited by simpa1988; 09-03-2014 at 01:46 PM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #145
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by simpa1988 View Post
    Daglar , Ocho or someone else.
    Can u confirm if there gonna be other Thresher mounts in game? I think there is an achievement related to these mounts....it wont be nice not being able to complete the achiev
    There will be other thresher variants some day. We have not decided when or how those will be released - but it is unlikely they will be available immediately upon release of Nightmare Tide. The Cobalt variation is exclusive to these packs - not the concept of Thresher mounts.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    There will be other thresher variants some day. We have not decided when or how those will be released - but it is unlikely they will be available immediately upon release of Nightmare Tide. The Cobalt variation is exclusive to these packs - not the concept of Thresher mounts.

~Daglar
    thanks for clarification.
    But i think we have seen from the Pts that there are achievements in game that need a Thresher mount to be completed. Some jumping if im not mistaken. People that wont buy ultimate edition, will have to wait for the other threshers to be released?

Aso something last, any new mounts except Thresher will be in Nightmare Tide?
    Thanks for the answer Daglar

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    ...snip...
    If you can tell the difference between an accelerated level 60 and some of the folks who have mysteriously managed to reach that level without learning anything about their class then you're much more observant than me.
    ...snip...
    *Emphasis is mine. It's nice to see someone at Trion acknowledge this, at least. There is only so much Trion, the community, or individual players can do about terrible players. If you're grouped up with someone bad... it's bad. I do dislike the Deserter debuff though. Maybe it's time to rethink mechanic?

Couple of questions that have hopefully easy answers.

But, any idea of a time frame of when...or even if these packs will be put onto Steam as well, for those of us using that?

And wasn't there talk of upgrading the Crocnard and Tartagon mounts to be usable in water as well? Or did that get scrapped?

Shadowlander

Default Existing subscriptions and the higher teir packs

£112.99 That's a steep price to pay on top of a current running yearly sub of £63.48. Would have been more tempting if the package included a year long patron subscription

(Note as factions, pa, pvp, xp are all maxed and sub expires in about 60 odd days, I don't actually need the subscription, but since I've been subbed since 04/2011 its been nice to support the game in this way)

I know the packages are optional but it would have been nice to have some form of expansion+patron package like in Storm Legion as I would have happily paid £80-£90ish for a combined pack.

Anyway that's my feedback for now, have a top night

(I can't remember now if subscription/patron thing gives any loyalty, anyone kind enough to let me know.)

Prophet of Telara

Haven't played this game in more than a year so I'm out of the loop. Question - I just want to see the new zone and get to L65... is the $25 edition enough?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast