+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 116
Like Tree216Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Loving the new AH

  1. #1
    Champion of Telara Wackywoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,304

    Default Loving the new AH

    Once you get used to it you'll love it. At first i hated the new layout. But after i gave it another chance i've realized how great it is.

    Fulfilling buy orders has made the gathering/crafting professions so much more enjoyable and worthwhile!
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 08-24-2014 at 10:29 PM.

  2. #2
    Plane Walker Dylbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    414

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nataliee View Post
    Once you get used to it you'll love it. At first i hated the new layout. But after i gave it another chance i've realized how great it is.

    Fulfilling buy orders has made the gathering/crafting professions so much more enjoyable and worthwhile!
    So, you'd have no problems paying my listing fees for me then, right?

    I think everyone likes the new functionality, and the new layout (well most anyway). It's the new fee structure that has people bent out of shape.

    As the saying goes, "Other than *that* Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?"
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

  3. #3
    Champion of Telara Wackywoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dylbert View Post
    So, you'd have no problems paying my listing fees for me then, right?
    I've never had a problem with the new fees. Sure people are saying they are a bit higher than they were, but in all honesty i have never taken much notice of them before or after the changes.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 08-24-2014 at 11:32 PM.

  4. #4
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    967

    Default

    What I noticed is that the price history is more useful than I thought it would be, because it tells you how much have been sold recently, that helps me a lot to determine what is worth putting in, at which price and duration.

    Though I find buy orders rather useless for selling stuff, on my shard (Brutwacht), 99% of them try to get goods at a fraction of the current market value, even if you undercut everyone by say 30% you still get a lot more than fulfilling a buy order most of the time...

  5. #5
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,664

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lynx3d View Post
    Though I find buy orders rather useless for selling stuff, on my shard (Brutwacht), 99% of them try to get goods at a fraction of the current market value, even if you undercut everyone by say 30% you still get a lot more than fulfilling a buy order most of the time...
    That's pretty good news then. I'm sure Daglar and his team will be happy to see that all the sub optimal auctions they were so concerned about have now been replaced by sub optimal buy orders

  6. #6
    Rift Chaser
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    357

    Default

    I guess the sub-optimal buy orders will eventually lessen if no one is filling them as that would just make people loose money/time on placing sub-optional buy orders without anything to show for it. I don't fill in buy-orders myself that aren't worth my while or regular sales are a better way to go even with the new fee for listing.
    If low buy-orders get filled in, you can't blame people trying to get it for that price either. People can always wish and gamble for a bargain, doesn't mean they will get it. I haven't seen huge lists of those yet. Granted the majority of buy-orders to me seem not worth the hassle to fill. But that's my own choice.
    Proud builder of the following dimensions on Zaviel: On Serathe: O-RP Family park and tree hotel , Grotto mansion , Little Ravenshire , Vila Plankcraft, The Raven - Edgar Allen Poe, Fairytale fountain and menagerie, O-RP Beach resort Knock knock On Orticia: Villa Gothica , Orticia's lair

  7. #7
    Champion of Telara Wackywoo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    1,304

    Default

    I just wish you could sell items directly from your bank. That'd be nice.
    Last edited by Wackywoo; 08-25-2014 at 04:10 AM.

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple Shadykadie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Manchester, England
    Posts
    190

    Default

    On Faeblight some lowlife has placed a buy order for 20 Rex at 1plat each, no doubt trying to catch out new players that need plat or AH noobs that don't check.

  9. #9
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nataliee View Post
    I've never had a problem with the new fees. Sure people are saying they are a bit higher than they were, but in all honesty i have never taken much notice of them before or after the changes.
    My guess would be you haven't listed anything rare and expensive that moves slowly (essences, mounts, so forth). Once you do then you will see why people are mad.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 08-25-2014 at 06:35 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

  10. #10
    Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    744

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    My guess would be you haven't listed anything rare and expensive that moves slowly (essences, mounts, so forth). Once you do then you will see why people are mad.
    Because the economy should be balanced around things that are bought ten's of times in a month instead of the things that are bought thousand's of times in a week? If you sell something rare and expensive should you not have a risk that reflects the possible reward?

  11. #11
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    468

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    If you sell something rare and expensive should you not have a risk that reflects the possible reward?
    Yeah, try again. More like: if you sell something rare and expensive you should prepare to spam chat channels repeatedly because using the AH is just dumb now.

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team Gingers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    668

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nataliee View Post
    I just wish you could sell items directly from your bank. That'd be nice.
    That is something we'd eventually like to have too, probably not until after the expansion though.

  13. #13
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    West Palm Beach
    Posts
    4,833

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WriteThemWrong View Post
    Because the economy should be balanced around things that are bought ten's of times in a month instead of the things that are bought thousand's of times in a week? If you sell something rare and expensive should you not have a risk that reflects the possible reward?
    This is not real life, its a game.

    Punishing people who happen to get lucky and get an item of good value to sell is simply silly. Its not that bad for most things now but its still bad on anything with a value over say 1k plat. I've been just spamming chat channels trying to sell (or trade) a tropical budgie I got in my patron lockbox last week.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 08-25-2014 at 07:54 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

  14. #14
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    731

    Default

    New AH is making rich even richer , poor people cant post stuff in Ah with such high fee. For example 1 week ago my friend bought 2 epic greater from a poor guy that didn't have plat to pay the fee in ah. Guess what? he sold both nefarious and searing for a huge profit in Ah. And yes im agree that some changes are pretty good like buy orders and stuff like that but actually high fee for listing is a very bad idea specially for new players they will be frustrated soon. Trion increased the drop rate from SH62 and now smart players just have to wait for new players in crossevents shard waiting for a cheap greater to make big profit. that will affect new players when they realize that the plat they got isn't enough for the time invested.
    Last edited by elfaraon; 08-25-2014 at 07:59 AM.

  15. #15
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    153

    Default

    I was wondering about the buy orders. The few I have been checking on regularly have been resources dream ribbon, ores, etc. and so far everything I have seen has a price of about 50% what I could get on a regular auction. This is not difficult to sell stuff, and even on days when the market is flooded I can still make alot more on with a straight auction than buy fuilfilling a buy order.

    So my question is, are people actually fulfilling these buy orders? Are people farming the AH by putting a buy order up for Dream Ribbon (for example) at 15g per and then posting it at 30g?

    Try it and see I guess will be the best answer. I asume there will always be people who will take the loss with the quick sale rather than wait for the regular AH post, but I would not have thought the mark down would be 50%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts