+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Lag worse after todays update.

Soulwalker

Same issues here. Confirmed them in weekly 10 mans. Sal melted all our faces nearly every attempt.
    I agree action needs to be taken to correct these issues. Trion makes to much money off this game to let this continue for much longer.

Should we start a formal petition thread? Sure we could have a few thousand posts in a few hours with a few spams in crossevents.

As seen elsewhere, but a somewhat concrete example:

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    While I said before, Trion certainly has some issues with ability delay in the past, but from trace routes we've seen in here it's outside of their perimeter.
    Actually, every trace I've seen posted indicates that the problem is *at* Trion's perimeter. Also note that I didn't say that Trion could fix the problems themselves, merely that they are not without resources.

They pay (presumably) good money to their providers for their bandwidth. They need to tell their providers to fix the **** that ain't working - and that applies whether we're talking DDoSes, upgrading/replacing outdated equipment, patching vulnerabilities, whatever.

We're not talking Joe S Ragpicker sitting at the end of a 10MB DSL connection. We're talking a big-ticket customer, and Trion should be using that to their advantage. They need to be willing to vote with their wallet, and go to a different provider if the current ones are not responsive.

Among other things, I manage a call center on a single-homed 300meg Metro-E connection. I'm far from a big fish. However, I have gotten my provider to fix some vulnerabilities and generally improve their service. Simply by talking to them, and being prepared to move on if they ignore me.

It's easy enough to say "not my problem" and punt it upstream.
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #94
    Rift Team

Default Lag worse...

Though I know this isn't much help - I just wanted to mention that we are aware of the situation and looking for problems, both internally and with our internet providers. I personally felt the lag this weekend, gathered some player reports & information on a couple shards Saturday night, and passed that on to our operations people. The servers themselves appear to be operating normally.

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    Though I know this isn't much help - I just wanted to mention that we are aware of the situation and looking for problems, both internally and with our internet providers. I personally felt the lag this weekend, gathered some player reports & information on a couple shards Saturday night, and passed that on to our operations people. The servers themselves appear to be operating normally.
    Thanks for the update!

1st. Ty for the response.
    2nd. you should look at it on a Wednesday when 90% of guilds are doing their raids.
    3rd. have you considered Time Warner? I think the Coach might be able to help.
    DISTOPIA
    Fracture Guild Lead

9/9T1 - 4/4 GA -7/8T2 - 2/4 Dragons Bound

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #97
    Rift Team

Default Lag worse...

Potentially good news - our operations team has found a potential issue and resolved it. Limited early reports are reporting improvement.

If you've been dealing with this lag - is it better now?

Telaran

Potentially good news - our operations team has found a potential issue and resolved it. Limited early reports are reporting improvement.

Mine isn't. Just logged in and people are still warping all over the place and I'm seeing regular lag spikes of 800-6K pings. Time Warner is coming to my home tomorrow (2nd time in a week) as I told them they fix it or I move on...

I'm on FB btw if that helps. And I've already done the ingame tickets to the GM, done everything they have suggested and its still not better for me atm. Hope it helped everyone else.

Thanks for the communication.

Default Lag madness

HI ty forposting this info i feel more cheeerful now that i see that trion is aware of the problem

Default Very little

I am still experiencing the kind of lag symptoms as visually detailed in the video from the post above.

Rift is known for its challenging upper tier raid content where split second reactions are required so the permissible lag is effectively none.

Very nice to hear that it is getting some scrutiny, however.

Still experiencing the lag during our I.G. run tonight, unfortunately. We also had 5 people get disconnected from the server all at the same time... yikes!

We had a weird bit. Last was fine on minis... PBB had some lag... And 2/3 of the raid dc'd but after that no worries.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Can confirm the DC during raid last night.

Overall though, general ability lag seemed better for me at least. That was very frustrating and I could see a general improvement there.

Thank you Pithos for confirming the issues at hand, this being somewhat intermittent will make it more challenging to correct I am sure.
    Kinladar - Rogue - Tank And Then Some
    Jinxt - Cleric Tank -- Jumedorm - Warrior Tank - (Hey, I sense a trend here)
    DAWN OF TERROR - [FAEBLIGHT]
    http://dawnrift.guildlaunch.com/

Plane Touched

Experienced no lag last night for a solid three hours during prime raid times (6:30pm server to 9:30pm server).

Soulwalker

Still broken for me, 100's of lag deaths since 2.8. I running ping www.riftgame.com -t in the background and every time I lag I tab to it and see there is nothing wrong with the ping. It looks to me like the game is broken at the Trion servers. My internet is fine for every other game. I really really love Rift but I have to consider it too broken to be played atm.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast