Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 29

Thread: Rift: Leaderboards

  1. #1
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default Rift: Leaderboards

    As many have you noticed while completing a Rift event, there is a leaderboard.

    On the leaderboard, you see the names of people participating in the Rift and numbers next to some sort of ranking system with a gold, silver, and bronze looking circles. All that gives you some sort amount of points, for your total value.

    Rifting takes into account tanking, damage done, and healing... but does anyone know what exactly these points on the leaderboard mean? I can't find it anywhere.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Shield of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    716

    Default

    Nope - I looked as well. I also noticed that as soon as you defeat the last boss, you can't recall this screen. And if you have it open when you kill the last boss it closes on you. What gives?

    I did notice that my rewards at the end are MUCH greater when I'm at the top of this list vs the bottom.

    You also cant get any description on those icons either, so you really don't know what they are. They could be kills / assists / deaths etc. Who knows.
    Last edited by Kemble; 01-30-2011 at 12:44 PM.
    Keenblade - 50 Warrior - R8
    Riftdrawals - A Facebook group for Rift fans going through Riftdrawals
    Pak'Cafan - A multi gaming community since 1999. Now recruiting for Rift.

  3. #3
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    154

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brodka View Post
    As many have you noticed while completing a Rift event, there is a leaderboard.

    On the leaderboard, you see the names of people participating in the Rift and numbers next to some sort of ranking system with a gold, silver, and bronze looking circles. All that gives you some sort amount of points, for your total value.

    Rifting takes into account tanking, damage done, and healing... but does anyone know what exactly these points on the leaderboard mean? I can't find it anywhere.

    Thanks
    It is a gauge of how you do during that rift event. Next to the disk describing the event there is a gauge that goes up and down during the event. The higher up that gauge you make it the more likely you are to get the most "points" when that stage is over. The higher up the leaderboard you are during the rift event the more likely you are to get better planar rewards once the rift is over. I, for one, during a rift event wound up with 1 corrupted sourceshard, about 20-25 planarite, a couple of the lvl 10 planar reward bundles, and 1 or 2 planar essences.

    I understand the frustration. They are kinda like gold, silver, and bronze medals. The more medals you get, the better the reward.
    Last edited by indira; 01-30-2011 at 12:47 PM.

  4. #4
    Rift Chaser Xodiak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Colorado Springs, CO
    Posts
    343

    Default

    to add...
    I'd like to see the chart AFTER the Rift event is complete.. unless I'm doing something wrong, when the final stage ends, I see the loot button as the only thing I can click. I'd really, really like to see where myself and others stood overall.

  5. #5
    Rift Disciple Elynole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brodka View Post
    As many have you noticed while completing a Rift event, there is a leaderboard.

    On the leaderboard, you see the names of people participating in the Rift and numbers next to some sort of ranking system with a gold, silver, and bronze looking circles. All that gives you some sort amount of points, for your total value.

    Rifting takes into account tanking, damage done, and healing... but does anyone know what exactly these points on the leaderboard mean? I can't find it anywhere.

    Thanks
    Rifting doesn't take into account tanking, damage done, or healing. Just activity of skills used. Sucks, I know. But try it out next time in a rift. Just spam any skill you have that's spammable insta-cast. You'll automatically get gold medaled and max points.


    SPC Christopher Loyd - Radar Technician - 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment

    Operation Iraqi Freedom 09-10 (Yes, I PvP in real life)

    Deskside Support Technician II - Community Healthcare Services - chs.net

  6. #6
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    925

    Default

    Yeah they need to leave the leaderboard up until you loot.

  7. #7
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    It is a gauge of how you do during that rift event. Next to the disk describing the event there is a gauge that goes up and down during the event. The higher up that gauge you make it the more likely you are to get the most "points" when that stage is over. The higher up the leaderboard you are during the rift event the more likely you are to get better planar rewards once the rift is over. I for one during a rift event wound up with 1 corrupted sourceshard, about 20-25 planarite, a couple of the lvl 10 planar reward bundles, and 1 or 2 planar essences.
    Hmmm... so to get this correct, the bar on the left gauges how well you are doing during each phase? and depending where that bar is when that phase ends determines whether you get a gold, silver, or bronze point at the end of that phase? Then at the end of the rift the rewards are much better of course depending on your combination of points.

    Makes sense, but I would love a dev to come in to verify or perhaps explain this system a little better.

    like for example, rifting with a bunch of people out of group vs in the group? how does that effect your little bar?

  8. #8
    Rift Disciple CrazyBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    California
    Posts
    107

    Default

    So basicly, you can artificailly inflat the bar and get points by spamming so low level attack so as not to die, thus giving you more time to acquire points and reap rewards that some one else did most the work for. Seems they should add a damage done vs level into the equation.
    Last edited by CrazyBob; 01-30-2011 at 12:55 PM.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    154

    Exclamation Dev insight please.

    Quote Originally Posted by Brodka View Post
    like for example, rifting with a bunch of people out of group vs in the group? how does that effect your little bar?
    That is a good point also. Does being in a group help?

    Dev help please

  10. #10
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elynole View Post
    Rifting doesn't take into account tanking, damage done, or healing. Just activity of skills used. Sucks, I know. But try it out next time in a rift. Just spam any skill you have that's spammable insta-cast. You'll automatically get gold medaled and max points.
    this would be a huge let down... perhaps your spammable skills were also doing a lot of damage?

  11. #11
    Rift Disciple Elynole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by indira View Post
    That is a good point also. Does being in a group help?

    Dev help please
    Ok, lets break this down since no one read my previous post >.<


    The bar on the side of the Rift panel has three different sections. From top to bottom they are Gold, Silver, and Bronze. You can tell this by the color of the bar.

    As you use skills, this bar goes up. It will start dropping if you're too slow at using skills...therefore, activity plays a huge role. While using long 2.5-3s skills will move your bar up in bigger chunks, this usually isn't ideal when it comes to rifting currently due to things dying so fast, that within 2.5-3s the mob you're casting on will be dead anyways.

    So, instant-cast spells that are spammable are the ideal way to move up this rift bar. You continiously spam the skill on whatever you're targeting, once it's dead, tab and spam on the next one. Regardless of it doing little to no damage/healing, your bar will still move up, and usually at a faster rate than the higher cast time skills. Thus, giving you a pretty good chance at getting gold medals for the event.

    The more points you obtain during a stage, the more planarite you get and the better your rewards are. Grouping vs. Soloing has no effect on how fast your bar raises, and as far as I can tell...since I've gotten gold with both almost every time I've rifted, it doesn't change the loot scale either.

    annnnnd DONE!


    SPC Christopher Loyd - Radar Technician - 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment

    Operation Iraqi Freedom 09-10 (Yes, I PvP in real life)

    Deskside Support Technician II - Community Healthcare Services - chs.net

  12. #12
    Rift Disciple Elynole's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Nashville, TN
    Posts
    131

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Brodka View Post
    this would be a huge let down... perhaps your spammable skills were also doing a lot of damage?
    Not the case, the one I use is the Wardens skill Waterjet. Which is the insta-cast, no cooldown skill. You can also use their insta-cast HoT to do this as long as you're within the area of the rift.

    Again, while higher damaging skills seem to move up the bar in bigger chunks, those chunks usually aren't worth it due to the high cast times/cooldowns. Pick something you can use over and over and bam. Gold medal. Can't remember the last stage I did where I didn't get a gold medal actually.

    Yes, I'll agree it's faulty. I probably did about .0001% of the damage done and I still get a gold medal due to activity....ohh well, maybe they'll fix it.


    SPC Christopher Loyd - Radar Technician - 278th Armored Cavalry Regiment

    Operation Iraqi Freedom 09-10 (Yes, I PvP in real life)

    Deskside Support Technician II - Community Healthcare Services - chs.net

  13. #13
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    397

    Default

    I think its just to see who contributed.

    "Winning" a leaderboard probably means nothing as you'll get the same amount of loot depending on how much it said you participated.

  14. #14
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elynole View Post
    Ok, lets break this down since no one read my previous post >.<


    The bar on the side of the Rift panel has three different sections. From top to bottom they are Gold, Silver, and Bronze. You can tell this by the color of the bar.

    As you use skills, this bar goes up. It will start dropping if you're too slow at using skills...therefore, activity plays a huge role. While using long 2.5-3s skills will move your bar up in bigger chunks, this usually isn't ideal when it comes to rifting currently due to things dying so fast, that within 2.5-3s the mob you're casting on will be dead anyways.

    So, instant-cast spells that are spammable are the ideal way to move up this rift bar. You continiously spam the skill on whatever you're targeting, once it's dead, tab and spam on the next one. Regardless of it doing little to no damage/healing, your bar will still move up, and usually at a faster rate than the higher cast time skills. Thus, giving you a pretty good chance at getting gold medals for the event.

    The more points you obtain during a stage, the more planarite you get and the better your rewards are. Grouping vs. Soloing has no effect on how fast your bar raises, and as far as I can tell...since I've gotten gold with both almost every time I've rifted, it doesn't change the loot scale either.

    annnnnd DONE!
    Thanks for the explanation.

    Only reason why I am guessing they did it this way, is to prevent high levels from coming in and blowing up the rift and getting top loot. Although they could obviously make a scale so when someone is X levels higher than the rift, they get a loot/leaderboard handicap.

    Because with this current system, it promotes less effective Rifting and gameplay... and once this is common knowledge, pretty much a button smashing fest... and ANYONE can get top loot.... which shouldnt be how it works. You play smarter, and deal more damage.... tank more enemies... or heal more allies... you get rewarded. Not by smashing your tab and 1, 2, 3 keys blindly.


  15. #15
    Champion of Telara Liandral's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    1,258

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Elynole View Post
    Ok, lets break this down since no one read my previous post >.<


    The bar on the side of the Rift panel has three different sections. From top to bottom they are Gold, Silver, and Bronze. You can tell this by the color of the bar.

    As you use skills, this bar goes up. It will start dropping if you're too slow at using skills...therefore, activity plays a huge role. While using long 2.5-3s skills will move your bar up in bigger chunks, this usually isn't ideal when it comes to rifting currently due to things dying so fast, that within 2.5-3s the mob you're casting on will be dead anyways.

    So, instant-cast spells that are spammable are the ideal way to move up this rift bar. You continiously spam the skill on whatever you're targeting, once it's dead, tab and spam on the next one. Regardless of it doing little to no damage/healing, your bar will still move up, and usually at a faster rate than the higher cast time skills. Thus, giving you a pretty good chance at getting gold medals for the event.

    The more points you obtain during a stage, the more planarite you get and the better your rewards are. Grouping vs. Soloing has no effect on how fast your bar raises, and as far as I can tell...since I've gotten gold with both almost every time I've rifted, it doesn't change the loot scale either.

    annnnnd DONE!
    Perhaps you can clear something for me - my cleric was constantly getting golds, yet when I used the spamming technique (insta cast Neuron) on my Dom/Storm, she got top in the meter gauge every stage but no gold and only planar

    So yes I am still confused...

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts