+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Leondre
  • 1 Post By Alyta
  • 1 Post By Alyta
  • 3 Post By Ocho

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Created a new account, got free patron status?

Default Created a new account, got free patron status?

Is this a bug that I have this? Or global compensation for recent bugs maybe?
    How can mirrors be real if our eyes aren't real?

How long do you have until it expires?

According to my account status on riftgame.com: a code was applied for 5 days of patron access. I didn't apply it. And I'm pretty sure the account hasn't been hacked within one day of creation; character hadn't left the spot I logged out in. I'm thinking it's compensation from Trion, but I couldn't find any posts in news/announcements about it.

Quote Originally Posted by 7A65726F View Post
    According to my account status on riftgame.com: a code was applied for 5 days of patron access. I didn't apply it. And I'm pretty sure the account hasn't been hacked within one day of creation; character hadn't left the spot I logged out in. I'm thinking it's compensation from Trion, but I couldn't find any posts in news/announcements about it.
    Enjoy it, I guess
    I Like The Gear Changes

Quote Originally Posted by 7A65726F View Post
    I'm thinking it's compensation from Trion, but I couldn't find any posts in news/announcements about it.
    And I don't have it on my main account, so it may not be compensation. Maybe fresh accounts get 5 days free?

Created another account and a character to test it, no patron status on there. So either it was a mistake or a hidden, limited time promotion. I submitted a support ticket and I guess that's /thread.

Soulwalker

I only recently started playing (within the past 2 weeks or so). After creating a F2P account, I played for 2-3 days then suddenly got an email saying I was given 5 days of Patron status to try it out. Perhaps there's a delay to see if you might sign up anyway, or to keep people from just creating throw-away accounts for immediate Patron status.

Good plan, IMO - give you a taste of Patron in the hopes that when the 5 days run out, you ante up (which, in fact, I did).

Soulwalker

Found the email they sent me:

Greetings - and welcome to RIFT! As a thank you for joining, we've granted your account 5 days of Free Patron bonuses - starting now!

Log in and quest to your heart's content with bonuses to loot, currency, XP, mount speed, and more - plus a 10% discount at the RIFT Store.

Enjoying your time in Telara? Check out our recurring subscriptions to get even more RIFT goodness, all of the time!

Quote Originally Posted by Alyta View Post
    I only recently started playing (within the past 2 weeks or so). After creating a F2P account, I played for 2-3 days then suddenly got an email saying I was given 5 days of Patron status to try it out. Perhaps there's a delay to see if you might sign up anyway, or to keep people from just creating throw-away accounts for immediate Patron status.

Good plan, IMO - give you a taste of Patron in the hopes that when the 5 days run out, you ante up (which, in fact, I did).
    Give them a taste and get them hooked. Great idea.

Welcome to Rift by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by Alyta View Post
    Found the email they sent me:
    I didn't even think to check me email!
    Thanks, this clears it up for me.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

It's something we're testing out to see if folks like it. Depending on the results we might make it more permanent or not. Data is good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    It's something we're testing out to see if folks like it. Depending on the results we might make it more permanent or not. Data is good.
    Now THAT is very cool! Sorry I started too soon and therefore missed it, but hey, I'm patron on two accounts anyway since the game is so much fun. Yes, I'm a bit exercised about the current state of the AH, but that's not the only thing I do in game....

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Haha lucky! Wish I could try patron out!

Edit: wow hahaha noticed the post was on my birthday O-O what a coinkidink
    Last edited by alexbam; 08-22-2014 at 09:34 PM. Reason: idk

+ Reply to Thread