+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Accounts compromised

I've had 4 of these messages so far tonight, someone keeps trying to buy credits on my account. Luckily I pulled my payment sources.

This really is crazy that they still have not stopped these hackers. Frankly since Hartsman has come to Trion it has gone down hill. Trion use to be the best in the industry, now they are just SOE 2.

Now instead of making their own games, they lease asian crap just like SOE. Instead of handling their own CS they outsource to the same company that does the CS for Perfect World.

Disgusting

Greetings from Trion Worlds:

There was an error in processing your order, You have not been charged by Trion Worlds for the following items:

18,500Credits

Date of order: August 09, 2014, 9:52:21 AM (UTC)

Please verify your payment method and re-try your purchase using Trion Worlds Account Management. Simply click the link below or paste it into your browser to get started:

http://rift.trionworlds.com/account/...summary.action

If you continue to experience difficulties or have any other questions or concerns, please visit our Support Center: https://support.trionworlds.com

We regret any inconvenience this has caused and hope to see you playing soon!

Sincerely,
    Trion Worlds Account Services

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    It is like losing a key to your home and then complaining when someone uses it to enter your house without your permission.

Keep your passwords secure. It's up to all of us as users to secure our accounts.
    People know when they lose their keys. I don't see Trion/Rift announcing anything about security breaches and advising people to change passwords or remove payment details.

And given the number of people being breached in this time period, more likely its Trion than any personal user ****ups.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    Some people in this thread are freaking out over nothing. Just remove your cards from the rift website which removes them from in-game. Nothing to ever worry about.
    ********. Security is security. Just cause people take personal measures doesn't mean all's fine and dandy with Trion.

Quote Originally Posted by Mitsuiro View Post
    People know when they lose their keys. I don't see Trion/Rift announcing anything about security breaches and advising people to change passwords or remove payment details.

And given the number of people being breached in this time period, more likely its Trion than any personal user ****ups.

********. Security is security. Just cause people take personal measures doesn't mean all's fine and dandy with Trion.
    Because Trion may NOT know.

here is the thing. The company that did the research to find it was hired by a few specific companies to look into it. Those companies make Hold Security sign an NDA. So it could well be that Trion has no clue. Trion would not be party to the NDA and Hold telling them would be in violation of their contract.

has any other company come out and said "well we don't know but maybe...just maybe, our system is one of the systems that was compromised?" No and to slam Trion for going along with the industry standard is silly.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Quote Originally Posted by psii View Post
    I've had 4 of these messages so far tonight, someone keeps trying to buy credits on my account. Luckily I pulled my payment sources.

This really is crazy that they still have not stopped these hackers. Frankly since Hartsman has come to Trion it has gone down hill. Trion use to be the best in the industry, now they are just SOE 2.

Now instead of making their own games, they lease asian crap just like SOE. Instead of handling their own CS they outsource to the same company that does the CS for Perfect World.

Disgusting
    FYI... the stuff you said went down hill when hartsman showed up was all STARTED by Lars Buttler, Hartsman is cleaning up his mess. F2P? Buttler's reign, ArcheAge and publishing "asian crap" started by Buttler. Under Red Door Buttler actual had more than just Arche age in the Pipe line but most of them bailed on him.

“We’re very impressed with ArcheAge, and the level of anticipation for the game is absolutely astonishing,” said Dr. Lars Buttler, CEO and founder of Trion Worlds. “We are very proud of the catalog of world-class games we will be offering through Red Door. Now, with ArcheAge, we are bringing the best in Asia onto our platform.”
    http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...e-in-the-west/

as for the general published of "asian crap" also Buttler..

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10...ment-platform/

So yeah.. before you lay issues at a specific persons lap, actually get informed about who is to blame.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    Some people in this thread are freaking out over nothing. Just remove your cards from the rift website which removes them from in-game. Nothing to ever worry about.
    Funny thing that-I went to my acct. to replace my payment info-debit card-with a credit card(better recourse to reimbursement in case of security breaches), and turns out if you have an active subscription linked to a payment source, you can only change your payment source if you cancel your subscription. Considering the now punitive AH, and gloomy outlook for the future of this game, and just general all-around disgust with the destruction of a large part of my enjoyment in this game-cancel I did. No new payment source, not going to have a need for it...

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Galibier View Post
    FYI... the stuff you said went down hill when hartsman showed up was all STARTED by Lars Buttler, Hartsman is cleaning up his mess. F2P? Buttler's reign, ArcheAge and publishing "asian crap" started by Buttler. Under Red Door Buttler actual had more than just Arche age in the Pipe line but most of them bailed on him.

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/01...e-in-the-west/

as for the general published of "asian crap" also Buttler..

http://massively.joystiq.com/2011/10...ment-platform/

So yeah.. before you lay issues at a specific persons lap, actually get informed about who is to blame.
    whoa whoa whoa! are you saying...

...the Butler did it?

Quote Originally Posted by stonelotus View Post
    whoa whoa whoa! are you saying...

...the Butler did it?
    ROFL... I never thought of that pun... well played sir...well played.

Rift Disciple

Well from what I was told by my friend that had their account compromised.The hackers used a credit card that was not linked to their account and had only used it once over a year ago to buy the game from Trions main web page. The hackers were still able to use it to buy credits and archeage founder packs. So by the looks of things, the hackers have gotten in Trions credit card and account information along with being able to access the main account. This is worse than what we really think...
    Last edited by Darkdomino; 08-09-2014 at 08:35 AM.

Rift Disciple
    Last edited by Darkdomino; 08-09-2014 at 08:42 AM.

Shadowlander

Did anyone ever consider that Trion maybe dosen't give a smelly Hoohaa?
    As long as someone is buying credits, they don't care if it's you or not. Those that don't complain........... well we all know how that works.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkdomino View Post
    Well from what I was told by my friend that had their account compromised.The hackers used a credit card that was not linked to their account and had only used it once over a year ago to buy the game from Trions main web page. The hackers were still able to use it to buy credits and archeage founder packs. So by the looks of things, the hackers have gotten in Trions credit card and account information along with being able to access the main account. This is worse than what we really think...
    More sound like he had a trojen or keylogger.
    Last edited by Zaber; 08-09-2014 at 08:55 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    More sound like he had a trojen or keylogger.
    key logger wont get a credit card number from over a year ago and then log into a game just to buy game credits and founder packs for archeage ...its a internal security breach with Trion.
    Last edited by Darkdomino; 08-09-2014 at 09:35 AM.

key logger wont get a credit card number from over a year ago and then log into a game just to buy game credits and founder packs for archeage ...its a internal security breach with Trion.
    Can't forget people don't delete there credit card info on the site, just don't delete it self, if someone get there password and username, the old credit card info can still be there, and they try to use it, finding out didn't work.

So can be keylogger.
    Last edited by Zaber; 08-09-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Rift Disciple

Its really disappointing that not one GM has commented on this. And the fact that Trion is keeping this quit does not sit well with me.

Its really disappointing that not one GM has commented on this. And the fact that Trion is keeping this quit does not sit well with me.
    If they knew something they would comment. The most likely case is they do not know of anything happening that they're at fault for, and any comment would just lead to more speculation which isn't a good thing.

I'm sorry for your friend, I really am. But all likely issues point to someone knowing their username and password and logging in. This doesn't mean your friend is at fault and it doesn't mean that Trion is at fault, it could be another website or online service your friend used the same username and password for that was compromised.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast