+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree74Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Trion Accounts compromised

Soulwalker

Last thing I did with Trion even remotely recent was apply to the Archeage beta for this past weekend..Why hello failed transaction email. At least I didn't get charged.

Default Our own laziness is usually the reason for these situations.

Please do not get me wrong as not every single person is guilty of their own downfall. However own own laziness leads to a lot of these issues.

Leaving Credit Cards, Debit Cards, etc on file with any company for faster purchasing makes us vulnerable if some gets our access to that company.

Making simple passwords and or using the same password for multiple accounts makes it very easy for someone to access all our accounts once they have access to one.

Not using proper security software when surfing the internet, opening emails that shouldn't be opened, and downloading files and opening them without proper security protocols in place. This makes our computers very vulnerable to bots, viruses, and key loggers.

Not using authenticators when they are available.

These are just a couple of examples of the things we do or don't do that cause us to be more vulnerable to these types of issues.

I am in no way saying that Trion has or has not been compromised as we do not know that. We can only assume one way or the other. What I am saying is that most times when our accounts are compromised it has a lot to do with our own laziness.

Recently there have been a LOT of companies compromised and estimates have ranged from SIX HUNDRED MILLION to over a BILLION passwords and associated personal information has been stolen.

We CAN NOT stop hackers from gaining access to companies, but we can sure as hell stop them from having access to our information and accounts if we take the proper steps to put each account in its own bubble.
    Last edited by Nogardgib; 08-25-2014 at 02:45 PM.

<O└d Skool>

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #153

Quote Originally Posted by Rahak View Post
    thread scared me into changing my passwords for a bunch of stuff
    ain't even mad though
    This is good practice. That being said we'll be rolling out additional measures probably this week to make all your accounts even safer. Keep an eye out.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    This is good practice. That being said we'll be rolling out additional measures probably this week to make all your accounts even safer. Keep an eye out.
    Glad to hear that, Ocho. Thanks for the update!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    I for one will take full advantage in the future of any and all ways to secure my accounts. Thx for the update
    S.C.I.F.I
    Sights Clouded In False Illusions

Soulwalker

Just saw my account was compromised too. I haven't played any Trion games in over a year, but my Amex card and paypal account were still on here for fast payment. They got around $11,000 from me by charging me for over 100 things through Trion.

Still no official word from Trion I see. No wonder I stopped playing their games.
    <Covenant of the Phoenix> - Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Xrison View Post
    Just saw my account was compromised too. I haven't played any Trion games in over a year, but my Amex card and paypal account were still on here for fast payment. They got around $11,000 from me by charging me for over 100 things through Trion.

Still no official word from Trion I see. No wonder I stopped playing their games.
    Holy ****?! WHAT?! One would assume Trion would at least have a limit on purchases or something. Why would any legit player spend that much in the cash shop?! Anything over certain amount should at least alert Trion to that account.
    S.C.I.F.I

How long did this go on? I am sure there a limit one can buy per day in credits.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackinstick View Post
    I guess its good practice to never give your credit card info to trion for any reason. The common Denominator is Trion and archeage.
    I am usually one of the ones to point out Trions glaring flaws, but I believe you are incorrect on this one. The amount of accounts comprimised still is very low percentage wise compared to the player-base as a whole from what I can see so far. If their is anything in common, it appears the majority of the ones that I have seen all were accounts that haven't played Rift for quite a while. There are too many other companies and passwords that have been hacked recently to put a blanket accusation on Trion. I do not know if it is Trions fault or not, I am just saying we do not have enough information to say it it.

Quote Originally Posted by Whackinstick View Post
    Oh look a cm responded and said nothing again, let's praise them! Really.... No wonder nothing gets done around here.
    Please, lets not start bashing others for their opinion just because it is not the same as yours.

<O└d Skool>

Soulwalker

It happened from the 23rd to the 25th. I was out of the country, so Amex and Chase couldn't get ahold of me until I got back today.

Quote Originally Posted by Nogardgib View Post
    I am usually one of the ones to point out Trions glaring flaws, but I believe you are incorrect on this one. The amount of accounts comprimised still is very low percentage wise compared to the player-base as a whole from what I can see so far. If their is anything in common, it appears the majority of the ones that I have seen all were accounts that haven't played Rift for quite a while. There are too many other companies and passwords that have been hacked recently to put a blanket accusation on Trion. I do not know if it is Trions fault or not, I am just saying we do not have enough information to say it it.
    That's just assumptions based on the handful of people on the forums. Only Trion know the extent of these compromises. For all we know it could be 50% of Trions account or it could be 1%. We don't know.

It just sounds like people are getting upset in general. It's understandable regardless of who's fault it is.
    S.C.I.F.I

It happened from the 23rd to the 25th. I was out of the country, so Amex and Chase couldn't get ahold of me until I got back today.
    Ouch yeah try get a refund, I am sure you can talk live support, when there up. Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM CDT.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Zaber View Post
    Ouch yeah try get a refund, I am sure you can talk live support, when there up. Monday - Sunday: 08:00 AM - 07:00 PM CDT.
    I already called up Amex, Chase, and Paypal. Judging by my experience with Trion's customer support in the past, I feel that contacting them would get me nowhere.

Right now, the most important thing anyone who HAS NOT been compromised can do is take payment info OFF their accounts (EVERYWHERE, not just Trion), and change their passwords (and if you have the ability to change SQ/A info various places, do that too).
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Plane Touched

Default HACKED. Inside job.

I've been playing games from ultima online and never have had money stolen. My password for rift was a new one that I only used for rift and never gave it out. Log in to my bank account a few hours ago and see massive back to back rex purchases. So I reset my pw and deleted my cc info and logged in. The hacker changed one of my chars names to acgsdw and transfered two to another shard. With a name like acgsdw i'm guessing the person was not America. So how would someone get my password unless it was someone from trion. Going to dispute with my bank first thing in the morning as a theft. Can't get a gm to respond and i've been waiting over an hour.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast