+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Help! Trion Worlds has taken all my money :(

Default Help! Trion Worlds has taken all my money :(

While I was asleep tonight Trion Worlds has charged me over 1300 euro that they have withdrawn from my paypal account

I dont understand this, i havent played Rift for years (literally) and I havent made any of these purchases. What's going on?

Transaction log : http://picpaste.com/pics/paypal1-DV6...1407414197.png

And new purchases keep getting queued up on my card : http://picpaste.com/pics/paypal2-Ssq...1407414214.png

But my credit card is now empty and decked out this makes me sick to the stomach.. i need those money for a vacation im was going to in a few days and a dog ive already bought now i cant pay my bills for this

Champion

Ähm... is that a joke?

If not... perhaps someone... you?... hitted the ingame purchasebutton for credits more than once?

Try to cancel the purchases...!?
    Last edited by Mausea; 08-07-2014 at 04:37 AM.
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Contact support. Live chat opens in about thirty minutes from now and they can get to the bottom of this.

To be perfectly honest this looks like your account was compromised and someone is buying everything they can with your Paypal.

Here is a direct link to live chat, you'll need to sign in with your account to access it.

https://support.trionworlds.com/app/chat/chat_launch
    Last edited by Techie Will; 08-07-2014 at 04:38 AM.

Rift Disciple

Contact Trion's support
    Contact your bank to book back all the money.
    Remove your card from paypal.
    LOCK your card and have it checked for fraudulent use.
    Contact police

Looks like someone got hold of your data and is using your account.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    Ähm... is that a joke?

If not... perhaps someone... you?... hitted the ingame purchasebutton for credits more than once?
    how can i hit any purchase button when i sleep? i dont even have rift installed on my computers. i havent played this game for years so i didnt make these purchases.

now i dont even have money for food and i dont get payed again until 3 weeks later

it says the purchases were incomplete, so how are you charged all that money? or am i missing something?

That really sucks :S

It looks like someone's been buying the biggest credit packs on your account. Numerous times. And that feels like your account may have been compromised. If these purchases were made, you will have received actual email confirmations as well.

of course, contact Trion support as well (and not just through the forums).

Quote Originally Posted by Aedivia View Post
    how can i hit any purchase button when i sleep? i dont even have rift installed on my computers. i havent played this game for years so i didnt make these purchases.
    Then someone has definitely been accessing your account. Do what Ephir and Will suggested.
    Last edited by MisterWibble; 08-07-2014 at 04:43 AM.

Champion

Saw no time stamps, sorry.

then the other posters will be right: Your account is compromised. Look at your account, if there is the paypal account bound to. Cancel that, and contact your bank and credit card service... (as the others wrote already).

I would contact Trion to see if your account is abused and if they can ban it immediately!

Quote Originally Posted by badradical View Post
    it says the purchases were incomplete, so how are you charged all that money? or am i missing something?
    those that is listed as incomplete is after my account was emptied. it was alot of successfull ones before that which means someone is still trying to buy things from trion worlds with my card
    Last edited by Aedivia; 08-07-2014 at 04:42 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by badradical View Post
    Paypal got into the ******ed habit of pulling (or trying to pull) the money off your account/card right away, no matter the status of the transaction.
    Last edited by Ephir; 08-07-2014 at 04:44 AM.

thanks for all the tips guys, i think you are right and that someone somehow got a hold of my very old rift account and bought stuff for it which lead to my paypal being charged

i will contact trion support first, then my bank and then the police

Champion

So don't waste time here with being paniced.

Contact Trion, they should ban your account, you should get a new good password (I would not delete the account till this affair is brought to an end.)

Disband your Paypal account from the Trion paying methods, and your Credit Card from the paypal account too.

Contact your bank to give the purchases back and block your Credit Card instantly.

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    So don't waste time here with being paniced.

Contact Trion, they should ban your account, you should get a new good password (I would not delete the account till this affair is brought to an end.)

Disband your Paypal account from the Trion paying methods, and your Credit Card from the paypal account too.

Contact your bank to give the purchases back and block your Credit Card instantly.
    Trion should be able to issue refunds right there in live chat as well as ban the account. If they don't contact your bank and explain what happened to them.

Default well, that sucks - looks like your game account was hacked

Your Trion account probably still had paypal linked to it as a payment method.

Someone then got the password for your account and bought stuff.

Once authority is given, you can buy as much as you want in-game.

Well, one good thing came from your bad experience.

I checked and also had my paypal account still linked to Trion as a payment method - took it off right now.

I usually re-apply and delete payment methods as I need them.

thanks.

Sorry for your loss.
    Last edited by WockyCC; 08-07-2014 at 05:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Trion should be able to issue refunds right there in live chat as well as ban the account. If they don't contact your bank and explain what happened to them.
    thanks a bunch for the link to livechat. im talking to support now and they are helping me solve this

my account was compromised and the thief bought alot of ingame stuff with the paypal linked as payment method to my rift account

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast