Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Improved Auction House with 2.8

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1

Default Improved Auction House with 2.8

Auction House Highlights:
    • Improved searching (including search by stat)
    • Item previewing
    • Auction durations "short, medium, long" replaced with real time such as "23h, 51m"
    • Recommended prices
    • Price History
    • Buy individual items from a stack
    • Buy Orders
    • Relist auctions from your mail box

Easier to find what you're looking for:

Maybe you’re browsing the Auction House and only want to look at armor with Hit, now you can! In the Browse tab of the Auction House, there is a new filter which allows you to search for items by stats.

Players really liked the convenience of item previewing in the RIFT Store so we have incorporated that technology into the Auction House. Just like in the Store, you can now click on items to preview them such as armor, dyes, and dimension items.

Hate bidding? There is a new filter checkbox that allows you do hide all “bid only” auctions. Because I’m crafting now and who wants to wait until tomorrow to get materials delivered?

Buy parts of a stack:

Tired of having to buy a large stack of items when you only need one? You can now buy individual items out of a stack. Though if you still want to sell your items as a stack then you only need to turn it off when creating the auction.

Play the market:

We wanted to provide players with the tools to play the market effectively for any play style.

For casual players we have added Recommended Prices. When you create an auction the system will recommend a price for that item based on the current auctions and historical prices. Our hope with this feature is that if you don’t want to research how much an item is worth, then you don’t have to; we’ll do the work for you so you can go back to stabbing monsters in the face.

For the advanced users we have added in Price History. With the launch of 2.8 every transaction and listing on the Auction House will be tracked and displayed in the Price History chart. Before deciding to buy or sell that REX, players will see useful data including:
    • Amount of units sold per day
    • Average daily price range
    • 30 Day moving average
    • 7 Day moving average
    • Daily price range

You’ll be able to view up to one year’s worth of data (though it may take an hour or two to show up after the initial launch). Here is a great example of the chart displaying 6 months of real data for REX.

Previously all auctions only listed a generic time frame for how long it would remain posted. By watching when an item transitioned between states, addon users were able to calculate a much more precise time remaining, giving them a distinct advantage over regular users. We wanted to help even the playing field. For example; all auctions now display “23h, 51m” instead of “Long”.

Buy Orders:

A Buy Order is a posted request for specific items. As a dimensioneer, I often look for Decorative Red Sweetberries to add to my little farm. First I go to the Create Buy Orders tab in the Auction House. There are two ways to find the item.
    1. The item IS in my inventory, use right-click.
    2. The item is NOT in my inventory, use CTRL+Shift+Click on any item or item link.

Then I can list the amount and how much I’m willing to pay. After placing a Buy Order the Auction House will look through all the existing auctions that match my price and will immediately buy those auctions and send the items to me.

If a posted Buy Order is not fulfilled immediately, it will reside on the Auction House and with every new auction posted, the system will also check to see if it can be fulfilled. Other players will also be able to fulfill my Buy Order with items they have.

Are you a crafter and want to make some coin fulfilling Buy Orders? You can! The Browse Buy Orders tab has several very useful filters such as “Show only items I can craft.”

Relist auctions from your mail box:

When an auction expires, no longer do you have to run to run a gauntlet to relist your item. Gone are the days where you have to run to your mail box, claim the item, run back to the Auction House, research a new price, sacrifice a goat, etc. Now you can skip all of that because you can relist your auctions directly from your mail box. So easy!

Enjoy!

Update:
    Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Based on some of the feedback from this thread, as well as internal discussions on it, we'll be making the following changes for next week.

We'll be increasing the maximum number of hours that an auction can last, and be adjusting the pricing accordingly.

Short - 12 Hours - 0.75%
    Medium - 48 Hours - 2%
    Long - 168 Hours - 5%

~Daglar
    Last edited by CM Morgana; 08-06-2014 at 02:58 PM.

Soulwalker

Default Pumped Up AH

Looks great, will make things interesting for mat sellers especially, and also benefit those new to the game. !!!

Relist from mail seems like a really good idea!
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Sweet Berrys the best Item In the game

This is all so awesome. I value an update like this even more than a new dungeon tbh, great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Veldan View Post
    This is all so awesome. I value an update like this even more than a new dungeon tbh, great job!
    I do to it is actually the main part that I am excited for. I am not very good at playing the auction house but I love being able to set the buys and see what...ohh heck I LOVE everything with the new ah.

Love all the changes Gingers and the write-up! I'm very keen on seeing how this all turns out for the RIFT economy.

Shadowlander

I'm excited for this, I spend a lot of time on the AH, so seeing improvements is awesome, thanks!

Default Question

I love the AH improvements! Thank you! I love being able to just get one item now, but really love that I can still get the full price I need from a stack. Re-listing from the mailbox is def convenient. No more grabbing everything & having to head back to town when I'm not in the mood for that. No more having to leave stuff in the mailbox until I'am ready to head to town....& constantly seeing the mail icon pop up because I haven't emptied it yet.

I'm also glad to see the inspection changes. Now I won't have to tab out so much & stroke Google's ego more.

Question: This may be obvious to some, but...when purchasing one item from a stack, what amount am I paying? The unit price? For example, in the previewing picture there is a stack of 5 loaves of bread. If I buy the stack I pay 50p. If I bid I pay 25p. If I buy 1 from the stack do I pay the 5p or the 10p?
    NEW DISCOVERIES (9/2015) on Greybriar by Elleeander

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10

Quote Originally Posted by Tuasemper View Post
    Question: This may be obvious to some, but...when purchasing one item from a stack, what amount am I paying? The unit price? For example, in the previewing picture there is a stack of 5 loaves of bread. If I buy the stack I pay 50p. If I bid I pay 25p. If I buy 1 from the stack do I pay the 5p or the 10p?
    You cannot buy parts of a stack that have "bid" enabled.

Here is an old mockup that will help you see what I'm talking about:

When creating an auction, look at the "Auction Type" section on the left. When the checkbox is checked, only "buyout" is enabled. When that checkbox is off, then all 3 options are enabled.

So back to your original example, if that checkbox was on when that auction was created, you could buy 1 from the stack and it would charge the unit price.

I know we'll find out soon enough, but does this change make posting large volumes (not stacks) of items easier than the original one?

The biggest reason I used BananAH is that I could program it that right click meant undercut by 2%, then I'd just click post, and it would automatically move on to the next item, rinse and repeat. I post 150-200 items every other day, and without that it would take me way too long to be worth my time.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #12

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    I know we'll find out soon enough, but does this change make posting large volumes (not stacks) of items easier than the original one?

The biggest reason I used BananAH is that I could program it that right click meant undercut by 2%, then I'd just click post, and it would automatically move on to the next item, rinse and repeat. I post 150-200 items every other day, and without that it would take me way too long to be worth my time.
    Hopefully yes. With the new system, when you go to create an auction it currently defaults to the item's recommended price. Though we definitely want to hear feedback from users once people have had some time to use it and let us know about ways to improve it.

Awesome job here gingers looks amazing and what a guide.

Just a quick one. Is all the data from the previous year available right away or do we have to wait and gather it in real time?
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #14

Quote Originally Posted by Intim View Post
    Awesome job here gingers looks amazing and what a guide.

Just a quick one. Is all the data from the previous year available right away or do we have to wait and gather it in real time?
    Our Lead Engineer told me that it should take up to 2 hours after launch for that mass of data to show up but hopefully it will be sooner.

I really love most of these changes, but am very concerned about some of the unintended consequences of allowing people to buy part of a stack.

There are players (and there are also people botting) who farm mats and sell stacks and stacks of them. Often they are able to post them for very low prices, either because they want to sell high volume rather than concerning themselves with maintaining the viability of the market.

In the past, I could still sell my smaller stacks that I had gathered while out questing-- for a reasonable price (not the low prices of people flooding the market). That's because buyers would be willing to pay more per unit in order to avoid having to buy a full stack.

Now it looks like there will be no incentive for anyone to buy my mats unless I sell at the lowest price. Conversely, people and Botters who sell high volume at low prices will be able to corner the market, and I won't be able to compete with them.

You've done away with convenience buying, and reduced the market to one factor only: who's willing to sell for the lowest price?

In the case of many materials, this is going to crash the market value to ridiculously low levels.

Will buyers like it? Sure! But you're going to run a lot of casual sellers out of the market.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast