Closed Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Improved Auction House with 2.8

Soulwalker

AH doesn't work on Typhiria anymore. After clicking NPC AH opens and closes half sec after.

This is getting better and better. It's such a failure, that there's even no point in criticism, I guess.

I can only repeat: PLEASE, TRION, HIRE MORE (OR MORE PROFFESIONAL) DEVELOPERS

Is there a way to go around these silly forums no one apparently cares, and contact ppl responsible for managing the brand, customer satisfaction, etc.? Those who can fire/hire devs?

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by RaskJ View Post
    AH doesn't work on Typhiria anymore. After clicking NPC AH opens and closes half sec after.

This is getting better and better. It's such a failure, that there's even no point in criticism, I guess.

I can only repeat: PLEASE, TRION, HIRE MORE (OR MORE PROFFESIONAL) DEVELOPERS

Is there a way to go around these silly forums no one apparently cares, and contact ppl responsible for managing the brand, customer satisfaction, etc.? Those who can fire/hire devs?
    Or maybe you should read the announcement they made stating the the auction house is DISABLED ON EU SHARDS.
    Last edited by Ephir; 08-08-2014 at 08:20 AM.

Soulwalker

Thank you, Ephir, now it's all cool. Coz when it's stated 'we are disabling AH', not working AH is no longer problem for me.

I'm scared when I think of 3.0... Even mounts and porticulums won't work then, probably. Oh, sorry, I meant - they will be 'temporarily disabled'.
    Last edited by RaskJ; 08-08-2014 at 08:35 AM.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #124

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    I can't seem to figure out how to default to no partial buyout - I unselect it, but the next time it's selected again.
    That is a bug. Thanks for letting us know, I've passed it along to our UI engineer.

Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Just did my daily Bananah scan.. usually Faeblight has between 22 and 28 thousand auctions listed... currently 16340. I think by the end of the weekend it will be sub 10k. This will be worse than playing on Argent in the months leading up to its death knell when it comes to finding gear for alts and random crafting mats. Nice to also know I will likely never complete Unstable Dendrome now as nobody will be selling the spare artis, just turning them into dream ribbons which will likely be worth 10g each in a couple of weeks. And now with me unable to sell many of my potential moneymakers I likely won't be able to afford to buy the set anyway. With a long history of gaming and seeing many WTF moments in various MMO's this just takes the biscuit.

*Presents the Big Rigs award for most dumb decision ever*

Attachment 19576
    This is Working As Intended, believe it or not.

One of the goals that Daglar stated for this "new" AH was to decrease the number of "sub-optimal" auctions being posted.

(I haven't seen his definition of sub-optimal, but apparently it means anything that's priced above the Vendor price for the item. OK, that's an exaggeration-- but is it a big one? After all, the AH is giving "Recommended" prices that are lower than the Vendor price for some items. Yeah, I realize it's because someone else posted such a low auction, but that's no excuse. Not like they didn't see this coming-- I warned them myself.)
    Last edited by R0NlN; 08-08-2014 at 09:54 AM. Reason: typo

Shadowlander

Default Hate this Auction House

Listing fees, listing fees, listing fees.

Also, the default price used to be my previously entered, standard price. Now I have to change the price on every listing.

Plus, with ability to buy part of a stack there's no differentiation between bulk stacks vs individual or low-count stacks. A normal marketplace allows for a discount for buying bulk. This marketplace destroys the ability to list a small stack for a higher price.

Hate the whole thing.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #127

Quote Originally Posted by Deathrae View Post
    Also, the default price used to be my previously entered, standard price. Now I have to change the price on every listing.
    We are adding this option, we expect to have it in later this month. Below where you enter your price, there will be a drop down menu that allows you to set your default price setting, you will be able to choose from Suggested price, My last price, Blank.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    We are adding this option, we expect to have it in later this month. Below where you enter your price, there will be a drop down menu that allows you to set your default price setting, you will be able to choose from Suggested price, My last price, Blank.
    Gingers, would it be possible to tweak the "Allow purchases of partial stack" to remain unchecked once it's been unchecked? Right now, it's rechecked every time my AH toons open the AH window, and I don't ever want to sell partials.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #129

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Gingers, would it be possible to tweak the "Allow purchases of partial stack" to remain unchecked once it's been unchecked? Right now, it's rechecked every time my AH toons open the AH window, and I don't ever want to sell partials.
    Yes, it should stay however you set it but it is bugged and it isn't remembering how you set it. That's on the code side, I don't know exactly when it will be fixed but our UI engineer is aware of it and it is on his to-do list.

Yes, it should stay however you set it but it is bugged and it isn't remembering how you set it. That's on the code side, I don't know exactly when it will be fixed but our UI engineer is aware of it and it is on his to-do list.
    Oh, thanks! I'm glad it's a known issue that's on a list to fix. I'll just keep micromanaging that, I appreciate the info.

Cheers!

Soulwalker

Default Bots anyone ?

By allowing people to buy from the large stacks you encourage farming bots who will just list 99 of the item for far less than it's value and punish those who gather materials the fair and legal way by making us sell it for half of the fair market value. Between this and the total destruction of pyromage, I think it's time to go play somewhere that appreciates it's real players and not the bots.

It just hit me that the title of this thread is kinda... awkward? right now, with the AH's being down

;)

Shadowlander

Later this month? Why was the new AH push out before it was ready?

Rift Master

how about remembering the price if you reset it to something other than the blasted ah sets it when you are doing multiples of same item?

New and improved, not so much IMHO.

Shadowlander

Default create auction still brings up wrong items price

When posting an item the recommended price is not based on the type of augment used. Is this going to be fixed?

Closed Thread
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast