Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13
Like Tree248Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Improved Auction House with 2.8

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    I checked with the team and the durations we currently have is what we're staying with. Personally I am very fond of having 7 days as an option.

Also FYI, the dropdown that allows you to set your prices to your last used price went live today.
    I had feared that we were doomed to be stuck with two extremely useless times (12,7) because the ah is incapable of having more then three times. To bad you are inflexible with this part of the change as well because this multiplies the damage the new fee is producing thanks to the new automatic undercut feature.

With this answered I dread to ask the next astonishing question I encountered just now but do it anyway. Why is it not possible that I instant buy a partial stack if someone uses both, instant buy and bidding, for his auction?

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    I checked with the team and the durations we currently have is what we're staying with. Personally I am very fond of having 7 days as an option.

Also FYI, the dropdown that allows you to set your prices to your last used price went live today.
    I, too, would have been Very happy adding a 7 day option. However, the non-refundable listing fees make it too costly to use for much of anything that is worth anything, and the auto-undercutting makes it even moreso. Nope, the way it is, a 7 day option is pretty non-viable.

I'm pretty disappointed that you won't add 24 hours back. And the checkbox for partial buys is still not staying off when I check it off.
    Last edited by Narcise; 08-22-2014 at 07:25 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Is there some technical reason we cannot have 4 listing time options, so that 24 hours can be added back in? 12 hours seems pretty useless to me, and 7 days, with the higher fees and undercutting, seems ridiculous. The devs are obviously fond of those 2 listing options, so they stay I guess. Why not add in the one the players seem to prefer, the 24 hour option?
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Soulwalker

Default Broken AH

I know iīm late to complain on the new AH but i just get more and more furious with it.
    I been working the rune market, more specifically the item lvl 48-50 runes.
    I craft them and sometimes buy when they are at a low price and turn them around for profit.

This have been the bread and butter income for my chars for a long time even if i do sell other stuff as well.
    Now with the 7-day posting, the prices have just plummet with 70-80%. I think what should matter when it comes to making gold/plat on the AH is your time spend there and that you check your AH several times a day.

Itīs fair if you put a lot of time keeping track of the AH and ending up earning much more then other players, as itīs also fair that people putting all there time working there chars for say achievements rightfully have more of them.

Now any "lazy" player who canīt bother with monitoring AH can earn some gold and in the process, break the prices.
    We will all pay almost nothing for everything in the end and earn less.
    Great work on that devs

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbanana View Post
    I know iīm late to complain on the new AH but i just get more and more furious with it.
    I been working the rune market, more specifically the item lvl 48-50 runes.
    I craft them and sometimes buy when they are at a low price and turn them around for profit.

This have been the bread and butter income for my chars for a long time even if i do sell other stuff as well.
    Now with the 7-day posting, the prices have just plummet with 70-80%. I think what should matter when it comes to making gold/plat on the AH is your time spend there and that you check your AH several times a day.

Itīs fair if you put a lot of time keeping track of the AH and ending up earning much more then other players, as itīs also fair that people putting all there time working there chars for say achievements rightfully have more of them.

Now any "lazy" player who canīt bother with monitoring AH can earn some gold and in the process, break the prices.
    We will all pay almost nothing for everything in the end and earn less.
    Great work on that devs
    Hate to say it, but your complaints will fall on deaf ears. The general consensus is that profits are evil, the time you spend in game creating things is valueless, and any attempt to sell on the AH for more than firesale prices is nothing more than price-gouging of the masses.

Welcome to the new reality after THE CHANGE.
    Last edited by Dylbert; 08-25-2014 at 01:14 PM. Reason: spelling
    What I've Learned:
    1. Never ask a woman when the baby is due.
    2. Never, never tell a woman she looks good for her age.
    3. And most importantly, never, never, NEVER answer the question "Honey do these jeans make my butt look big?" with " It's not the jeans..."

Champion

Gingers, you might want to look into disallowing buy orders to be created for Bind on Pickup items. There are quite a few buy orders like this on Wolfsbane atm, and obviously it could be someone new to the game, but whether it is or isn't, the system shouldn't allow a buy order to be created for that type of item.

Dimensions on Wolfsbane

Apothecaria Lyceum & Retreat
    Weaver's Rest
    Setting the Scene Contest Entry: Lucy Looks into a Wardrobe

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    Gingers, you might want to look into disallowing buy orders to be created for Bind on Pickup items. There are quite a few buy orders like this on Wolfsbane atm, and obviously it could be someone new to the game, but whether it is or isn't, the system shouldn't allow a buy order to be created for that type of item.
    Wondering if there's anything to be done about this, or in process to fix? Still a bunch of stuff on the buy orders on WB....

Oh, and I'd really like a date for pushing the default to "off" for the partial buyout checkbox.

And I'm STILL not happy about the lack of a 24 hour option.
    Last edited by Narcise; 09-06-2014 at 04:27 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Wondering if there's anything to be done about this, or in process to fix? Still a bunch of stuff on the buy orders on WB....

Oh, and I'd really like a date for pushing the default to "off" for the partial buyout checkbox.

And I'm STILL not happy about the lack of a 24 hour option.
    The devs seem enamored with the 12 hr/ 7 day listings but that sure doesn't mean the players are. If Trion is going to rip the players off for fees, I think the least they could do is provide them with the time duration (24 hrs) that they prefer.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    The devs seem enamored with the 12 hr/ 7 day listings but that sure doesn't mean the players are. If Trion is going to rip the players off for fees, I think the least they could do is provide them with the time duration (24 hrs) that they prefer.
    Yeah, I'd noticed. Not really hopeful at this point. VERY bummed.

Telaran

Default Not sure how I feel

I do enjoy the new changes with the auction house. My concern is all the nickel and dime from Trion going on. Now with todays patch even the buyer pays at the auction house. I feel this game try's to bleed you dry as much as they can. Where does all this in game money they collect go to and why do they keep taking more and more from players?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by morikk View Post
    I do enjoy the new changes with the auction house. My concern is all the nickel and dime from Trion going on. Now with todays patch even the buyer pays at the auction house. I feel this game try's to bleed you dry as much as they can. Where does all this in game money they collect go to and why do they keep taking more and more from players?
    In game platinum goes no where it is destroyed when you pay an AH fee or buy something for plat. New plat is created when you finish a quest reward or get a cash loot drop.

Shadowlander

Default Getting to be a bit much

Please stop. The currency in this game, while not nearly as difficult to obtain as others, isn't as easy for many as is assumed (I am not in this group, I am in the higher-volume group). Adding pennies here and there is aggravating. The fees are not a valid Platinum sink and do nothing but irritate pretty much everyone, everywhere. Kill them all - completely - and get creative while thinking about how to tinker with something that, really, shouldn't be absorbing anywhere near this much thought-time.

Seriously.

Maybe add a few hundred more cool/interesting craftables. Want to improve the AH? Start with the intererface and make it so that people are more 'aware' of exactly what sort of thing can be purchased; maybe a 'did you know?' or 'Check out this interesting item (for example, a cake that transforms you).

Closed Thread
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13