Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Improved Auction House with 2.8

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Noshei View Post
    So while this is a nice feature, it would be really nice to have an option to also have it remember a price that we just listed an item at.

So say that the UI recommends I list item X at 3p 99s 99c, but I like prefer simpler numbers so I list my item at 3p even. If I then go to list another item X, it auto populates the price with the UI recommended value and not the price I just used.

This is an issue. It can and will likely result is people accidentally listing stuff at different prices than they intended, because it is a big change from the old system.

I would suggest changing the default action to be to use the recommended price unless that same item was recently listed at a different price than the recommended price (recently being within 3-6 hours).

Also, here's a fun UI bug for you:
    http://imgur.com/fEvGYIU

I had just listed a decent number of the Tasuil's World Tree Nectar (trying to gather information on the relist UI in the mail, for my mail addon).

P.S. Need addon API functions for the relist UI i believe, I've already talked to Ben about this.
    This is my complaint exactly. I hate the AH. To me a necessary evil I use rarely. But when I do it is to empty a backlog of similar stuff. I tried to do it fast like I always do. No go. It took much longer because the blasted thing kept trying to tell me what price to charge instead of what I input the first time. Looking back I had at least three different prices on the same thing. It's a pita and will undercut severely just to get rid of the stuff. If possible I will vendor the crap and eliminate it from the game.
    Last edited by tirza; 08-12-2014 at 06:02 AM.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #152

Quote Originally Posted by Islesi View Post
    Well, it's nice to have the names of sellers back at least. That's a major concern of mine dealt with because knowing my competitors is half the battle (who says the AH can't be PvP? ;) )

I thought there was supposed to be some way of toggling the automatically generated price for an item between lowest -1 silver to last user input? Or is that coming in a later update?

AH listing tax is still ridiculous.
    The drop down that will allow you to select which price you want to default to (suggested price, your last price, or blank) is still being worked on. Expect it later this month.

Shadowlander

Default A few UI suggestions

Since you seem to be responding to suggestions on this thread (and Thank You for that ), I have a couple of thoughts. I'm not a big AH user, but I do post crafting mats for sale.

First, the Price History is wonderful information to have, thanks. When I'm unsure what price to set, I'd like to look at current posts and current Buy Orders, but there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid having to re-enter the name of the item. I'd like to just be able to click the Browse Buy Orders tab and have it display the relevant orders.

A couple of word choice issues: "Recommended" price is nothing but "Undercut," and should not be masquerading as something that I assumed somehow took into account price history or something. Call it what it is, "Undercut." Even "Suggested" would be better than "Recommended" -- at least it doesn't make you look like you want people to undercut each other.

Second, why label the tab for posting something, "Create"? Create what? Is there something wrong with what I think it used to say -- "Post"? Don't rename things for fun, it's confusing.

Thanks for all the hard work,

Selim of Faeblight

Rift Disciple

not sure if its been mentoioned yet but the Stat selection doesn't work at all

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #155

Quote Originally Posted by Selim of Faeblight View Post
    Since you seem to be responding to suggestions on this thread (and Thank You for that ), I have a couple of thoughts. I'm not a big AH user, but I do post crafting mats for sale.

First, the Price History is wonderful information to have, thanks. When I'm unsure what price to set, I'd like to look at current posts and current Buy Orders, but there doesn't seem to be any way to avoid having to re-enter the name of the item. I'd like to just be able to click the Browse Buy Orders tab and have it display the relevant orders.

A couple of word choice issues: "Recommended" price is nothing but "Undercut," and should not be masquerading as something that I assumed somehow took into account price history or something. Call it what it is, "Undercut." Even "Suggested" would be better than "Recommended" -- at least it doesn't make you look like you want people to undercut each other.

Second, why label the tab for posting something, "Create"? Create what? Is there something wrong with what I think it used to say -- "Post"? Don't rename things for fun, it's confusing.

Thanks for all the hard work,

Selim of Faeblight
    Your welcome When players post calm and constructive posts that I can answer then I usually do.

Being able to see the current auctions and buy orders of the item you are listing is something we do have planned for the far future.

As for recommended price, we are actually changing the wording it to be "suggested price". It isn't labeled as undercut because if the item isn't currently being sold then yes it does look into the price history.

Soulwalker

Default speaking of suggestions...

i doubt i'd be considered a "power seller" in the AH, but it certainly was a major source of in-game income for me. i'd run around the countryside, gathering artifacts while doing quests (and without benefit of using my Patron artifact tracking pots - i have a well-developed memory for places to look, plus an incurable need to explore areas just to see if i can actually reach that spot up there in case something shiny is hiding).

now that we are being informed that artifacts appear to be "sub-optimal" items to list in the AH, a major source of my income (and a MAJOR source of my in-game enjoyment) has effectively been cut out. so the probability of me buying my next REX for another crafting skill slot or other personal improvement has likely been postponed indefinitely... or at least dragged out to an exponentially longer period until i can garner enough plat once again.

i'm a loner as a player - not too big on doing dungeons, participate in PvP only when actively forced to by questing requirements. there's little joy to be had now in tracking down my shinies since using the AH has become a punitive action against players.

just what do you suggest i do to revive my sense of enjoyment in the game? i'm certainly not coming up with much in the way of answers.

i've been a Patron since Beta, so it's not like i haven't invested myself and my time in the game. RIFT has many features that i absolutely loved and fit my play-style perfectly. but currently my playing time is next to nothing, and i'm beginning to think it's time to start searching for a brand new home.

Shadowlander

To say that what we have now is an improved auction house is subjective...personally I think its garbo myself but hey you know what they say about opinions...they're like @!%#%5s everyone's got one ;p

Telaran

i'm sure this has been said a dozen times, but i'm dead certain people can agree with this...right now, we can't search runes by stat; please fix this trion, it'd be a wonderful feature to have, instead of having to dig through pages upon pages to figure out what it is you need.
    Kherae@Deepwood
    Nyrne@Deepwood
    Rampancy@Deepwood
    Aereyn@Deepwood
    (Disclaimer: Characters are updated once in two blue moons.)

Champion of Telara

Default One thing with Buy Orders

Currently You can only create a buy order for something you already have. This makes it useless for someone wanting a crafted seal, rare mount, artifact to complete a collection.

You need to be able to create Buy Orders for items not in your inventory.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #160

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post
    Currently You can only create a buy order for something you already have. This makes it useless for someone wanting a crafted seal, rare mount, artifact to complete a collection.

You need to be able to create Buy Orders for items not in your inventory.
    You can, just use Ctrl+Shift+Click on any item or item link when the auction house is open. The UI also says this on the Create Buy Orders tab and the tutorial.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    You can, just use Ctrl+Shift+Click on any item or item link when the auction house is open. The UI also says this on the Create Buy Orders tab and the tutorial.
    Oh that's where you failed, you expected people to read things.

Ahh thanks, I missed that one.

A little side note, I was browsing buy orderes and noticed that I needed to ctrl+shift+click on the icon of the item. Clicking the textfield/line does not do add a buy order.

Is that an error or intended?
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ........... Whatever ..............

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #163

Quote Originally Posted by TriX View Post
    Ahh thanks, I missed that one.

A little side note, I was browsing buy orderes and noticed that I needed to ctrl+shift+click on the icon of the item. Clicking the textfield/line does not do add a buy order.

Is that an error or intended?
    That is intended.

Soulwalker

Hi Gingers, you must be tired now with all the long days on this project. In post #108, I had pointed out some issues and suggestions but have not seen any attention to those. Since this seems to be your pet project at this time, I was hoping you could look into these as they relate directly with the AH functions.

One of the issues listed that I continue to see as critical for players at this time is how the AH is sorting our posts. Since most buyers ignore the time and buy from the top of the list, this sorting should always be done with the shortest time at each given price at the top; however, this is only rarely occurring and there does not seem to be any consistency to the sorting. As an example, in the image below you can see the sort is for price, it also shows how the items with a longer time (newer posts) are over the shorter times assuring that those older posts will have a greatly reduced chance of selling which in turn will lose the players deposits.

Improved Auction House with 2.8-2014-08-16_073702-ah-sort.jpg

It seems like the logical sorts should always be:
    1) Sales price - lowest at the top (this part is working at this time) unless sorting for high price.
    2) Time remaining at a given price - shortest at the top > Does it randomly now.

If this is not your area of expertise, would you please forward this to the right people to look at it?

Champion of Telara

For example 0 I want to buy a Seal for my mage and want to put a Buy Order in for Carat Coruscation because no one is listing it on the AH. I don't have the item or a ready Item link in order to ctrl+shift+click on. I can't link this item from the store, that only has the recipe and beside opening the AH closes the store.

Same would happen if you had lock box and needed a key to get it. Without the actual item or someone linking the item you cannot create a Buy Order.

What am I supposed to do? Spam chat to get someone to link it so I can place a buy order? Randomly Inspect people until I find someone wearing it and hope they don't port away and break my inspection?
    Last edited by Tollwutig; 08-16-2014 at 07:06 AM.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast