Closed Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree248Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Improved Auction House with 2.8

Is the ah only capable to offer three different auction lenghts? Because the new times we now get are not that practicable.

12 hours: Never used it before. Way to short to get all interested people playing at different times over the day.

7 days: For 95% of the items sellable in the ah this time can be instantly thrown out of the window. There is so much priceflow and undercutting (with the new feature intensified) going on that it makes absolutely no sense to use this time at all because they will not sell. Additionally it will only clog up my 200 limit because I don't want to cancel it thanks to the overpriced listing fee. Only for the extremely rare things with a price of 1000p or more it may be useable.

48 hours: The only somewhat useable time. But still vulnerable to the new undercutting feature.

Before the change I only used the 24 hours time. It was up even to the people playing at odd times of the day. You could react fast enough to competition and adjust the price on the next day without canceling the item or stop putting it back if the price got to low. I really would like to have this 24 hours back as additional time. But with all the technical problems behind the ah and the equiped blinders it will be probably a wishful dream.

To me it seems that this is another hasty reaction to cover up the bad 2.8 ah decisions which was not fully thought out. It might even backfire and will surely not contribute to smooth the problems out.

Soulwalker

Default New AH deposits too hgih

These new listing fees are ridiculous. I understand there has to be gold sinks to curb inflation, but in a game like this there is no real way to stop inflation as there is no cap on money creation. All that is going to happen is prices on AH will go up to cover the losses from deposits, and less items will be posted because of this as well. More people spamming trade channels to save on cost (like SPAM is a good thing?). I have seen this game go from good, to bad to worse...this is just another reason to stop playing this game. Undoubtedly this AH change will drive players from the game (ah system is already screwed up but now is worse). I would think that TRION would like to bring in more players, not push them out. The AH should be a place where people can trade items without being punished for listing things. As it is undercutting is rampant so you have to post items frequently if you want a small amount of the item to sell. As far as high end items that cost much plat, forget it! Why would i post something that might take 1-4 weeks to sell and pay tons of deposit fees.

Generally speaking high server load is good, it means many people are playing...possibly a sign to increase resources to handle this load. But I agree these AH changes will decrease server load for sure, with less people playing and less revenue for TRION.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    Is the ah only capable to offer three different auction lenghts? Because the new times we now get are not that practicable.

12 hours: Never used it before. Way to short to get all interested people playing at different times over the day.

7 days: For 95% of the items sellable in the ah this time can be instantly thrown out of the window. There is so much priceflow and undercutting (with the new feature intensified) going on that it makes absolutely no sense to use this time at all because they will not sell. Additionally it will only clog up my 200 limit because I don't want to cancel it thanks to the overpriced listing fee. Only for the extremely rare things with a price of 1000p or more it may be useable.

48 hours: The only somewhat useable time. But still vulnerable to the new undercutting feature.

Before the change I only used the 24 hours time. It was up even to the people playing at odd times of the day. You could react fast enough to competition and adjust the price on the next day without canceling the item or stop putting it back if the price got to low. I really would like to have this 24 hours back as additional time. But with all the technical problems behind the ah and the equiped blinders it will be probably a wishful dream.

To me it seems that this is another hasty reaction to cover up the bad 2.8 ah decisions which was not fully thought out. It might even backfire and will surely not contribute to smooth the problems out.
    Yes, this is a problem for me. I don't do 12 hour auctions - I start playing early (7 am Mountain Time US) but by 5 pm I'm done. So 12 hours is not a good fit. 48 hours - eh, way too many undercutters - promoted by Trion's "new" AH - also not a good fit.

Give me back 24 hours. Please.

Telaran

Yes, 24 hours, please.

Soulwalker

Default Units Sold

Question: in the price history, is the 'units sold' figure based on actual sales or auctions listed?

Default bids

Is there a way with the new auction house to see if someone has bid on an item I have up for bid only? With the old one I would see a player name if they had bid on an item of mine.
    thelarry@greybriar

Soulwalker

Well ah was down for several days, the changes nuked the items in the ah (no one with brain will sell there from now on), the reason for having platinum was wiped away with that change, due to the fact that there is nothing of worth in the ah to spend platinum on it...i would not call this an improvement. It is crap! Simple and fact. The only improvement would be to fire the I..... who came up with that stupid idea.
    Dolor Intellegere Adjuvat

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #143

Quote Originally Posted by Esran View Post
    Question: in the price history, is the 'units sold' figure based on actual sales or auctions listed?
    It is based on actual sales.

Some other trends besides the dwindling auctions and the unfortunate lenghts could be already seen in the last few days:
    • Nobody uses the bid option anymore if the item is directly buyable. So no more buying at a reduced rate if you are willing to wait for the auction to end.

• Whenever I look into the ah there are always less then 100 buy order. And nearly all of them have absolut silly price offers (high end equip 3p, orange lockbox 5p, mats 1g). Trion wanted the useless auctions gone. Now we get more of these at the buy orders and they are laughing about any tax because of the absurd low prices they ask.

• The price of rex is now at a minimum of 2000 to 2500p if there is any rex at the ah at all.

• Level 60 and 1-29 chats get much harder to follow with each day. Especially if you are searching for a specific group in the 60 chat at the main hours.

• Since the update the game got much more lag then I experienced ever in the last months. Extremely notable in the main hours which I didn't have before the update. Also didn't they say the ah would be faster with less auctions? It's still at the same speed of searches then before.

Gingers, is there any way that the problem with the AH flinging you back to the top of the page when you buy things in quick succession can be fixed.

I often buy a lot of artifacts one after another with the help of the handy "usable only" checkbox. But if I'm halfway down the page, and I start buying things too quickly it will fling me back to the top, I lose my place, and have to either go back and read chat to make sure I don't buy repeats, or go to the mailbox, collect and consume them, and start over.

A quick question for Gingers too: Will there also be a playername addition for buy orders like you returned for the auctions?

Quote Originally Posted by Kherae View Post
    whether they did or not, the listing fee is ridiculous. especially since the damn interface is quirky. I clicked teh radio button to change an item's duration, and the first time it created the auction instead...ate up 4 plat. they'd be better off taking an example from WoW; flimsy little penny fees for posting, 30% AH cut to reduce the gold supply...because currently, giant fees on posting just discourage AH use in general.
    WoW's auction house doesn't work like that... It charges you the cost to vendor the item as a deposit, and then you get that deposit back on successful sale, and the auction house takes only a 5% cut.

I have mixed feelings on this. On one hand I think it should definitely be encouraged to do direct P2P trading over the auction house via some sort of AH tax, but it being entirely on the successful sale rather than an initial deposit can be an issue. Part of the problem with WoW charging mere "pennies" (it charges the price to vendor the item as a deposit) is many items get listed repeatedly for hundreds of gold when they're worth not even 10 gold just because one of these items successfully selling to some lazy guy more than makes up for posting hundreds of these items unsuccessfully. That is, it encourages "merchanting" and terrible pricing. Whereas some sort of fee or penalty on listing it encourages pricing it at a realistic level. Not saying it couldn't be reduced though.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #148

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    A quick question for Gingers too: Will there also be a playername addition for buy orders like you returned for the auctions?
    It was very easy to add in the name to the auctions because the old code was still there. We do plan on adding the same into the buy orders eventually but not right away because it will require new code.

Soulwalker

Great, just great.

I've bought the 1250 credit Rex JUST SO I could unlock the function of AH, sell off some of my items and make some money to survive.

Now Trion implemented this new deposit fee system to screw us over. I still lose money whether I sell off my items or not. This is not worth it at all.

Was gonna spend some more money on souls, character upgrades and such but it seems like everything is not worth it now, congrats Trion you just lost another paying customer.

Gonna boycott the game and not buy credits anymore.

Prophet of Telara

Well, it's nice to have the names of sellers back at least. That's a major concern of mine dealt with because knowing my competitors is half the battle (who says the AH can't be PvP? ;) )

I thought there was supposed to be some way of toggling the automatically generated price for an item between lowest -1 silver to last user input? Or is that coming in a later update?

AH listing tax is still ridiculous.
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Closed Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast