+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree42Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New costume bundles laughable

i don't want to complain because i'm sure people worked hard to set it all up, but those are the most thrown together non-summer costumes i ever saw.

a purple duck, some teehee pink clothes, some bad spellblade thing, a cowboy, and that yellow costume. i'm sorry people, but you are not creative.

but the cloaks and weapons are very good.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    In the end it came down to collated numbers as most contests often do so everyone is treated fairly. I wrote this article to support the variety of choices from each of us Judges and to thank the entrants:

RDD Article: Kiwi's Top 10

..and thank you Cupcakey for continuing to clear up knowledge I sometimes do not have time to remember correctly, either way that also takes time and Spellblade chest piece is EI rep hence the (etc). Much appreciated.
    thanks for that article, i particularly liked number eight, love how the colors come together in that.

The concept art contest resulted in some great designs. The costume contest had more disappointing results. Was it really due to a lack of participation? I had an outfit I was considering entering. Now I wish I had.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Isle Hunter's Crown from the Deity costume has nothing to do with EI rep. It's a reward from killing all 20 rares on Ember Isle, [url=http://www.rifthead.com/achievement/1347926763/great-beasts-fear-my-name]Great Beasts Fear My Name
    Yep, and I spent a month chasing down those rares just for the hat. On top of that, it was a tedious forced to PVE situation.

I appreciate the intentions of the contest and the people who set it up but unfortunately I have to agree some of these winners are.. bad, in my taste. I like the Summer Deity one; the warm colors and combination of the dress and crown work well. Not a big fan of the shoulders. Summer Shimmy is okay minus the hat, kinda reminds me of some sort of Daisy Duke thing. The other 3 baffle me.. especially Duck Caller.
    Duh.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithful86 View Post
    I appreciate the intentions of the contest and the people who set it up but unfortunately I have to agree some of these winners are.. bad, in my taste. I like the Summer Deity one; the warm colors and combination of the dress and crown work well. Not a big fan of the shoulders. Summer Shimmy is okay minus the hat, kinda reminds me of some sort of Daisy Duke thing. The other 3 baffle me.. especially Duck Caller.
    Each to their own. Like the Daisy Duke hat. I'm a real fan of the conceptual art contest. That wasn't an assemble your own outfit but original art work. The capes are. Bind on pick up, but I had to get a few pair of my favorites. They saw me coming.

long live the duck wrangler

apparently i forgot about the contest moments after entering
    stormhak stormbar stormkvinde kagestorm stormelver

Quote Originally Posted by Rahak View Post
    long live the duck wrangler

apparently i forgot about the contest moments after entering
    Yeah, must be the be the video linked to your post. I lost track of what I was doing once I clicked it too.....
    "If a raging brute is what they want, then I will not disappoint..."

- Atrophinius -

- In nomine patris, et filii, et spiritus Sanctum... - [/FONT]

Champion

New costume bundles laughable-2014-07-24_002040.jpgNew costume bundles laughable-2014-07-24_004600.jpgNew costume bundles laughable-2014-07-24_004614.jpg

heres some nice shots of my mage earlier today ( he has new cape u hardly see but i like the void cape goes well with darker dyed armour) and yes he is holding new designed staff ( I'm on low quality at the moment lag was unbearable for me)

below are of my rogue ( top is all black dye with rank90 rogue set wardrobe) then below that is before the dye , and below that is my mage again in black dyed icebound armour , helm replaced with salvarola's helm. whatcha think? XD ( i know they're not summer wear but they look great despite me not having the game on MAX settings , this is on my iMac thats going on 8 years old running off of crossover :P = not too bad right?

New costume bundles laughable-2014-07-23_184542.jpgNew costume bundles laughable-2014-07-20_024207.jpgNew costume bundles laughable-2014-07-18_011628.jpg

I'm quite happy with the Glasswing Shroud, however I wish it flittered outwards when jumping.

Outside of that, all but one of the costume bundles are just plain NOT-SUMMER and many are just so incredibly ugly. I'm tempted to enter the next contest and absolutely annihilate the competition if these are the true 'winners'.

I'm also sick of all the black costumes. Save them for halloween, where they belong. I was hoping to see more flaming robes or lifeguard attire. But no, we get a pop star parody and a FRIGGIN' DUCK.

Excuse me while I go 'genesis torrent' in the loo,

Greenscale
    "Those Lil Luggos smell SO delicious! I must have them..." - Lord Greenscale

Quote Originally Posted by Nuuli View Post
    Each to their own. Like the Daisy Duke hat. I'm a real fan of the conceptual art contest. That wasn't an assemble your own outfit but original art work. The capes are. Bind on pick up, but I had to get a few pair of my favorites. They saw me coming.
    Oh I forgot to clarify, my comment was solely reflecting on the costume bundle summer stuff. The concept design things are awesome! Definitely gonna be getting my hands on those weapons.
    Duh.

The problem with this contest was literally the contest itself, how do you make a theme out of Summer with the current Wardrobes available in RIFT. How do you even define a 'summer wardrobe', it's about having fun on a holiday, I don't think there's anything in particular that would define it and thus you're left with this kind of result.

I myself didn't enter it because I knew I wasn't going to be able to make something great for both males and females, there's just not enough wardrobes out there currently that really portrays 'summer' in a defined way.

In my personal opinion as I play a male avatar, the summer contest wardrobe actually looks horrible in all honesty. I'm actually really glad that Goddess of Summer took 1st place, because I can't really see a great theme coming from the others considering a majority of them just tossed on a couple of bikinis and shorts as I already expected.

Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi View Post
    ..and thank you Cupcakey for continuing to clear up knowledge I sometimes do not have time to remember correctly, either way that also takes time and Spellblade chest piece is EI rep hence the (etc). Much appreciated.
    Considering you can shard hop around, it doesn't take much time.

the real question is why are all the costume weapons 2handers? rogues can't use a single one

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #30
    Rift Team

That particular contest was for staff and two handed swords only. However we are probably going to add matching one handed versions for this reason.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast