+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What is currently the rarest mount?

Default What is currently the rarest mount?

Just like in World of Warcraft I enjoyed collecting mounts, especially rare ones. So what mount is currently difficult to obtain?

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Mooncurse View Post
    Just like in World of Warcraft I enjoyed collecting mounts, especially rare ones. So what mount is currently difficult to obtain?
    Probably the unicorns since no one really liked them. Most of the Event mount skins are probably the rarest. There are also a few old world achievement ones that are rare.

The truly Rarest mount is only obtained by purchasing a special edition of the Storm Legion expansion a year ago prior to the game going F2P. They temporarily added it the Ascend a Friend store but took it off since it was supposed to be unique to those individuals.

Just a word of warning Trion will take the SFX off of a popular mount and sell it on the Rift store for credits, so no mount is truly ever rare for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post

The truly Rarest mount is only obtained by purchasing a special edition of the Storm Legion expansion a year ago prior to the game going F2P. They temporarily added it the Ascend a Friend store but took it off since it was supposed to be unique to those individuals.
    They didn't remove it, they just renamed it. It's the same mount, just instead of being called Cyclone it is now Typhoon.

Champion of Telara

Another Rare mount, only available to Devs on PTS, but we'll see it in 3.0

Ascendant

There were a few mounts that were rare drops as part of world events, but some of those made appearances on the store and are somewhat less rare as a result.

That shark is amazing... Curious would the reaper mount be available in the store anytime soon?

Quote Originally Posted by xanduin246 View Post
    They didn't remove it, they just renamed it. It's the same mount, just instead of being called Cyclone it is now Typhoon.
    Wrong mount.

Cyclone was from the Infinity Edition of Storm Legion.
    Landslide was from the Storm Chaser's pack (the pre-order + one year sub). Landslide is unavailable in the game anywhere but that, and as the poster stated they re-colored the AaF version.

Odd they didn't change the Cyclone version though.

Ascendant

The only true rare mount is probably the red-tier loyalty mount.
    Ascendend a friend mounts are rarer than most of the random boxes mounts (Walkers/Budgets/Kirins ect), and other than that there's cyclone but there's no guarantee that Trion will not recolor/rename/resell cyclone... just like they did with Ember Steed.

The Red Tier Loyalty Nightmare mount or any of the mounts from the Robot Quartermaster (white unicorn, black mech, ash budgie).

The planebreaker Bastion conq mount is semi rare as not alot of guilds have conq yet. The mount changes color to match your characters hair.
    Last edited by Boase; 07-22-2014 at 01:48 PM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Shield of Telara WriteThemWrong's Avatar

It's a secret...SHHH

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Wrong mount.

Cyclone was from the Infinity Edition of Storm Legion.
    Landslide was from the Storm Chaser's pack (the pre-order + one year sub). Landslide is unavailable in the game anywhere but that, and as the poster stated they re-colored the AaF version.

Odd they didn't change the Cyclone version though.
    Ah I forgot about Landslide. I'd be hesitant to call a recolor not the same thing, but at least it's not just a rename.

Most expensive in AH is VOLT!
    Last edited by Furyon13; 07-22-2014 at 02:29 PM.

I'm not sure if there is a single rarest mount; but there are still a lot of mounts in the game that are pretty rare. The Cinder Hellbug is another extra rare mount. It was only available in the game for a total period of two days; and it depended entirely on luck.

Keep a watch out for a world event called Mayhem in Mathosia: Scarface Reach and Scarlet Gorge; as completion of zone events in those two zones have a small chance of dropping a Cinder Hellbug mount into your loot bag while the world event is running.

There is also the Toxic Hellbug mount, though it isn't as rare as it used to be. Numerous account-wide codes have been given out for the mount in live-streams since it was added into the game over a year ago; plus it has showed up in the RIFT store at least once for 4000 credits.

The Toxic Hellbug mount also has a very slim chance of dropping into your RIFT loot bag after completion of hellbug-related activities; but you are better off getting the account-wide version from the store or from getting your name drawn during a live-stream; though I am not 100% sure on this, I think codes for the mount aren't being given away as often as they used to. It's still a very cool mount to have in your collection though.
    *muffled ayy lmaoing in the distance*

Quote Originally Posted by Tollwutig View Post

Another Rare mount, only available to Devs on PTS, but we'll see it in 3.0
    I'm sorry, when I see that, I think of Syfy and those Sharknado movies. lol!
    Last edited by Nuuli; 07-22-2014 at 02:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    Most expensive in AH is VOLT!
    They fluctuate in prices. I've picked up two for under five thousand platinum.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast