+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: What is currently the rarest mount?

The Ash Strider that could be obtained during the world event for the Ashes of History patch and the Mossy Tartagon that could be obtained during the world event for Legacy of the Fallen patch would be pretty rare to see by now I would think. I have heard the Ash Strider can still be gotten as a rare loot drop from Ember Isle instant adventures. Not sure if the Mossy Tartagon can be gotten in any way.

The Ash Strider remains one of my favorite mounts in the game.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    The Ash Strider that could be obtained during the world event for the Ashes of History patch and the Mossy Tartagon that could be obtained during the world event for Legacy of the Fallen patch would be pretty rare to see by now I would think. I have heard the Ash Strider can still be gotten as a rare loot drop from Ember Isle instant adventures. Not sure if the Mossy Tartagon can be gotten in any way.

The Ash Strider remains one of my favorite mounts in the game.
    There are some extremely rare mounts from other instant adventures (Shimmersand and Stillmoor both drop a mount). They're the old notoriety mounts that were removed (back when you could pick between 1-3 colors).

Plane Touched

reaper mount

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    They fluctuate in prices. I've picked up two for under five thousand platinum.
    Lucky! It never seems to go under 9-10K plat in Laethys

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    There are some extremely rare mounts from other instant adventures (Shimmersand and Stillmoor both drop a mount). They're the old notoriety mounts that were removed (back when you could pick between 1-3 colors).

As far as I know, these 2 mounts are the rarest in game. I haven't seen anyone with them and Ive seen plenty of all the ones other people have posted in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by FlaminBurrito View Post
    I'm not sure if there is a single rarest mount; but there are still a lot of mounts in the game that are pretty rare. The Cinder Hellbug is another extra rare mount. It was only available in the game for a total period of two days; and it depended entirely on luck.

Keep a watch out for a world event called Mayhem in Mathosia: Scarface Reach and Scarlet Gorge; as completion of zone events in those two zones have a small chance of dropping a Cinder Hellbug mount into your loot bag while the world event is running.

There is also the Toxic Hellbug mount, though it isn't as rare as it used to be. Numerous account-wide codes have been given out for the mount in live-streams since it was added into the game over a year ago; plus it has showed up in the RIFT store at least once for 4000 credits.

The Toxic Hellbug mount also has a very slim chance of dropping into your RIFT loot bag after completion of hellbug-related activities; but you are better off getting the account-wide version from the store or from getting your name drawn during a live-stream; though I am not 100% sure on this, I think codes for the mount aren't being given away as often as they used to. It's still a very cool mount to have in your collection though.
    Ya I don't see many others with the Cinder Hellbug, I think I got mine in Moonshade during Hellbug mayhem there.

Ascendant

this one would still be rare I think. drops in the ROS chronicle, never saw anyone else using it.
    that could be coz its kinda ugly though
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

There's the original Swift Murdantix Spawn mount drop from the HK opening event, it was the only 110% mount that had no level requirement, allowing brand new characters to get a 110% mount. The current HK Chronicle drops a differently named version of this mount.

The spectral horse/warhorse mounts come from the RoS Chronicles, I've had one drop on PTS, but of course it never showed its face on Live.

The old mossy two-headed turtle's pretty rare to see these days, but then again so are all of the turtle mounts. I can't tell if people don't have them or if they just don't like them.

Raid Conquerer mounts from ID and PB are still rare. I only really ever see the Infernal Strider on old school raiders. Stuff's still too hard for random pugs to pull off even if the raid's lv 50.

Christmas decorated reindeer mounts are kinda sparse.

I got one of the Stillmoore IA mounts on my alt =_= and it was BoP, so I couldn't ship it over to my main.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Some of the mounts I mentioned:

Swift Murdantix Spawn
    Spoiler!

Ancient Murdantix Spawn
    Spoiler!

Infernal Strider
    Spoiler!

Swift Forrest Najmok Reigns (Stillmoore IA)
    Spoiler!

Armored Strider (EI Rep mount, kinda rare to see them these days too)
    Spoiler!
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

in no particular order:

*Toxic Hellbug

*Ghost Pony from the ROS Chronicle

*Ash Strider (still a very rare drop from Instant Adventures, originally from Ashes of History patch)

*Mossy Tartagon (no clue if it drops still from IAs, originally from Legacy of the Fallen patch)

*Nightmare (horse) from Black Tier Loyalty- not a rare drop, but not many people have that loyalty yet.
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Ruby Ki Rin Mount.

I have yet to see someone with a non-glowing version.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Ruby Ki Rin Mount.

I have yet to see someone with a non-glowing version.
    Challenge accepted good sir

Some of the previously mentioned mounts:

Mossy Tartagon from 1.4 Legacy of the Fallen world event
    What is currently the rarest mount?-mossy-tartagon.jpg

Ash Strider from 1.5 Ashes of History world event and Ember Isle Instant Adventures drop
    What is currently the rarest mount?-ash-strider.jpg

And I almost never see people on Rumble, the ascend-a-friend mount for 3000 referral coins. I'm quite possibly the only one who likes it.
    What is currently the rarest mount?-rumble.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Irishae View Post
    And I almost never see people on Rumble, the ascend-a-friend mount for 3000 referral coins. I'm quite possibly the only one who likes it.
    Attachment 19310
    My friend who purchased that mount also prefers that version to the Landslide one; and same goes for me. The color scheme reminds me of Crucia.
    *muffled ayy lmaoing in the distance*

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Challenge accepted good sir
    http://i.imgur.com/ub1pusS.jpg
    That makes one!

I guess in mentioning referral rewards; the Void Nebula is also a mount I haven't seen anyone ride.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast