+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree451Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How can Rift be better? Taking it to Trion Edition!

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    I understand pvp isn't Trion's main focus but at least listening to our opinions would be appreciated
    It would probably help if you constructively gave feedback instead of consistently trolling and having blatant disrespect for developers and community members. Just a tip.

Default Improvements to RIFT

I really hope that Trion takes note of this thread and all the posters who have given suggestions. You guys have done your work. Now it's up to Trion to hear you out.

I started playing RIFT last July and then purchased a 1 year Patron subscription in September. I spent a ton of money on RIFT also purchasing credits and other items through the store to quickly try to catch up to friends that were playing. I really like the game and what it offers in comparison and contrast to other mmorpg games. However, I recently canceled my subscription early and haven't logged in in over a week due to performance issues.

Everyone knows about those, so I don't need to get into detail.

Now don't think I'm just picking on RIFT. I love RIFT. I like the better character details, the lore, and everything it has to offer. I spent over $800 on the game in under 11 months, which shows that I had as much interest and love for the game as anyone else. That also proves how effective and helpful Trion's F2P system actually is.

But, I chose to quit and play other games and spend my money there instead of into RIFT, where I spent as much time complaining about the poor performance, as I did playing the game. But I want to still pay close attention to RIFT, because if any big positive changes happen, I would definitely come back and play.

I guess the time is nigh and we will learn the fate of this thread in due course. I suppose we have another 12 hrs to 18 hrs so get your ideas in folks and cross your fingers it's worthy of a mention.
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    I'm leaving in 69 days when my patron status expires. You all can continue the old lady and depends jokes. I just can't handle it anymore. Such has destroyed my gaming experience to the point that I dread logging into Kittyhawke. I can't even stomach doing any of the PVP weeklies this week. (But that's just my guess)
    69 days... lol

Patron... lol

"PvP" weeklies... lol
    Last edited by BuffNightBlade; 07-29-2014 at 11:06 AM.

Not sure why that is funny.

The "hardcore PvP" crowd is already pretty small and does not show signs of ever getting bigger or better. Driving other players away from the game is counterproductive and idiotic.

aahhhh hell yes here we go.

The white knight QQing was getting boring.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    It would probably help if you constructively gave feedback instead of consistently trolling and having blatant disrespect for developers and community members. Just a tip.
    Nice personal attack at me. I said "our opinions" not mine. Thanks for calling me a troll and disrespectful though.

I gave constructive feedback about Steppes CQ, and they listened after a month of telling them to do it, and several threads complaining about how long it takes.

Please explain the disrespectful part. I'm curious.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post
    Nice personal attack at me. I said "our opinions" not mine. Thanks for calling me a troll and disrespectful though.

I gave constructive feedback about Steppes CQ, and they listened after a month of telling them to do it, and several threads complaining about how long it takes.

Please explain the disrespectful part. I'm curious.
    He may not be referring to you specifically. I presume not to speak for him. However, I suspect that he is talking about the developer blaming/trashing that goes on in that forum and the general hostility towards Trion.

If the Warfront forum simmers down and becomes approachable we might see faster updates and better interaction with the developers. Keyword being "might".
    Last edited by ConclusionTheFirst; 07-29-2014 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Word to your mother

Quote Originally Posted by ConclusionTheFirst View Post
    He may not be referring to you specifically. I presume not to speak for him. However, I suspect that he is talking about the developer blaming/trashing that goes on in that forum and the general hostility towards Trion.

If the Warfront forum simmers down and becomes approachable we might see faster updates and better interaction with the developers. Keyword being "might".
    Correct, I'm making a broad generalization about that part of the community. Can some of them be helpful? Sure. I'm simply saying that there is more negativity, hostility, and lack of anything constructive in that forum compared to any other section.

Shadowlander

Correct, I'm making a broad generalization about that part of the community. Can some of them be helpful? Sure. I'm simply saying that there is more negativity, hostility, and lack of anything constructive in that forum compared to any other section.
    Is that you in your avatar?

Quote Originally Posted by BuffNightBlade View Post
    Is that you in your avatar?
    Yes, from like...3-4 years ago cosplaying as Staredad with a pedostache. I used to have a staredad comic in my sig with myself at the end, but decided to switch things up every so often.
    Last edited by RoughRaptorsOld; 07-29-2014 at 01:30 PM.

Rift Disciple

Default Re: tirza and the In-Game Economy

Quote Originally Posted by tirza View Post
    Today I stopped crafting. I have been increasingly unhappy with the direction Rift has been going. Reminds me a little of Wal-mart which is sinking like a stone.
    The in-game economy in Rift is overwhelmingly in favor of the customer. The supply is very big and the demand averages out at moderate at best, even to the point that many players are comfortable with posting items at charity prices and taking entitlement attitudes toward the AH. No longer is the AH a place centered around making profits--it is indeed the players' "Wal-Mart".

To my knowledge, except in smaller niche cases like preparing specific supplies for specific certain guild raids, crafters have no reason and no motivation to be productive in a general sense.

To remedy this, I suggest two general things:
    1. Rebalancing the economy in Rift through adding more scarcity in different forms and, thus, more demand. I have suggestions for doing this here.
    2. Expanding and diversifying the economy in Rift. This will requiring developing Rift more in general over time, so I can't provide too many suggestions for doing this here.
    In terms of suggesting what I can, I suggest:

Farming Related
    • Reduce the rate of resource node spawns in general.
      • Or: Have the resource nodes' spawn rates work in proportion to player activity in an area, such as in:
        • If NPCs are already aggroed near a resource node, then there is a random chance that they can attack and destroy it. If they do so, then the said resource node will not spawn for a certain time without being removed from the the local resource nodes' spawn cycle.
        • If the players fail a dynamic zone event, then the average spawn rate of the types of resource nodes which are in the the said zone will decrease world wide. And, in the zone where the failure took place, the resource node spawn rate will straightforwardly decrease, along with some form of visual damage to the resource nodes in the area. Conversely, when the players successfully complete zone events, then the opposite will occur.
        • Adding planar related schools of magic which have more dimensions than DPS related concerns, such as in dimensions related to affecting the environment in certain ways:
          • Destructive Planar Spells: Higher DPS, but works to completely damage the environment, namely as in visually damages it according to its nature and reduces spawn frequency of resource nodes.
            • i.e. Death and Fire spells which work to consume all resource nodes and can poison (as in debuff) a desolate environment.
          • Constructive Planar Spells: Lower DPS, but randomly generates favorable environmental conditions, as in visually enhancing the environment according to its nature, summoning things which attack the nearest target, and increasing the spawn frequency of resource nodes.
            • i.e. Life spells which work to summon more herbs and can temporary animate nearby plants as neutral traps which attack the nearest target.
            • i.e. Earth spells which work to summon more mineral nodes and can temporary animate rocks as neutral rock men that attack the nearest target.
          • Neutral Planar Spells: Medium DPS, with minimal visual effects on the environment according to its nature.
            • i.e. Air and Water spells which may simply bat around targets randomly in their casting area.
    • Make the circuits of resource nodes harder to discern, track, and farm.
      • This could include incorporating stand-alone resource tracker addons into Rift as special privileges which are earned via some task. For instance, each faction--Guardian and Defiant--could have their own power grid which they are trying to spread across Telara for some reason. As such, players of each faction would have to build, expand, and defend their respective power grids. And, in exchange, the presence of their power grid would allow them to, among other things, track resource nodes (via an ability or sidekick?) (replace addons like Resource Tracker), build sidekick harvesters for resource nodes (including extra bag space on them for carrying harvested materials only), and give support against in-world or instanced bosses in the area (via an ability or sidekick) (replace addons like Deadly Boss Mod).
        • Exactly how this happens can be done through competitive PvE objectives or direct PvP objectives via persistent or dynamic events.
        • Special Note: Addons such as the ones listed above are not essential to successfully completing objectives in Rift--they are simply luxuries. As such, they need to be treated as such for the good of Rift.
    • Require Mentoring for Farming: Require players to mentor to appropriate levels in each zone in order to receive maximum drops from the resource nodes there.

Item Quality Related
    • Item Degeneration: Have all items--from harvested materials to potions to gear--in Rift degenerate in a reasonable pace and have their value (both their stats and financial worth) go down accordingly. But, at the very least, things like gear should be reparable.
      • Special Note: It is granted that this idea will not be a "fun" idea. But, unfortunately, such "unfun" ideas have to exist within Rift in order to keep the game healthy. In this case, the purpose of this idea is to help regulate the overabundance of supplies which circulate in Rift's in-game economy.

Crafter Related

• Restore and Reinvigorate Crafter Gear: Replace world PvE gear and world PvP gear with crafted gear which is made by crafters. Along with this, provide a variety of enhancements for this crafted gear and a variety of materials required for them. If necessary, the currency requirements for world gear can be retained as requirements to unlock access to it in a general sense.
      • Likewise, the same basic approach can be taken to other levels of gear as well.
    • Make Crafter Recipes Last: All recipes for craftable gear should scale (as in level, stats, required materials) as the crafter levels up. This means that all recipes for craftable gear should be updateable via training and be useable for players of all levels.
    • Diversify Craftng via Increased Synergy: Have more ways in which the different professions work together in order to produce a wider variety of products. For instance:
      • Have the cooking skills of Survival and the recipes of Apothecary produce more combinations of products. For instance:
        • The plants harvested from Foraging, the fish from Fishing, and various items from Butchering could be prepared in different ways (i.e. the form it is cooked in, the way it is cooked, how it is seasoned, etc.) and then added to existing Apothecary recipes (i.e. potions, philters, etc.) for more detailed, customizable effects, both in terms of generating new foods and new Apothecary items (depends on the combination put together).
          • Optional Food Addictions and Bonus Buffs: Certain types of food and drinks could, respectively speaking, give certain types of buffs for certain periods of time. But, as these buffs wear off, the player’s character would get hungry and, eventually, experience appropriate withdrawal symptoms for an appropriate amount of time.
        • This could use Advanced Cooking and Advanced Apothecary UI options. For instance:
          • Advanced Cooking: Self-explanatory. It would look like a kitchen of some sort, where one can visually keep track of how one handles the food--from a cutting board table to cooking fire.
          • Advanced Apothecary: For a liquid formula making screen, have an interactive cauldron of a fixed capacity in which basic items with basic stats (made from existing objects via cooking, etc.) can be poured into it in select measurements as one sees fit. And, as one pours in select basic liquids, the stats of the potion or the elixir in the cauldron adjusts according to its contents, with side effects, reactions between basic ingredients, and any other such thing factored in.
      • Describing how farming and crafting would work in its entirety requires its own post. I'll get to that later.

Services in General
    • Convert to Player Merchants: Except for the selling of special case merchandise which is essential to maintaining the diversity of Rift’s gameplay (i.e. selling crafting recipes, the selling of PvP gear by PvP merchants, etc.), remove all NPC merchants over a certain period of time and have player crafters take over farming, producing, and selling what they sold.
      • Player Healers: Players could take over the positions of Healers (soul healers) (with a Healer skill tree or a Healer skill placed somewhere), complete with receiving the fees associated with doing this. But, they would have to charge up their soul healing powers from some sort of healing well (think refilling a vehicle's gas tank and how the price at the pump is determined). As a backup for when such player Healers are not around, things like the Summon Rescue Medic power can be a temporary substitute.
        • On a more basic level, make progressive decreased soul vitality mean something, such as in making it give progressively decreased stats. In conjunction with this, put soul healing on a reasonable cooldown.
      • If NPC merchants sold basic crafting items (i.e. reagents, containers, etc.), then have these items drop from NPC enemies in the field and let player crafters farm them and sell them.
    • Player Services via Player Bulletin Boards:
      • Player Quest Board: There should be a faction bulletin board on which players can offer quests (i.e. gathering, crafting, assistance in completing certain quests, RP missions, etc.) to each other. This would be done by selecting a premade form for the task which they wish done, selecting or typing in the exact details of it in certain text fields, and then making it a "quest box". The player would have to provide, deposit, and store the rewards for their posted quests on the said board when the player posts their quest entries on this board. And, if another player wishes to do a player-made quest, then they can click on the desired quest and select it, do it (including mailing anything via the quest entry on the board), get their reward (first completed, first rewarded), and clear the entry off the board.
      • Player Loan Board: On this board, players can leave general text messages which ask for certain loans of platinum or an advanced purchases of certain items from other players. In return, players interested in extending such a loan can make offers through submitting a premade form which contains an offer and any certain terms attached to it, as in due date terms (i.e. one due date or due dates for certain payment installments), due payments (i.e. with interest specified) in the due date terms in question with automatically calculated and displayed numbers, and terms for delinquency and the associated penalty (i.e. repossessing the given item, garnishing a certain amount of platinum from quest rewards or AH sales under a certain schedule, or silly punishments like the state of involuntary PvP flagging with being marked on the map which only counts down when one is logged in and in the field, etc.). Then, if an offer is accepted, then the loaned items in question would be submitted through the board and tagged somehow with the properties of the loan in question.

Faction Services and Faction Budgets in General
    • Paid Faction NPCs and Projects and Faction Budgets: In each faction, have NPCs like faction guards and porticulum attendants be given certain amounts of pay through certain paycheck cycles. And, to pay for this, the players are taxed through various means (i.e. mail taxes, AH taxes, voluntary direct donations, etc.) in proportion to how much money they have and automated public budgets (think a giant checkbook) are kept (think guild treasuries and guild-level expenses, but on a bigger level). The catch here is that:
      • In accordance to their usage and the hazards which they face (i.e. faction NPC guards getting killed by NPC enemies and enemy players), faction NPCs will start requiring higher pay and become fewer in number. Conversely, the more the players help and save these NPCs, the less pay they will require of the faction player community and the more their ranks will increase.
        • If there is insufficient money to pay faction NPCs, certain faction NPCs will goof off or go on strike and, over time, the numbers of them doing this will increase.
      • There could be faction building projects (i.e. the power grid idea under Farming Related) which use public resources and, because of this, require public funding per usage.
        • Without proper funding, these building projects would have their public resources and public skills unavailable for the moment.

Competitive Organization Related

• Convert the universal AH economy to a geoeconomical guild AH system.
    Geoeconomical Guild PvP
    1/2: Geographical Guild PvP: Quite simply, each region and the constituent parts of its map will contain natural resources. The most common and cheapest resources may be common to an entire region. But, more valuable natural resources are exclusive to certain specific areas.
    These natural resources can be directly harvested only by members of the guild who controls it. And, to control it, members of a certain guild must claim all of the checkpoints in the said areas in question for that guild and keep them claimed.
    2/2: Economic Guild PvP: Quite simply, each guild of a sufficient size will have a guild auction house which is located at their current headquarters (in their guild dimension?), open to the public in general, and part of an AH system which replaces the universal AH system (the only “universal AH” which could remain would be in the form of a UI for the player which manages all guild AHs in one place). In each respective guild AH, each respective owner will be able to host sales between all members of the general public. But, their guild AH can host only the sales of products which contain at least one ingredient that comes from a territory they own.
    A cut of each transaction goes to the owning guild. But, each guild must fight for their profits. In proportion to how much business each guild AH does in relation to the other guild AHs, a guild’s cuts in their AH will vary. This means that guilds can financially hurt other guilds.
    Of course, in order to make Geoeconomical Guild PvP more fair and vibrant, details like
    • adjusting the resource node distribution and the types of resource nodes available in each zone (i.e. each zone should host unique resource nodes),
    • establishing a reasonable size cap for each guild,
    • creating various financial goals for guilds (i.e. buying guild defenses like mercenaries, special turrets, the materials for custom guild siege towers, helping fund members’ needs, etc.),
    • and personal tools for keeping track of your various auctions as they pass from guild AH to guild AH under the circumstances of guild PvP
    must be ironed out.
    • Convert the universal AH economy to a geoeconomical NPC faction AH system. Basically, the same as a geoeconomical guild AH system, but with NPC factions with different organizational dynamics instead of players' guilds.
      • Describing how NPC factions which players can align with would work requires its own post. I'll get to that later.

In general, my basic idea behind these ideas is to increase the interactivity of the economy. Among the ways of doing this, I want to highlight increasing demand by having player actions determine supply and demand, if it can exist as an alternative to just altering certain settings on the Rift team's side. This is because, in the long term, Rift needs to become a more persistent world in the sense that the players should be able to run it to a certain extent and set its direction to a certain extent.

I will admit that, at best, a more player driven and player run economy in Rift will be organized chaos at best. But, with any social endeavor, organized chaos is as best as it can get and, frankly, we wouldn't want it any other way.

Plane Touched

Default Mount Abilities

I want each mount to have a unique ability.

Horses :-Kick things away at the rear.
    Murdantix:- Eat other peoples companions.
    Croocodile:- Bite and mezz another mount
    Volt:- leave a cloud of black crap in the air to help get away.
    Hellbugs:- Spawn 5 small hellbugs to attack nearby mobs.
    Assault Frame:- 5 second immunity from dismount
    Vaiyu - Ability to jump 1.5x normal hight

etc etc... MORE !

Rift Disciple

Default Re: McTwistie and Developed Mount Abilities

Quote Originally Posted by McTwistie View Post

I want each mount to have a unique ability.

Horses :-Kick things away at the rear.
    Murdantix:- Eat other peoples companions.
    Croocodile:- Bite and mezz another mount
    Volt:- leave a cloud of black crap in the air to help get away.
    Hellbugs:- Spawn 5 small hellbugs to attack nearby mobs.
    Assault Frame:- 5 second immunity from dismount
    Vaiyu - Ability to jump 1.5x normal hight

etc etc... MORE !
    I agree with this idea. I've even gone so far as to think on developing mounted combat into a new layer of combat in Rift.

Unfortunately, right now, I think that there is too much focus on mounts in Rift as it is. We need to make this game a bit more well-rounded before going any further with the mounts in this game.

But, again, I agree with your idea.

Champion of Telara

But if the PvP forums quit comparing epeens where will I get to watch forum pvp and eat pop-corn.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 35 FirstFirst ... 15 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast