+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
Like Tree451Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How can Rift be better? Taking it to Trion Edition!

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    Im sad this wasn't posted in the PvP section as well, I dont feel like it got the exposure it needs to really represent our community.

Alot of those guys dont even touch any other part of the game, therefore dont discuss outside of "pvp and warfronts".

ilex and adustum, please speak on our behalf!
    You guys have s much more PvP oriented player coming on your behalf but we're going to bring up things from this thread for sure.

At the airport now, California bound!

Quote Originally Posted by Pocketzoar View Post
    Im sad this wasn't posted in the PvP section as well, I dont feel like it got the exposure it needs to really represent our community.

Alot of those guys dont even touch any other part of the game, therefore dont discuss outside of "pvp and warfronts".

ilex and adustum, please speak on our behalf!
    Exactly, no hardcore pvpers = sad face

Adustumm is our last hope!
    Last edited by Rgizil; 07-28-2014 at 06:47 AM.
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

Quote Originally Posted by Rgizil View Post

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

In other news, airport bound now!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    This thread is not the reason we were invited. I simply made this thread because I personally wanted to take community feedback with me. Trion did not ask us to go around spreading the word.

We still don't know the real reason, and likely won't until we hit the office tomorrow.

what possible reason could there be for inviting a bunch of forum posters to trion headquarters? i cant wait to find out the reason. keep us posted!

Ascendant

I had wondered if they weren't going to try and do something similar to this old beta trailer which featured some players (some still with us!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hc2ZZcu-2o

If its that then the NDA will probably be fairly tight. If this trip is to get the community hyped up (a lot of fansites seems to be represented) then there might not be much of an NDA at all. We will find out soon enough I'm sure.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 07-28-2014 at 09:05 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Rift Master

Yet another thought. These boxes that drop everywhere in the game often give stuff that is completely useless. I have 3 characters I actively play, each that heals, dps, supports. Everything except tank. On all 3 characters, opening a box with a key nearly always means I get a tank item. I may have raged about this somewhere yesterday since it happened multiple times. Adding insult to injury, the useless items can be vendored for 1 silver or sent to an alt. Sometimes I break the stuff if its something I can break. I don't have runecrafting so I can't break all the useless tank essences I get. If we're stuck with boxes that are completely RNG, can we have an option to convert the item to one useful for the callings we play? Also, give it some value. It doesn't have to particularly high value, the 1-3 plat for armor/weapons we normally see or some amount of gold for essences is fine. 1 silver is insulting.

Quote Originally Posted by azjane View Post
    what possible reason could there be for inviting a bunch of forum posters to trion headquarters? i cant wait to find out the reason. keep us posted!
    Isn't it obvious? How else would Trion's tailors take precise measurements for our shining white armor?
    #1 Hardcore Casual - Seatin - RIFT Livestreamer/YouTuber. Check out: www.twitch.tv/seatinmanoflegends and www.youtube.com/seatinmanoflegends

I am in room 1429 for those that are here. There are a few of us here from the Rift side of things but there are also participants who play other games from Trion Worlds as well so us Rifters will not be able to dominate all of the time in the office. I am not sure what is in store for tomorrow, but thank you all for these excellent suggestions.

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    I am in room 1429 for those that are here. There are a few of us here from the Rift side of things but there are also participants who play other games from Trion Worlds as well so us Rifters will not be able to dominate all of the time in the office. I am not sure what is in store for tomorrow, but thank you all for these excellent suggestions.
    Any con protip: get everyone in hangouts or skype group call

Quote Originally Posted by Baramos View Post
    Lord yes thank you jesus.

they sent baramos too.

I feel better.
    Undeadwarrior & Zoarbot @Deepwood.
    Believe it or not Rift has an unofficial Facebook PvP alliance group .~All are welcome~

Quote Originally Posted by Seatin View Post
    Isn't it obvious? How else would Trion's tailors take precise measurements for our shining white armor?
    Don't let them forget the noseguard. Those are a must for any white knight- really help with those extra-deep BN sessions.
    Last edited by LrdRahvin; 07-28-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    Boom goes the cylindrical, chemically explosive object

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    I find your lack of faith disturbing.

In other news, airport bound now!
    I find your disturbing of faith lacking
    Boom goes the cylindrical, chemically explosive object

Just because nobody from Hello Kitty is in attendance doesn't mean that PVP isn't represented. You've had ample time to leave feedback both in this thread as well as in the PVP section of the forums. Unfortunately rather than discuss issues in a civil manner, many of you prefer to play your "forum PVP" games instead.

Having the CQ guilds represented wouldn't have worked either way. It would have been a logistical nightmare getting your moms to sign field trip permission slips and arranging trip chaperones.

In my opinion, Trion needs to revisit the currrent PM queue system, streamlining it to offer more balanced teams than we currently see. PMs shouldn't have an overwhelming advantage over persons who solo queue. Limit warfront PMs to a maximum of 3 people, or implement a system that requires a PM of comparable size on the opposing team before being allowed to enter. For CQ, limit PMs to a maximum or 5 people, or implement a system that requires PMs of a comparable size on both of the opposing factions before entering. Such a system would better balance the sides, and would allow the PM-centric players to play with their "friends."

Additionally, I think that Trion needs to revamp the PVP weekly quests. Considering how many of us really despise CQ, it would be nice to allow us to complete the weekly 2,000 kill count quest with kills counting in both CQ *and* warfronts. Also, I'd like to see the Guns for Hire quest incorporate a SWTOR type system, where instead of 3 wins required we would see 5 games completed instead. (Wins count as 2) This would still allow the quest to be completed in the same number of wins, but it would also allow solo queue players (whose winning percentage often hovers around 20-25%) to complete the quest much easier.

While removal of the RIC lottery and RNG boxes probably aren't going to change, I also propose an expansion of items with which to use old and/or outdated marks. I have thousands of Warlord Marks of Conquest, but already have all my R70 essences, mounts and the sigil. There's little more for me to use them for, despite Trion's insistence that we run CQ to progress. Add more things to buy wiith those marks, or allow us to convert them to a currency form that we can use, or even loot chests with a very significant chance at obtaining a RIC. An expansion of the PVP currency cap to prevent our marks from being capped/wasted would also be greatly appreciated.

On the PVE side, I also support implementation of a shared storage system. It already exists per se with guild storage. Simply expand that to alt characters. I'd also like Trion to start placing dimension entrances at appropriate locations, (who the hell chose the entry point for Malluma Track?) and expand exponentially the number of dimension items that can be paid for with planarite. I'm tired of constantly seeing "you've reached the maximum amount of planarite" messages on all of my characters. Uncap it or give us something useful to buy with it. Alternately, allow us to convert it into other currencies.

Finally, I'd propose a new "non-hardcore" raiding tier for players who wish to participate in raids, but don't have the resources, time or achievements to join a T1 raid. Make the requirements the same as SLE dungeons, and have the nerfed bosses drop gear that will help active participants gear for entry into T1 raids.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyhawke View Post
    Just because nobody from Hello Kitty is in attendance doesn't mean that PVP isn't represented. You've had ample time to leave feedback both in this thread as well as in the PVP section of the forums. Unfortunately rather than discuss issues in a civil manner, many of you prefer to play your "forum PVP" games instead.

In my opinion, Trion needs to revisit the currrent PM queue system, streamlining it to offer more balanced teams than we currently see. PMs shouldn't have an overwhelming advantage over persons who solo queue. Limit warfront PMs to a maximum of 3 people, or implement a system that requires a PM of comparable size on the opposing team before being allowed to enter. For CQ, limit PMs to a maximum or 5 people, or implement a system that requires PMs of a comparable size on both of the opposing factions before entering. Such a system would better balance the sides, and would allow the PM-centric players to play with their "friends."
    1. Baramos is going so I'm quite content now

2. Adustumm was kind enough to take suggestions from a whole bunch of hardcore pvpers in vent from all types of pvp, so I'm fine with that now. Such a nice guy <3

3. Idc if anyone from HK goes, I just wanted a REAL pvper, not a pver that does pvp on the side, not a casual, a real pvp that spends all his time on rift doing pvp content. cq, wfs, 5v5s etc.

4. Just because you got kicked from the premade channels for being a troll and in general, a bad person, doesn't mean you have to try and get premades removed, that's pretty selfish on your part

5. I apologize if I'm over zealous, but pvp is the only thing I do in this game and it is annoying seeing a lack of representation as well as things for pvp in general. We have lost more pvpers in a few months than any part of the game I've seen, it hurts. I understand pvp isn't Trion's main focus but at least listening to our opinions would be appreciated
    RGI@Deepwood --- <-Hello Kitty->
    [A Stick]
    King of Conquest

4. Just because you got kicked from the premade channels for being a troll and in general, a bad person, doesn't mean you have to try and get premades removed, that's pretty selfish on your part
    Just curious, when I was kicked from the PM channels? Last time I checked, yesterday morning, I could still read everything in hellokitty@hailol. If you really hate me that much and want me to drop the channel, just say so. That isn't unreasonable, is it?

I've never lobbied to remove PMs, but rather to adjust them to make it fair to all players. As stated previously, I'd prefer to see PM's either limited in size or balanced on all sides. You can still enjoy your PMs, and all players would be able to compete on more even terms. How is that bad?

In the past I've attempted to share my views in these forums, but the animosity and hatred directed my way for daring to have a different opinion is mind boggling. Not only was I flamed in the forums, but I was unprovokedly taunted and belittled on multiple occasions in-game as well. You were there for at least two of those events, so you know it's true. We, as a PVP community, need to learn to work together if we want things accomplished. We need to speak cognizantly as one voice, rather than as multiple factions all lobying for different things. Fanning the flames of hate only causes people like me to quit playing Rift, ultimately lowering the number of PVPers and eroding any voice we already had. Ultimately you guys "win." I'm leaving in 69 days when my patron status expires. You all can continue the old lady and depends jokes. I just can't handle it anymore. Such has destroyed my gaming experience to the point that I dread logging into Kittyhawke. I can't even stomach doing any of the PVP weeklies this week.

5. I apologize if I'm over zealous, but pvp is the only thing I do in this game and it is annoying seeing a lack of representation as well as things for pvp in general. We have lost more pvpers in a few months than any part of the game I've seen, it hurts. I understand pvp isn't Trion's main focus but at least listening to our opinions would be appreciated
    FWIW, this whole pow wow at Trion has little or nothing to do with gathering player feedback. They could much more easily have gathered that data in the forums or from players directly. Considering gamers from multiple games are in attendance, I'm guessing that Trion has a BIG announcement coming and they want everyone (especially the fan site operators, etc.) on the same page when it goes public. (But that's just my guess)
    Last edited by Kittyhawke; 07-29-2014 at 09:24 AM.
    Level 60/Rank 90 Guardian Mage * Level 60/Rank 62 Defiant Rogue * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Cleric
    Level 60/Rank 82 Defiant Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 86 Guardian Rogue
    * Level 60/Rank 53 Defiant Mage
    Level 60/Rank 24 Guardian Warrior
    * Level 60/Rank 15 Defiant Cleric
    * Wolfsbane/Zaviel

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 35 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast