+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast
Like Tree107Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Another Clone mount

yeah moonstone kirin should have a bit different colour.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by Furyon13 View Post
    Maybe you guys could have chosen slightly different colour(corresponding to moon theme)with diff VFX rather than same colour with diff VFX.
    I'll take that feedback to the team. It will probably be more focused towards new mounts rather than the existing mounts, because changing things people have already got is bad juju.

Champion

A Moonstone Ki-Rin would look lovely with some very subtle lavender, pink and blue VFX on the hooves, mane and tail, and I doubt anyone that's already purchased one would take that small change amiss. In fact, it might push those who already had the Snow version (or those who were on the fence about buying this one because why buy it when you can get a sorta free one at Fae Yule later in the year) to buy this one too... just sayin'.

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #19

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    A Moonstone Ki-Rin would look lovely with some very subtle lavender, pink and blue VFX on the hooves, mane and tail, and I doubt anyone that's already purchased one would take that small change amiss. In fact, it might push those who already had the Snow version (or those who were on the fence about buying this one because why buy it when you can get a sorta free one at Fae Yule later in the year) to buy this one too... just sayin'.
    I'll forward this on as well. That being said my comment more had to do with addressing those that might suggest a retint of the moonstone altogether.

Rift Chaser

What did you expect after glued horn mount?
    trion plssss....

Would have bought this had it not been a clone. At least give it tints of blue, a sapphire glow and a ghostly trail. That's not much to ask considering how expensive it is... A real shame it's likely to go unchanged, too. I'm sure people who have already bought it would be far more pleased with a little added uniqueness. The design team should know better, really.
    Last edited by Laputa; 07-15-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    but these two mounts are definitely distinguishable. .
    I'm not seeing the difference. You get 2 people side by side, one on each mount, and you can't tell the difference unless they move (as one lacks the trail effect) or look at the buff to see which one they're using.

Telaran

An easy way to "change" or add distinguishing features between the Moonstone and Snow Ki Rin could also be just to slightly alter the shades of the orbs set into the bridle/collar.

Champion

maybe add some glowing moon dust trail effect to it , change up the colour to the mentioned (lavender-blue glow like effect ) or something :P

it's nice to have a variety of colours for each mount skin along with a variety of special effects etc

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Zaphkiel View Post
    An easy way to "change" or add distinguishing features between the Moonstone and Snow Ki Rin could also be just to slightly alter the shades of the orbs set into the bridle/collar.
    This is an awesome idea too!

I'm one of those "on the fence" people I mentioned... I'm weighing the RNG and time involved for the Snow Ki-Rin with snow VFX for one character vs. the credit cost involved for the Moonstone with no effects and the same exact skin for all characters. If I knew it would get some VFX attached to it soon, I'd definitely drop the credits on it and then get the Snow Ki-Rin at Fae Yule as well. :-)

Telaran

This is an awesome idea too!

I'm one of those "on the fence" people I mentioned... I'm weighing the RNG and time involved for the Snow Ki-Rin with snow VFX for one character vs. the credit cost involved for the Moonstone with no effects and the same exact skin for all characters. If I knew it would get some VFX attached to it soon, I'd definitely drop the credits on it and then get the Snow Ki-Rin at Fae Yule as well. :-)
    I personally feel like the VFX should stay exclusive to the Snow Ki Rin, simply due to the effort/RNG involved in getting that mount (or maybe modify the Snow Ki Rin to have a white glow effect akin to the other Glowing Ki Rin mounts). If that were an addition, I wouldn't feel quite as gypped if some sort of trail VFX were added to the Moonstone mount (since so many people seem to be asking for that).

I do think the addition of light blue/lavender color accents would be a great idea for the Moonstone mount-anything to make it look distinct but still retain the white theme.

Count me as another who might consider purchasing this mount if it had effects you might associate with a moonstone- shimmering pale ghostly blue effects sounds about right. There just seems no incentive for the many who have Snow Ki Rins to purchase this mount.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

It's good that they are giving people a chance to buy the snow ki-rin. I just don't get why they changed the name of it. The same with some non-combat pets. I collect those too, some of them are the same in appearance but with different names.

I do hope they give us the ability to rename our non-combat pets sometime in the future though. And rename our mounts too.
    [No longer an active player]

Plane Walker

I made another thread about this not seeing the current one... This is a bit of a joke, you rename and take some sparkly stuff off it? Is this really how tight it has to be now with f2p?
    Strikes@Typhiria Impossibruu@Typhiria Huhuhuh@Laeyths Strikez@Deepwood Primes@Deepwood

Plane Touched

You really did not see this coming?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast