Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: To Devs: Don't listen to the small amount of people on here

Talking To Devs: Don't listen to the small amount of people on here

The game is phenomenal so far (honestly).

For a beta, it looks great, feels great, plays great.
    Very minimal issues on my computer whatsoever regarding technical issues.
    If people are having major issues, it's most likely because they are still on an outdated computer that runs their previous game just fine.

To those people: Even console gamers have to buy something new every few years. Get with the program.

I've been in a few MMO betas and launches. Even the mighty powerful overlord of MMOs had somewhat of a tough launch getting enough servers up, etc.

Don't let that get you down.

There is such a thing as feedback, and there is such a thing as complaining.
    Most of what's going on here is the latter.
    I imagine the majority of the people on here abusing the latter are going to go back to their previous "game" they played full-time anyways, so let them go.

I frequent many guilds that have ventrilo/teamspeak, etc, and discussed how they felt the Beta went.
    So far with the exception of one or two people, out of many, the outlook is very pleasing. (And it's not even released + beginning bug fixes from the launch).

I can't stress enough how well the mechanics, customization, graphical appeal, and even just the overall polish has been.
    People who love this game are avoiding these forums because there is no reason to argue these points to people who don't want to hear other points of view. They just want to spit off their complaints in the beginning in the hopes of getting something "they" want. Just ignore them.

Keep going strong with your plans, whatever they may be. You clearly are very talented developers and designers, I'm sure you know what you're doing.

Thank you for letting me try out your beta events, as I probably would have never pre-ordered or even purchased this game for months out of fear.

So many times have I been let down, it's tough not to be a little cautious.

Thanks again!

-Snores
    [Venom]
    Last edited by Snores; 01-30-2011 at 09:04 AM.

Indeed beta was awesome, and i got a great gameplay experience on what i chose to do ... It was awesome....
    This universe is lost, I seek only Oblivion
    There is no peace for the Damned
    with Eternal war raging across the land
    We may be immortal
    but nothing than suffering awaits us

Rift Disciple

Agree with the OP but don't forget these are your foundations, solid ones, but they should be built on over time.

Shadowlander

Ive been a part of several betas, and IMO Rift's beta is smoother than most other games at launch. I had a couple of disconnects, one rift that kinda bugged and didnt spawn anything for a while, and that was about it as far as issues go. I swore up and down I would never play another MMO, but this beta changed my mind and I have now pre- ordered. GJ Rift!

"Don't listen to forums posts"

*makes a forum post to tell devs not to read forums posts*

Okay!

I think you're missing the point on purpose, which doesn't surprise me.

I said don't listen to the small amount of people on here as the topic.

That gave the general idea of my post.

The actual posting informed you of exactly who I was speaking about.

Ignorance like that tells me you're part of the group I'm referencing.

Quote Originally Posted by Snores View Post
    People who love this game are avoiding these forums because there is no reason to argue these points to people who don't want to hear other points of view.
    Thumbs up to this, 100%

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoldlol View Post
    "Don't listen to forums posts"

*makes a forum post to tell devs not to read forums posts*

Okay!
    100% agree with the OP in what he says. Also, I think your assessment of the game, as of Beta 5 and your experience of it , is right on the button. It's a well written , LEGIBLE and arguably sound summary of the game so far.

It's a far cry from a lot of the rubbish that's spewed out on here by seemingly illiterate people who couldn't present a valid argument or assessment of something , let alone write about it in a constructive and understandable way. Maybe they havn't been taught how to at school yet, or don't possess the social skills or necessary experience to be able to communicate effectively to a wider audience.

I'd wager that the Dev's are more likely to take on board posts such as those presented by the OP , rather than the random grumblings of some angst filled teenager whos literacy skills are as limited as his IQ.

I think there are a far greater majority of constructive posts on here vs obvious trolling. They can read between the lines I am sure. They are all adults, bald, brilliant adults.
    I received an award for the fjords. I like the fiddly bits around the edges.

- Old gamer, computer or otherwise.

Snores, you are a voice of reason. A true scholar and a gentleman.

Agreed, sadly the legitimate criticism gets flooded somewhat by the trolls and so forth.

I've read a few posts on the argument towards PVE servers, and even though I disagree with them, they still are stating a valid point as far as a certain gameplay style.

+10 the game is awesome
    and very very few bugs for Closed Beta state

keep up the good work

I am amazed at the quality of gameplay. I had no desires to blast past the initial zone once breaking twenty I was having that much fun finishing ALL of the quests and hunting rifts and fighting invasions.

The game is familiar to in concept to the current genre of MMOs (WoW is not the only one folks) while different enough to make is enjoyable. The soul/role system is excellent to where people like me with alt-istis can try vastly different variations without having to start all over.

I really enjoy the fact that no longer is a warrior the only viable tank, the cleric the only way to get heals, and the rogue is the subpar melee DPS that must focus on solo play to get anywhere.

I had very few issues with the game and would have started my subscription last week if I could. I look forward to Beta 6 & 7!

Shadowlander

Sorry my friend, but you are wrong.

If something people read is against their belief, they tend to deem it as a complaint, that is what it seems to me. There is no clear way to determine whether something is a complaint or a constructive feedback. You can usually tell, but it's never clear and never easy. Your post is an oxymoron in itself, by the way. Only a small amount of people that go onto these forums, and an even smaller amount of them makes any logical sense. To tell the devs to not listen to any random small amount of people, is not only destructive, it seems like a complaint to me against those "small amount of people."

On a side note, feedbacks are extremely important to improve a product. I'm glad people come to these forums and voice their opinions in order to make the game stronger. It shows that they "CARE" for the future of this game. Instead of ostracizing them, we should learn to embrace them a little.

I agree with the OP. Everyone I play games with and group with enjoyed the beta very much. Once the initial annoyances of having all the WoW trolls spamming channels that you couldn't close was fixed.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast