+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Staying in a Warfront Option

Default Staying in a Warfront Option

I am curious as to what people would think of having the option to remain in a Warfront and have a rematch with the same teams after the current battle ends.

As things were during Beta 5, I spent a lot of time queuing for Warfronts (as a Defiant) and much less time actually fighting people. Warfront ends, rejoin queue, wait 10-15 mins and then have a 5 min battle, then rinse and repeat. It could be pretty tedious in the absence of having anything else to do.

Having the option to remain in the same Warfront, with the same players on either side, and fight again and again is really appealing to me. Imagine getting severely owned in the first battle, being able to stay and have a rematch against the same team gives you the chance for revenge, or at the very least a chance to do better than before. And once you have had enough, you are free to leave after the current battle and the spot becomes available for another player to (instantly) fill.

I realize that the initial queue time for entry would probably be much longer as a result, but the upside is that once you are in, you stay until you are ready to leave. Having this as an option (instead of making it the norm) would allow players who intend to run Warfront after Warfront the ability to play without constantly having to requeue, whereas players who are only interested in doing the odd one would still have priority for queuing.

Anyway, like I said, I'm curious as to the level of interest in something like this before asking if it could potentially be included in the game. There may be issues that I haven't forseen which others will spot for example.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

No thanks, I like my instant queue on Guardian side and I get to play with the same people anyways since there are so few of us.

What would be nice is Guild vs Guild Warfronts.
    Last edited by adeQuaTe; 01-30-2011 at 09:05 AM.
    50 Adequate - Seastone - Cleric - Defiant
    50 Adequate - Laethys - Mage - Guardian

Prophet of Telara FiercelyFuzzy's Avatar

1) Roll Guardian
    2) Get 3 second Ques
    3) ? ? ? ?
    4) PROFIT!!!
    Find your Rift answers to FAQ here.

I never had more then a 1 or 2 min wait for a warfront. Maybe your server had less population or maybe you were playing at a very off peak time?

Quote Originally Posted by Howrybloodpaws View Post
    I never had more then a 1 or 2 min wait for a warfront. Maybe your server had less population or maybe you were playing at a very off peak time?

Wouldn't matter, warfronts are cross server
    Therylin - R5 Healer
    Thericia- R4 Rogue

Quote Originally Posted by Howrybloodpaws View Post
    I played pretty much all day everyday, and with the servers being cross realm I doubt that was the issue. I suspect it was probably the result of more people choosing Defiant than Guardian (these were the European servers btw). The queue times weren't that much of an issue anyway, as I always had plenty to do, I just didn't like the fact that the Warfronts were over just as they were beginning (if you get what I mean by that). They felt too short, and didn't give enough time for the players to 'gel' and learn to work together.

And for the Guardian's, if your queues are instant than why would this option not be something you would like to see, as it wouldn't affect you in the slightest?

My main reason for wanting something like this is because I like the idea of fighting with the same people against the same people, win or lose you would have more time to refine tactics, learn to play as a team and identify who the threats are on the other side and work towards improvement. And if your team sucks, you always have the option to leave and hope for a better team next time. It would also allow pre-mades to face off against other pre-mades again and again, and create some temporary rivalry, which is one of the best aspects of a 2 faction game.

Anything cross server dilutes the sense of being part of a community, at least with something like this there would be a short lived rivalry, with endless fun to be had identifying the other sides better players and working together to neutralize them. Which in turn causes them to come gunning for you etc. Much fun.
    Zantetsuken - 50 Warrior - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Charisma - 50 Rogue - Firesand EU RP-PvP
    Eldrenna - 13 Cleric - Firesand EU RP-PvP

+ Reply to Thread