+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Hyperleveling

Soulwalker

Default Hyperleveling

So now that we can no longer 1-50 alts by sending them SL artifact sets for 1-2 levels a piece, how are people exploiting the leveling system?
    Proud member of Seven@Deepwood
    <Thecorinthian><Thethessallian><Theithacan>

Rift Disciple

I got a trick but don't tell anyone. In my adventures, I've found npcs who have green exclamation marks on top of them. This means they need a favor. Do that favor to any of these npcs and be rewarded exp!
    Plastic@Typhiria.

Soulwalker

Yeah, but that doesn't get you to 50 in 20 minutes.
    Proud member of Seven@Deepwood
    <Thecorinthian><Thethessallian><Theithacan>

Quote Originally Posted by The Corinthian View Post
    Yeah, but that doesn't get you to 50 in 20 minutes.
    Wow, it's almost like it's intended for you to need to spend more than an hour getting to 50.
    Seranii@Greybriar - 60 Eth Warrior
    | SL: 11/12 T2, 5/8 T3 | NT: X/X T1 |
    < Dirty Casual until 3.0 >
    "One day you'll hang your head as you realize,
    You've heard it all but didn't listen to a word."

Leveling a toon is really fun for the first time. Easy and quick for the second time. Dull and boring from there forward. I'm yet to see an mmo where leveling alts is still fun. You know the game mechanics, you know the spells, you know the story... you don't need that extensive tutorial one more time, you just want the toon ready for endgame action.

As for leveling with artifacts, i saw some post where dude suggested giving an alt a ****loads of plat, so he can buy artifacts form AH.

Champion

Join the WoW. There you can buy 90 lvl for your char(s).
    Melandra @ Entity @ Zaviel
    A cynic is a man who knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.
    - Lady Windermere's Fan [Oscar Wilde] -

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    If people are willing to pay for this, why the hell not? I'm actually surprised you can't do it here. But i guess it's just a matter of time - once Rift gets level cap high enough, the option will be here, wait and see ;]

Quote Originally Posted by McBonY View Post
    If people are willing to pay for this, why the hell not? I'm actually surprised you can't do it here. But i guess it's just a matter of time - once Rift gets level cap high enough, the option will be here, wait and see ;]
    They don't do it because then people would complain that everyone bought their characters levels and have no idea how to play them, even in experts.

Quote Originally Posted by Mav986 View Post
    They don't do it because then people would complain that everyone bought their characters levels and have no idea how to play them, even in experts.
    It should never be an option for new players. But once you have at least one toon maxed...

MMO's are always full of people who play badly, being able to pay for max lvl does not change anything. Or in fact it does - people buy maxed chars from game devs, not e-bay ;]

Other than exploiting events, why would you even want more than 4 characters?

I didn't even know about the artifact leveling, wish I had though, would've saved me about a month of leveling alts.

So here's what you do, level until you're out of the starting zone and then use your Tempest Insignia to go to TB when you're really low level. Once there get the quest from the mayor to explore TB and talk to the prominent NPCs, that quest will give you 3-5 levels. Make sure you have your xp vials up before you turn it in! In one case, it granted 7 levels with the right buffs. From there you do Instant Adventures until 40, Shimmersand quests until 45, then Shimmersand/Stillmoore Instant Adventures until level 48, then go to CJ or Palladane and do the SL intro quests to 50.

Prophet of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by MisterWibble View Post
    Other than exploiting events, why would you even want more than 4 characters?
    Some of us roleplay

Plane Touched

At level 45 have someone take you to SL and do level 50 major air rifts. Takes 20-30 minutes for a 60 with raid gear to get a 45 to 50

Quote Originally Posted by Mausea View Post
    Perhaps this change is in preparation for Trion to offer something similar...
    Last edited by Shattered; 07-09-2014 at 07:19 AM.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Am I the only person that thinks IA's are tedious as sin?

Maybe I haven't played the game long enough to become sick of leveling alts, because I have quite a few. But questing is still more interesting, more fun and gives me better XP than anything else (my opinion).

If leveling really does bug you, you can (as others have said) head back over to Blizzard and buy a few max levels. Enjoy trying to learn how to play them while getting cussed out and kicked from groups though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast