+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree28Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: I have 3 gd computers to deal with this garbage on. NOT A HAPPY CUSTOMER

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greenscale View Post
    Would you throw such a tantrum if one day your excrement was blue instead of brown? Because ultimately that's about how life-impacting this switch between launchers was.

Actually, I would be quite upset and worked up if my excrement was blue instead of brown.
    So long, and thanks for all the fish~

Quote Originally Posted by CM Morgana View Post
    Hey Vye,

Sorry to hear about your trouble. This is definitely not an ideal situation, and one we want investigate and find out why it's happening.

The first step is to download a fresh install of Glyph and see if setting the directory to where your RIFT.exe is works. It was updated at about 5:45 PM PDT with a fix that allows it to pick up some missed installs. You can get it here:
    http://download.dyn.triongames.com/GlyphInstall-0-1.exe

If that doesn't work, and you're still being asked to redownload/repair, we'd appreciate if you'd send us your Glyph logs so we can investigate what's up with them.

1. Bring up the Run dialog box by using the shortcut Windows button and R, or by clicking on the Start button and using the Search Programs box.
    2. Type in %localappdata% to bring you to your local data folder.
    3. There should be a Glyph folder here, double click on it.
    4. Double click the logs folder.
    5. Please select all the files labeled GlyphClient (it will be multiple files, and that is intended).
    6. Please send them via email to community@trionworlds.com

Thanks a lot for your help, and sorry it's not quite working out for you just yet.
    Thank you Morgana, I hadn't logged in until today and I followed your instructions.. Rift is running perfectly.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Vye View Post
    I did that and it still tried to download the game
    So, download it and stop sniveling!
    "Persons attempting to find a motive in this narrative will be prosecuted; persons attempting to find a moral in it will be banished; persons attempting to find a plot in it will be shot." - Samuel Clemens

Quote Originally Posted by MoonfireSpam View Post
    Actually, I would be quite upset and worked up if my excrement was blue instead of brown.
    QFT
    Boom goes the cylindrical, chemically explosive object

Quote Originally Posted by Laeris View Post
    Better to be "old" than a broke kid
    That's an exceptionally childish statement. But, from you I'm not surprised.

It is also an entirely true statement from my perspective. I do not value the complaints of kids offered up mid temper-tantrum.. Never have, never will. Don't care. Not one iota. At home, here's how it works in my house. Kid throws a tantrum, I throw something in the trash. XBox, iPad, iPhone... etc. When he was younger, if he did it in the store, we promptly left the store and something of his went out of the car into a trash can.

Kids in my house are free to express themselves so long as there is no snot involved. If there is, there's one warning given then no more discussion. Period.

And yes, I value my age. I look back on life and you couldn't pay me to go back in a time machine to be young again. I'm exceedingly happy now... I have a great job, a great home life and plenty of nice stuff. I have no desire to go back and be dependent on another person ever again.
    Last edited by Laeris; 07-07-2014 at 01:47 PM.

Am I the only one who enjoys a clean install of a game every now and then? I play MMO's a lot so I feel like the more I play them, the more likely they will become "worn out" as in files get weird and what not so I just re-download the game to prevent issues. I know when Rift DC'ed me a lot back during 2.0, I re-downloaded the game and it worked perfectly ever since. Now I re-download Rift a couple days after a big huge patch. OH and when Glyph installed, I didnt need to do anything but play the game.

I for one think that the release of Glyph shows internal growth in a company with 2 major recent Free to Play games and in general builds confidence in a future with Trion. So quit belly aching over a service that DOES provide a more convenient platform.

"Rome wasnt build in a day"

Soulwalker

I was planning to return and check out what Rift has to offer but canceled the patcher when it tried to download Glyph. Then I came to the forums to see what was what. I really have no interest in another application platform. I really just wanted a patcher for a single game. It's no sweat for me -- I'll just take the signs for what they are and go play something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrowe View Post
    I was planning to return and check out what Rift has to offer but canceled the patcher when it tried to download Glyph. Then I came to the forums to see what was what. I really have no interest in another application platform. I really just wanted a patcher for a single game. It's no sweat for me -- I'll just take the signs for what they are and go play something else.
    If you go looking for falling skies, don't be surprised if you find one.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrowe View Post
    Rift needs a patcher to launch.That's all this is. They're exchanging the one you're used to for one that you're not used to. That's it.
    Last edited by PaulieGatto; 07-07-2014 at 04:04 PM.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Shadowlander

I had no issues with this, took 20 minutes. boom done. Why not stop playing games and go out side....

wait, perfect world entertainment bought out trion? ......ouch. see, this is why we can't have nice things.
    It is what it is. Unless it isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeTeaOr View Post
    wait, perfect world entertainment bought out trion? ......ouch. see, this is why we can't have nice things.
    No Perfect World did NOT buy out Trion... you'd be a fool if you think they did.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3