+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: I Hate Glyph!

Default I Hate Glyph!

I only want to play rift, I don't want, and never asked for, your crapware!

Pretty much exactly what I think. What was wrong with my RIFT patcher? Nothing.

I was quite happy with the way things have been working! And, I am not even gonna consider redownloading the game or screwing with my directory. What would be the reason for this lame change?
    Seastone (All Defiant; All the Time)
    [Seven Sisters] Guera, 70/100 Eth Rogue; Perlita, 70/100 Kelari Magician; Gitana 70 Eth Drugs/Outfits/Rings
    Carmelita 70/100 Eth Rogue Guns/Armor/Runes; Preciosa 70/76 Eth Magician; Chula 70/100 Kelari Rogue Survival

Soulwalker

Patch the bugs in rift, and make not the g.**** ...

Rift Chaser

The reason for this change is Trion's profits as they want to be able to better push multiple products on you.

The problem besides that is that they did it in a broken way where the glyph installer forced on you is being reported by players to default to 'no Rift installed' and trying to reinstall it.

I would like to know why people don't like Glyph, exept the fact that they apparently need to reinstall the game (but you can change the folder in the setting before starting the DL, it worked for me). Don't get me wrong, this is not a troll, I really want to know what's wrong with Glyph.

Shadowlander

A program to run a program to run that program but to run this program you will need that program...But how about I just run the one program I want to run bahhhh that's just crazy talk

Rift Master

Quote Originally Posted by Xxii View Post
    I would like to know why people don't like Glyph, exept the fact that they apparently need to reinstall the game (but you can change the folder in the setting before starting the DL, it worked for me). Don't get me wrong, this is not a troll, I really want to know what's wrong with Glyph.
    The simplest answer I can come up with is people just don't like change.

You have to send it to your Rift folder. Click "change" and choose it. Less than a minute and it's done and over with.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Quote Originally Posted by Micronut View Post
    A program to run a program to run that program but to run this program you will need that program...But how about I just run the one program I want to run bahhhh that's just crazy talk
    You always had to run a program to run a program. Now you just have to use a slightly different program to run a program. Unless you were able to run Rift without the launcher before?

Telaran

i wouldnt even mind this pile of junk if it actually let me login

i can log in once, right after the installation, but closing glyph and reopening it results in this "Network operation timed out. Please check your connection. (Error #2025)" every single time

and it definitely is not on my connection or firewall as the old launcher still lets me login just fine

i will just stick to the old launcher for now until this thing actually gets out of beta, because this sure seems more like a public beta then actual release ready software
    Last edited by -Raz-; 07-02-2014 at 02:36 PM.

Rift Chaser

I *did* change the directory to my Rift directory, and it did not work - it says I need 16.43GB to 'patch' and I don't have that much free space and can't play. The glyph rollout is broken.

Plane Touched

I managed to get it working (it helped guildies were on MUmble to get the game back up for raid - congratz btw to roll out a major change during EU prime time and the busiest raid time!) but if not - re-downloading 16+ gigs would have given me a major headache.
    (a) it would have taken all night and
    (b) eaten up a good chunk of my download cap at the beginning of the month.

Not everybody has an unlimited and superfast bb connection - but those things seem never to be taken into account.

There should have a mail announcing the change with detailed instructions like those on Riftgrate etc. on what to do to avoid a re-download.
    Last edited by Morykyra; 07-02-2014 at 03:13 PM.
    Moiran
    Immortal Tyrants of Typhiria

Plane Walker

Simple answer? They're already on Steam, they are no competition for Steam, and this was nothing but wasted resources so they can try to sell other people's games that noone will buy because they can get them cheaper and easier through Steam.

There are already enough Steam wannabes with Origin, ARC, and all the other crap. ARC resulted in there being no Perfect World/Cryptic game on my hard drives anymore. Origin resulted in my no longer buying new EA games. The boat sailed, Steam won, stop wasting time and resources on failed enterprises. Noone needs more bloatware.

Shadowlander

We don't like it's because it's bloatware that provides absolutely no benefit to us over the old launcher and serves only to advertise games we already know about and/or have zero desire to ever purchase.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by PaulieGatto View Post
    You have to send it to your Rift folder. Click "change" and choose it. Less than a minute and it's done and over with.
    I set mine to the default rift folder and still had to download a 7.09Gb update to get the game to start.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast