+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree98Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Initial Impressions from a 9 year WOW veteran

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    The simple fact that you put your amount of time playing WoW into the subject line is proof enough that you think it holds weight. If you truly thought it to be irrelevant (which it is) you would not have mentioned it in the first place.
    I consider it relevant. The more time one spends doing anything makes them more experienced and knowledgeable on the subject. His opinion on an MMO is more informed than a user who has never played an MMO or played very little.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    I do, and I'm saying that it's absolutely wrong. You can put whatever spin on it you like, but there was no hidden/additional meaning behind what I said.
    LOL! I have to admit I got a kick out of this guy getting offended by someone ascribing motives and thoughts to him that he claims didn't exist. Irony much?

Once again, the only reason I put the "9 year WOW player" in my message thread was so that the developer's would know what perspective I was coming from! I'm the target demographic for them. They would absolutely love to steal a bunch of WOW players and I was trying to share with them what I, as a former 9 year WOW player, thought of their game!

For the record I see nothing whatsoever praiseworthy about playing MMOs (especially the same MMO) for 9 years straight. If anything, I see it as something of an embarrassment and I would never go around admitting that in public. But think whatever you want about me! Whatever helps you sleep at night, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by ilex011 View Post
    You always were my favorite dragon.

Sorry for killing you so much in your chronicle, but you really should have gone for Shyla first. Though all that saccharine might give you a massive tummy ache, and Tavril only knows what the side effect of THAT would be...
    I will take that to heart, Ascended, and savor you with a glass of aged Bogling blood when I devour you.

Indeed, it's not a pleasant experience, that gastrointestinal distress. Ever wonder what I'm really doing when I use 'Genesis Torrent'?

Greenscale
    Last edited by Lord Greenscale; 07-01-2014 at 04:05 PM.
    "Those Lil Luggos smell SO delicious! I must have them..." - Lord Greenscale

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Next big thing we're focused on is shadows, which makes a bigger impact than one might think.
    I know EXACTLY how big of an impact on FPS shadows make in this game.

Shadows Full: 20-25 FPS in TB, 30-45 FPS out in world.

Shadows Off: 40-45 FPS in TB, 45-100+ FPS out in world.

Turning shadows off more than doubles my FPS almost everywhere, lucky the game still looks quite nice with shadows off.

Second biggest FPS killer I believe is ground clutter, but it's nothing compared to shadows.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho
    Also nerf bards.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greenscale View Post
    I will take that to heart, Ascended, and savor you with a glass of aged Bogling blood when I devour you.
    Make it Sobek instead and you've got a deal. Those little strutting jerks always disrupt my fishing daily in Stonefield.

Indeed, it's not a pleasant experience, that gastrointestinal distress. Ever wonder what I'm really doing when I use 'Genesis Torrent'?
    Oh dear Tavril- THAT'S why my Genesis Pylon is still waving its tentacles! Ewwww, Greenscale, just... ew. Now I know why the creatures in your crater are so damn mutated! *shakes fist*
    Last edited by ilex011; 07-01-2014 at 05:58 PM. Reason: save the boglings!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

RIFT Guide Writer RoughRaptorsOld's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Greenscale View Post

Greenscale
    I love you.

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    I love you.
    Says the guy who kicks his butt every week.
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Quote Originally Posted by Yaarielle View Post
    Says the guy who kicks his butt every week.
    It's nothing personal.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Next big thing we're focused on is shadows, which makes a bigger impact than one might think.
    They (technology) got pretty good with anti-aliasing, but shadows has been a killer forever . I remember being very strict about my PC when Doom 3 came out because there was no way I was playing without shadows.

GL
    New round up of some high rank matches
    Chun-Li*E.Honda*Evil Ryu
    Abel*Ibuki*Dhalsim
    Gouken*Zangief*Ryu

Quote Originally Posted by RoughRaptors View Post
    Falling damage was sadly removed a long time ago. RIP :-(
    I want fall damage back. Damnit. >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberrwocky View Post
    I want fall damage back. Damnit. >.<
    Me too.../walk away weeping

Default This is weird

Quote Originally Posted by WGButler View Post
    The Bad
    1) Constant disconnects, especially in town. I have a premium tier Internet connection and don't have this issue with any other game. Some days are fine, no disconnects at all. Other days are so bad that I just throw up my hands and stop trying.
    This is something on your side, your ISP, a firewall or something else.

I play on the US and EU servers from South Africa.

I don't have these issues and I am sure if this was a major problem except for the higher latency (which is to be expected), there would be more people complaining.

Quote Originally Posted by WGButler View Post
    Granted, but there is one key difference. Rift isn't charging me a monthly fee to play their game so I can just hop on and and enjoy it here and there whenever I feel like it. As soon as I start getting burned out, I can put it on the shelf (figuratively speaking) and go play Civilization 5 or League of Legends, and come back 3 months later when I am in an MMO mood again.

Perhaps Nightmare Tide will take everything else to the next level, and if not that then there is always EQ Next to look forward to.
    Yes I agree the pre SL days were glorious but the SL content seems to be more concerned with quantity than quality, with some exceptions.

Volan should be a must see for all those new to Rift, get to 48 and get guild bannered to him, u will die lots but have tons of fun doing it.

The raids in rift are good, not amazing but good, the SL exp dungeons are atrocious, I don't like any of them but don't mind some over others. Every time I get stormbreaker I'm tempted to turn around and walk out.

I too am hoping that 3.0 turns it all around and Rift returns to being the game I would recommend to all my friends rather than just a few discussion points.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Necalli View Post
    Honestly, they need to optimize this game to the nines, I was happy to hear that had done some optimizations for lower end computers, but now it's time for high end computer optimizations
    the stuff they did for low end comps helped a ton. hoping for more in near future. but for the 100th time only real issue is that launcher error which disconnects everyone.

Champion

Quote Originally Posted by sofeorus View Post
    the stuff they did for low end comps helped a ton. hoping for more in near future. but for the 100th time only real issue is that launcher error which disconnects everyone.
    keep in mind i never get disconnected in other games i've tried on both my (much older pc, and my current iMac with crossover, only dc with rift for no good reason.)

" oh ill just walk to this here shiny as slow as possible in an empty zone. but wait whats this? RIFT ERROR HANDLER has killed your good time once again." lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast