+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New Auction House and Warfront, come watch Friday's Livestream!

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    The new Auction House is planned for 2.8 and is still being built so I will just be showing off what the UI will look like,
    So you're telling me there is a 2.8...
    Yaarissime@Greybriar, lvl 65 cleric (taking a pause from the game)
    Chewgi@Greybriar, lvl 60 warrior
    Greanie@Hailol, lvl 60 rogue
    Youshallnotpass@Hailol, lvl 20 mage

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Yaarielle View Post
    The secret's out. Now the new question: will there be a 2.9!

Edit: 9.30 UK, I think I will watch it.
    Last edited by Caitie; 06-13-2014 at 11:37 AM.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Yaarielle View Post
    Anyone in the Mage forums knew this early this week when Kervik mentioned the Pyromancer re-work could not go live until 2.8 was released.

Ascendant

Default AH Livestream Feedback, Suggestions and Questions

The new AH looks nice. Optional partial stack selling are nice too.

How far back does the listing history date back, on the stream it's showing 60 days, is this the intended maximum?

With buy orders I assume the plat is taken in advance and refunded if it's unfulfilled.

The relist mail option is nice but why not integrate expired auctions into the AH UI. This would save on mail being sent. This might be pushing it but why not longer durations than 2 days, possibly a week or the option to automatically relist once or twice with the fee taken in advance and added if not automatically relisted.

Can we have undercutting options to under cut by a specific amount.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Anyone got a text description of the changes/features? This sounds really interesting.

I'm betting that this feature set, if studied carefully, turns out to:
    1. Reduce incentives for people to list large numbers of small stacks, thus reducing total AH entries.
    2. Align with things needed to reduce whatever horrible locking contention has been making the AH slow all along.
    3. Allow the UI to do a little more work locally on the client and spend less time resubmitting nigh-identical queries to the AH in case of changes.

Which would help a lot with common tasks like "bid on a bunch of items from a large search", which can be painfully slow in the current UI.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36

Quote Originally Posted by caitie View Post
    The new AH looks nice. Optional partial stack selling are nice too.

How far back does the listing history date back, on the stream it's showing 60 days, is this the intended maximum?

With buy orders I assume the plat is taken in advance and refunded if it's unfulfilled.

The relist mail option is nice but why not integrate expired auctions into the AH UI. This would save on mail being sent. This might be pushing it but why not longer durations than 2 days, possibly a week or the option to automatically relist once or twice with the fee taken in advance and added if not automatically relisted.

Can we have undercutting options to under cut by a specific amount.
    Ideally we'd like up to a year but since the system is still in the works, that is not guaranteed. For buy orders, yes the cost is taken when you list your buy order and is refunded if unfulfilled.
    Amber Alexander - Producer - RIFT

Default Really good live stream

It was a really informative live stream today. Looking forward to the AH changes!
    Sometimes you succeed.... and other times you learn.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #38

For those who missed the Livestream, here is a rundown of the Auction House improvements for 2.8 (yes Daglar confirmed there will be a 2.8 but there will not be a 2.9):
    • You will be able to re-list an expired auction from your mailbox
    • Item previewing built into the UI (just like the RIFT Store)
    • Improved item searching, including searching by stat
    • Option to hide bid only auctions
    • For most auctions you will be able to buyout the entire stack or buy individual items from the stack
    • Price history!
    • Option to use a system generated "recommended" price when listing auctions
    • Adding buy orders (the system will scan the auction house and auto-buy items for you, and then players can go and fulfill any items that the system couldn't find for your desired price)
    • Buy order searching such as, only showing buy orders that you can craft

As always, these are all subject to change.
    Amber Alexander - Producer - RIFT

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

For those who missed the Livestream, here is a rundown of the Auction House improvements for 2.8 (yes Daglar confirmed there will be a 2.8 but there will not be a 2.9):
    • You will be able to re-list an expired auction from your mailbox
    • Item previewing built into the UI (just like the RIFT Store)
    • Improved item searching, including searching by stat
    • Option to hide bid only auctions
    • For most auctions you will be able to buyout the entire stack or buy individual items from the stack
    • Price history!
    • Option to use a system generated "recommended" price when listing auctions
    • Adding buy orders (the system will scan the auction house and auto-buy items for you, and then players can go and fulfill any items that the system couldn't find for your desired price)
    • Buy order searching such as, only showing buy orders that you can craft

As always, these are all subject to change.
    Oh, wow, this is really amazing.

The sell/buy order thing is one of the things I most miss from CoH.

Their system, you couldn't see the details of listings, just that there were listings, and there could be buy and sell orders up at the same time.

I used to make significant money by filling my auction slots with offers to sell a given item for 1-or-more currency, and also with offers to buy that same item for 1k. People wouldn't actually try bidding 1, they'd just bid "some reasonable number", and usually that was way over 1k.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    Anyone got a text description of the changes/features? This sounds really interesting.
    I've added a written Livestream Summary with images attached for anyone interested below:

Ideally we'd like up to a year but since the system is still in the works, that is not guaranteed. For buy orders, yes the cost is taken when you list your buy order and is refunded if unfulfilled.
    Is that a year for Auction Listings time? That's pretty insane. One of the things that kept the market prices fluctuating (and not just going down forever) was the fact that players' listings would expire, giving opportunity for prices to bump back up after someones tries to off-load a whole heap of stacks of a single item.

With the Buy Order feature I'm concerned how this will affect AH prices since now players can offload huge stacks without having to worry that buyers only want small denominations. This means players effectively have to underprice all the 99-stackers otherwise their goods will never be sold.
    Last edited by Jonus; 06-13-2014 at 03:32 PM.

Yes, I agree with Jonus. I'm concerned about the "unintended consequences" of some of these changes.

Who was asking, specifically, for buy orders to be able to come from larger stacks? I don't know why you would do that. It plays right into the hands of botters and those trying to control the market, rather than just sell their items.

Similarly, being able to buy "1+" instead of having to buy the full amount a seller has in their stack, benefits those with large stacks but not the "smaller" seller.

You're going to drive even more people out of the auction house, and make it easier for those who want to control markets.

Finally, having a price history included for everyone may or may not be a bonus. I'm sure experienced, serious players will understand how to use it (by setting reasonable prices for items you're not familiar with). My concern though is that other people may just undercut the lowest historical price, which would be the wrong way to use it and would cause markets to bottom out. Since many people already set their prices lower (!) than the vendor price, I can see this exacerbating the problem-- and just causing those people to lose even more money, while potentially ruining the market for more items. (Although it'll allow me to buy more items out for less than vendor!)

Other (UI) changes are quite nice, so I do want to thank Trion for those!

Overall, I wish you'd stick to UI improvements, such as abilities to sort better. I'd also like to see wildcard abilities (for example, to exclude other results than the item you're looking for). Some of these radical changes that go beyond enhancing the current functionality may end up being a big mistake.

[Sorry for the triple-post, but the silly 5-minute margin for editing has struck again!]
    Last edited by R0NlN; 06-13-2014 at 03:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Haceldama View Post
    I just want to be able to search the AH by right clicking (or equally easy mechanism) an ingredient out of my crafting recipe window.

My request from the Dark Side!!!

Haceldama
    Voice activation

Just remembered something I forgot to ask in the livestream:

Will the new Auction House be able to properly differentiate the different tiers of Augmented gear? I.e., right now a Marvelous Canny Augmented item has the exact same Item Name as an Excellent Canny Augmented item.

Would be awesome if the Auction House (and the game in general) was able to differentiate them, perhaps by adding the full name of the augment to the tooltip if it is not possible to add it to the item name itself.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast