Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
Like Tree92Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: No spaces in names ( can we have just 1)

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    I get why it would be per character, as consuming the item would open up an editing window like the transfig baubles.

But the price is just absurd. Make it 500cr per character pre-Patron discount. Or sell a BoA bundle of 5 scrolls for that 3200cr pre-Patron price.
    Actually they could get around that by having it as if you transfered to another server where soemone has your name already. Prompt on log in to the other characters on your account that you can add a surname to that character and mail (or store reward/claim thing to avoid mail screw ups) them a 1 use BoP 'surname token' with 1 charge.

Bang done. Your characters names are still reserved for you, you have the option to add a surname to your toon now or at a later date and it has minimal back end work to do, just like when you make a new character you get all those mail things.

I'm a genius I know.../sarcasm.

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    But the price is just absurd.
    Absolutely everything on the shop is extremely overpriced, so why are you surprised that such a simple Gimmick will not be availiable for 400-500 credits per character and even this would be expensive.
    Nehira@Zaviel
    <The Fires of Heaven>

Nehira@Hailol
    <Coriolis>

Quote Originally Posted by Nehira View Post
    Absolutely everything on the shop is extremely overpriced, so why are you surprised that such a simple Gimmick will not be availiable for 400-500 credits per character and even this would be expensive.
    Everything on the shop is overpriced because playing the game itself is 100% free...

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    You might want to check out the Rift Store on PTS...
    2880 credits for a per character unlock!

As I have five level 60 characters if I want surnames on them all this would cost 14,400 credits. At UK Sterling prices that would involve 1 x 12,750 credit pack (50) and 2 x 1,125 credit packs (2 x 5). There's just no way in the world I'm going to pay 60 to give my characters a surname.

Frankly, the only thing that surprises me at this point is that Trion aren't introducing a "Lockbox of Naming" and giving them a 1% chance to have the surname scroll inside.

Please re-think the per-character pricing or give us an account-wide unlock option.

Rift Master

Glowing Ki-rin: Limited time sale, 2700 credits, all toons on your account, whether that's 1 or 40, get it.
    Last name: 2880 credits, one toon gets it.

Anyone else find this a bit out of whack? Apart from the other arguments about everything being overpriced, there are ACCOUNT-WIDE items that are much, much cheaper than this. I'm thinking pricing needs to be re-calculated. In a big way.
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

Three pages in and no one has ranted or screamed "It's Pay to Win!!" yet.

I'm disappointed people

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

I'm disappointed people
    It was only half way through the second page that it was mentioned this feature would be available to purchase. Patience, grasshopper.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post

I'm disappointed people
    It's P2W!!! I can finally name my character Leroy Jenkins! Everything will now die as I charge in screaming my name.

Oh and Johnny Awesome will be a popular name I bet :P

Rift Master

Johnny Awesome was the best, don't lie. :P
    Iphigeneia // Jehan // Coriolana // Cytrine@Faeblight
    "Just because I'm mad doesn't mean I'm not right!" -Sylver Valis

I look forward to re-naming my main to (first and last names) Warlord War Lord. with the titles (prefix and suffix) Warlord Warlord War Lord The Lord of War.

or, if that is not possible, something equally ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

The greed! Why not make 900cr for each character ?

2.8k ?

lol gg trion

I understand that Trion needs to get money somehow, but I also think they'd sell more if they lowered the price. 2880 Credits, not sure if it's worth it on any character, below 1k I'd consider doing it on more than one.

Charging people to unlock a space in their character name?

At 2800 credits per character even, s.e.r.i.o.u.s.l.y?

What's next? Charging them for new macro icons?
    Memory leak fix costs extra money? Performance optimization are a premium service?

If you would just have invested the effort you put in the cash shop-"innovations" to innovate Storm Legion instead, Rift wouldn't have gone f2p.

Why do new MMorpgs always come out at the exact moment another mmorpg tries to piss off as many loyal customers as possible?

The timing is just way too perfect everytime...

Wonder when they will clean up the UI clutter by taking away the clutter of hot bars.
    Then in a future update (ahem) sell them back to us??

Check out Soldiers Ink. Combat Strategy Game.
    http://plarium.com/en/games/soldiers...3ZWU00#/signup

Here, have a tissue to wipe your eyes, you might have failed to notice that this pricing is on the Public Test Shard and very well may be a placeholder.

At least wait until it comes Live and grab the torches and pitchforks if the price didn't change.

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast