+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree52Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What Ever Happened To...? [WALL OF HISTORY WARNING]

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    Can you throw us a bone and tell us if that is even planned or just something that would be "nice" but won't happen any time after the release of 3.0?

Also could you PLEASE get rid of the grey "fog" aside from CSV. You could put a big a big death rift in Port Scion and icon on the mini map or something to hide it.
    At least remove the grey from the coast like you did in the SL map. That wouldn't be too hard to do I imagine.
    This. Please, please just let us fill in the grey map areas. Even if its inaccessible in game, just fill in the grey on the maps. Sort out the greyed coastal areas.

For PTW, why dont you leave it an empty barren zone for now, and make it open PvP (everyone automatically gets PvP flagged). Even if we can just explore it, and fill the map in. It doesn't have to have any assets in it for now, it can be a deserted and continuously contested zone. Maybe let the dragonians wander back in, and let invasions and rifts spawn there.

Personally, I would love to see the dragonians as a playable race for both factions, as I love playing non-human slightly beastly races in MMO's.

Incidentally, a thought for the future. It always confused me that the dwarves became guardians. In traditional lore, the dwarves are miners and engineers. This would surely place them closer to the defiant way of thinking. As for the Bahmi, they actually come from the Shalastiri, a very religious and faith-filled race. It would have made sense to make the Bahmi a Guardian race, and the Dwarves a Defiant race.

Even if you think about it logically, Ember Isle and Moonshade are close together.

I often wonder if when the game was designed, the area of the map that is now silverwood should have been Freemarch, and vice versa. The Defiants would have built their fortress on a rock in the sea. So Meridan should have been placed where Sanctum now is, and Sanctum would have been where Meridian now is. Gloamwood also makes sense to have been a Defiant dominated place due to their obsession with the plane of death.

Additionally, I would love to see something done with Shimmersand to put back the original place that the Bahmi came from, the canyons.
    Zaviel - Tylia - Planar Legion

Prophet of Telara

Aw man, Dragonians would have been fun for a playable race! Though I'm not really sure how it'd fit the storyline tbh. Even the Defiants wouldn't want the damned spawn of the blood storm
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Telaran

That TB picture is gorgeous. Then again, even current TB is quite gorgeous and grand in scale. The only thing that irks me is that players are not able to get up anywhere serious in elevation to get a grand sense of the city. If if it was something minor like acting multiple level paths like in Central Necropolis, it would have added to the feeling of grandeur. Heck, the best part of the Hero Rises chronicle is being able to look down on all of TB.

Also, one of the most awesome things in my book that will never happen would be a quest line to rebuild the tramlines and get them operational. This would culminate in being to take the ultimate sightseeing tour around on the tram.

It is also a shame that Port Scion never got more play. According to the lore it was taken over by death after Alsbeth's treachery.... and has remained a wasteland of death that is magically contained within that massive wall apparently. Then again, the pacing of Albeth's storyarc seemed a bit too fast considering ROS was released quite quickly after launch and featured her death.

Edit: The more I think on it, the more it feels like SL was just a completely different game storywise from Vanilla. Precious few of the main characters (Orphiel, Asha, Cyril, etc.) were featured in SL in any meangingful way. I remember somewhere it was mentioned that SL was slated to be its own game if Rift failed and provided that is true, it would definitely make sense.
    Last edited by Luscarino; 05-27-2014 at 05:20 AM.

Plane Touched

Quote Originally Posted by Bonzodog View Post
    For PTW, why dont you leave it an empty barren zone for now, and make it open PvP (everyone automatically gets PvP flagged). Even if we can just explore it, and fill the map in. It doesn't have to have any assets in it for now, it can be a deserted and continuously contested zone. Maybe let the dragonians wander back in, and let invasions and rifts spawn there.
    No assets, plus being levelled, would make this the most hideous zone in MMO history - not the kind of place you'd want to PvP :P. When talking game development, 'assets' refers to basic things like trees, bushes, walls, or rocks.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #35
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gloea View Post
    No assets, plus being levelled, would make this the most hideous zone in MMO history - not the kind of place you'd want to PvP :P. When talking game development, 'assets' refers to basic things like trees, bushes, walls, or rocks.
    This is quite correct. The area was only blocked out in the roughest of senses art-wise, certainly with no additional details such as trees or rocks or plants or such. That said, much of the thematic look planned for PTW found its way into the Storm Legion zones.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #36
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bitnine View Post
    There's always the former quest item:

Attachment 18594

Actually dropped in game for a brief period. At some point it was patched to be a grey item instead and now no longer drops. I imagine there's some sort of inactive quest that would involve these, probably a daily.
    Ah, yes. There was an item for every zone related to this set of quests. I do not think the quests themselves were ever live, but not sure. And I cannot recall specifically what the quests were for - something to do with extra role slots I _think_, but... don't hold me to that.

And the means of acquiring could be different in different zones - In Stonefield, it was a plant that needed harvesting.

I removed the means for the items entering the game at the same time that I flagged the items themselves to be gray trashloot (but with a reasonable sell value at the time) so that those that existed would slowly drain themselves out of the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Luscarino View Post
    That TB picture is gorgeous. Then again, even current TB is quite gorgeous and grand in scale. The only thing that irks me is that players are not able to get up anywhere serious in elevation to get a grand sense of the city. If if it was something minor like acting multiple level paths like in Central Necropolis, it would have added to the feeling of grandeur. Heck, the best part of the Hero Rises chronicle is being able to look down on all of TB.

I have a thread i'm continuously updating with off-the-wall places I can get to. The next area I plan to take pictures of is tempest bay. It is in fact possible to go anywhere you want in the town. You can go on any roof top and you can even get on top of the haunted terminal building. Look for the thread called Making the impossible; possible! Un-seen areas in the next few days for pictures of tempest bay.

CFG tweaks + Lag + Nyancannon = go anywhere! (within reason) =^.^=
    Last edited by TehFrank; 05-27-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Ascendant

I wanna know what happened to that third master mode that was on the PTS. It was pretty much complete. It needed a lot of tuning still but its a very weird choice to scrap something that far along in development. I think it was master mode DSM (or DD? I get the two confused, either way were supposed to get three MMCR being the third).

As for PTW/CSV. I actually got inside there (not exploiting, just had to find the right spot on the zone wall on the cliffs of Droughtlands) and at the time it wasn't leveled and it had a lot of assets. Many of those made it into SL, but a few cool ones didn't. But it wasn't really a zone, it was a collection of assets. The zone had no cohesion. So if people think PTW ever actually had lore or anything like that, there was no real indication of that. And when I was inside there were no mobs.

If we ever get PTW as a zone I doubt it will be what anyone is thinking based on the little people have seen. I'd honestly rather get inside Port Scion.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 05-27-2014 at 06:33 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Champion

i like the bloodfire stronghold idea minus needing the shards to do stuff in there ( the different level portals taking u to different challenges is cool wonder if they will be implementing other elements in the future? :P

There were so many great ideas I would like to see rebirthed. I can understand that the originals didn't work, but the ideas behind them are definitely worth a rework.

Awesome job at rift archeology,

but,

where are the 3.0 leaks? Isnt it supposed to come out in a few months?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaiser Phoenix View Post
    Awesome job at rift archeology,

but,

where are the 3.0 leaks? Isnt it supposed to come out in a few months?
    On the PTS subforums. Riftgrate did a good job of consolidating it (even putting together all the minimaps!)

I sure would love to see what PTW and Scrion looked like in their old finished forms.
    I'm sure Trion has those models sitting on a hard drive somewhere. Some pics would be SUPER nice.

Especially Scion.
    While we many never see it in-game, it would be nice to see, at least, what it was intended to look like.
    Just watermark "old alpha data" or something on it so you don't confuse people. :P

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #45

Quote Originally Posted by hardy83 View Post
    I sure would love to see what PTW and Scrion looked like in their old finished forms.
    I'm sure Trion has those models sitting on a hard drive somewhere. Some pics would be SUPER nice.

Especially Scion.
    While we many never see it in-game, it would be nice to see, at least, what it was intended to look like.
    Just watermark "old alpha data" or something on it so you don't confuse people. :P
    Back when we were discussing Port Scion's scope, I made this image to compare the city with the other in-game towns at the time:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BoxIJhzIIAA_bzM.jpg:large

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast