+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99
Like Tree83Likes

Thread: Trion, you have cut back too far ! Its TOO MUCH !

  1. #1
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    225

    Default Trion, you have cut back too far ! Its TOO MUCH !

    I have played RIFT almost non-stop since release. I love the game and the experience, but there is something very very wrong happening. There are too many mistakes, too many bugs, too much re-used geometry, bosses, ideas. too much.

    I don't want to see german text randomly. I don't want to see chat bleeding across events and servers. I don't want to see that I killed a boss in a raid... 30 minutes ago - or yesterday. I don't want to see random server lag, or missed interrupts because of a bug. I don't like being launched into the distance, have my turn in randomly decide to initiate when I just wanted to check it. I don't want mechanics that will simply randomly kill me or the raid, I don't want uneven builds/souls and mostly useless souls, especially if I have paid for them.

    I could keep going, but it is becoming VERY obvious that trion have cut back too many people in too many areas. Yes, you are working on 3.0, but that is no excuse to not properly resource the game and dealing properly with current (and old) issues. If you cannot run the game as it needs to be run then PLEASE just give up and shut it down. Either that - or give it what it needs.

    Just please don't let it die with the whimper your bad decisions are leading too. Again, I am a fan and I DO give you money - whoever gave in and let this happen - FIGHT HARDER !! Either that, or give up and put us out of our misery.

    Sincerely - a true fan.

  2. #2
    Rift Chaser Yeowang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    308

    Default

    So, you're saying other people are not true fans? /s

    I feel the same. But I don't think this is gonna change anything. :/

  3. #3
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    92

    Default

    This is basically the only game i know that copies item images for multiple items.

  4. #4
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    I had no problem paying for my sub but since the downward spiral as of late. I'm happy i no longer spend money here. I don't blame the devs or even daglar completely. I have a feeling alot of this has to do with the accounting and the higher ups. lead devs don't cut their team and overwork the remaining devs without someone telling them they have to.

    So once trions higher ups decide to invest in the players. I'll start reinvesting into them. Sadly that seems like it won't happen until 3.0 (crossing fingers)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

  5. #5
    Prophet of Telara Ynrapbag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,001

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    I had no problem paying for my sub but since the downward spiral as of late. I'm happy i no longer spend money here. I don't blame the devs or even daglar completely. I have a feeling alot of this has to do with the accounting and the higher ups. lead devs don't cut their team and overwork the remaining devs without someone telling them they have to.

    So once trions higher ups decide to invest in the players. I'll start reinvesting into them. Sadly that seems like it won't happen until 3.0 (crossing fingers)
    What shut it down? Slow down folks... Take it easy. the game is working for many of us. There are the new players that haven't experienced what you're posting. I myself have lowered my expectations. Also I don't know if I want to invest all the time and money on another game including. Arche Age, Trove, Defiant,... Etc.!this will be it for me. What I would like is for Trion to develop Rift II. New engine, 64 bit, multi-core. All the issues that we have here would be dealt with. Okay, I know that won't happen.

    Even the great WoW is getting a revamp with Heroes of Draenor.

    It seems to me that Trion is just pouring the coal into the engine of the ship, to generate as much revenue until it hits an iceberg or until the other game (AA) launches, it's going to run promo events, rare re-cycled prizes via rng boxes/ chests, maps until that fateful day.
    Let Elrar know you care @

    https://twitter.com/GiantApproved

  6. #6
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    225

    Default

    I can only hope a thread/mail like this may get shown up the chain. I am not alone. We want acknowledgment of issues and some feedback. Maybe it's adding 1 or 2 jobs - maybe that's enough. Even if you are going to recycle an event, surely it's not too much to ask that It actually WORKS. IT's obvious they need at least 1 new internal tester - if nothing else....Many of use are getting very nervous about spending money on a game that feels like it's going to be abandoned... Then there will be even less money... I understand the need for cuts and to try to be profitable, but as I said originally, they have gone just a bit too far.... Please... take care of the people who pay the bills.. US>

  7. #7
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    This post makes me sad because I too hate the downward turn the game has taken. This is a far cry from what the game was back in the days of HK. Hopefully things turn around but if 3.0 doesn't hit hard then I see most of the people that are holding onto that as our last hope for this game moving on.

  8. #8
    Champion actionvapor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    574

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by McTwistie View Post
    I have played RIFT almost non-stop since release. I love the game and the experience, but there is something very very wrong happening. There are too many mistakes, too many bugs, too much re-used geometry, bosses, ideas. too much.

    I don't want to see german text randomly. I don't want to see chat bleeding across events and servers. I don't want to see that I killed a boss in a raid... 30 minutes ago - or yesterday. I don't want to see random server lag, or missed interrupts because of a bug. I don't like being launched into the distance, have my turn in randomly decide to initiate when I just wanted to check it. I don't want mechanics that will simply randomly kill me or the raid, I don't want uneven builds/souls and mostly useless souls, especially if I have paid for them.

    I could keep going, but it is becoming VERY obvious that trion have cut back too many people in too many areas. Yes, you are working on 3.0, but that is no excuse to not properly resource the game and dealing properly with current (and old) issues. If you cannot run the game as it needs to be run then PLEASE just give up and shut it down. Either that - or give it what it needs.

    Just please don't let it die with the whimper your bad decisions are leading too. Again, I am a fan and I DO give you money - whoever gave in and let this happen - FIGHT HARDER !! Either that, or give up and put us out of our misery.

    Sincerely - a true fan.
    I'm not seeing this "downward spiral", there's been bugs, server lag and re-used models since launch, every game experiences these issues.

  9. #9
    Rift Disciple Pwnyboy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    104

    Default

    Every game does experience these issues, but every other game I have played fixed them quickly. It's not the occasional bug that that bothers people, it's them going unaddressed for so long that bothers people. The stuck in combat bug is probably the biggest problem I have encountered. Archive of Flesh anyone? Healing thing in TDQ that occasionally gets stuck in the wall? Since there is no immediate profit to fixing things they spend their time on mount reskins and broken events hoping to send people to the cash shop instead. Cash shop > functionality. Welcome to the future of F2P MMO's, Just think of months old unaddressed bugs as unintended mechanics to work around.

  10. #10
    Rift Chaser VolitheBear's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    308

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ynrapbag View Post
    What shut it down? Slow down folks... Take it easy. the game is working for many of us. There are the new players that haven't experienced what you're posting. I myself have lowered my expectations. Also I don't know if I want to invest all the time and money on another game including. Arche Age, Trove, Defiant,... Etc.!this will be it for me. What I would like is for Trion to develop Rift II. New engine, 64 bit, multi-core. All the issues that we have here would be dealt with. Okay, I know that won't happen.

    Even the great WoW is getting a revamp with Heroes of Draenor.

    It seems to me that Trion is just pouring the coal into the engine of the ship, to generate as much revenue until it hits an iceberg or until the other game (AA) launches, it's going to run promo events, rare re-cycled prizes via rng boxes/ chests, maps until that fateful day.
    While ppl refuse to believe that 3.0 will make or break Rift, it will! If 3.0 is a fail atleast Rift funded Rift 2 aka AA... so yeah, wait till 3.0 if the game is not revamped, its dead, and you are free to move to other games.

  11. #11
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    255

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by actionvapor View Post
    I'm not seeing this "downward spiral", there's been bugs, server lag and re-used models since launch, every game experiences these issues.
    Actually there has never been this many re-used models and such a consistency of bugs and oversight by the development team pre-f2p.

    And before someone talks about wardrobe armor/weps. Thats also in a bad place imo. We used to get new sets of gear and new weapon skins all the time when we had new content. However since f2p thats all but over.. Also we don't get any new "gear" for wardrobes either. Almost all the armor (cloth,leather,chain.plate) in the rift shop are re-skinned of things we've already had access to. There is almost no new armor skins, just new costume type items - maid's outfit, tuxedo's, etc...
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

  12. #12
    Ascendant Byaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lannisterxx View Post
    Almost all the armor (cloth,leather,chain.plate) in the rift shop are re-skinned of things we've already had access to.
    Incorrect. They took access away from us. Pretty sad.

  13. #13
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    9

    Default

    I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking there is a lack of content and work going towards this game. The last thing I want to see is this game die.

  14. #14
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by VolitheBear View Post
    While ppl refuse to believe that 3.0 will make or break Rift, it will! If 3.0 is a fail atleast Rift funded Rift 2 aka AA... so yeah, wait till 3.0 if the game is not revamped, its dead, and you are free to move to other games.
    What is your definition of make or break? Can you honestly remember the last time an MMO absolutely shut down it's servers? Games that are considered "failures" by the bloated definition created by WoW are still going (LOTRO, DDO, EQ, EQ2 etc).

    People need to understand that first WoW is the EXCEPTION that proves the rule. MMO's always have been and always will be a niche sorta game. WoW through a decent game yes became the true behemouth it is through a combination of Brilliant timing (Evercrack stories being on the news) a game that could be run on a toaster, BRILLIANT and expensive marketing, a playerbase primed from the Warcraft game AND aggressive expansion into emerging markets from the jump.

    There never was a WoW before WoW and there will never be one again. The issues Rift currently faces have to do with the fact that thanks to Lars Buttler and his stupidly over aggressive expansion of Red Door and the double whammy of Petroglyph bailing on EoN has made Trion a company with one source of revenue....Rift. So Rift needs to not only fund it's own advancement BUT the publishing of Archeage, developement of Trove and trying to salvage Defiance.

    Have a look at their web site. At one time they had this little clicky for Red Door. Other than ArcheAge they had three other games listed...one of them an FPS that looked real cool (I think it was called Warcry?). They poured a BUTT TON of money into and lost. Now ArcheAge is all that remains and Red Door has been replaced by Glyph.

    You can only do as much as economic realities permit. Regardless Rift, even if 3.0 does not meet YOUR expectations will keep on going...or Trion worlds itself will fold. Then yeah you are right.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

  15. #15
    Ascendant Galibier's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    10,460

    Default

    Edit limit.

    Where Trion and Rift screwed up was by listening to the loudest voices and not looking at the numbers. Here are the results from the first year of the game...

    The game sold more than 1 million copies in under four months. The average gamer played for four hours a day. Players spent 1 trillion minutes in the game and completed 1 billion quests. Players tweeted more than 1.5 million times from within the game and within six months, Trion launched five major updates.

    However people complained dungeons were too hard, that the open world mobs were too hard...that the rifts themselves and the zone events were too hard. OMG we have to kill a foothold before we can start questing again (cry me a river).

    The game got nerfed to the point that the only thing that did not feel disposable was/is end game raiding. This game was set to tap into the market that WANTED an alternative to WoW and it's clones in terms of being immersed in a more challenging world, a Pre-Cata MMO. They had it. BUT people who simply wanted a shinier version of whatever game they came from cried VERY loud and Trion moved to meet their cries.

    Problem is what happens when you do that? 9 times out of 10 the person says "hey wait a minute....I spent the last X number of years in the other game. I have all this stuff and really this game is now little different than the one I left. Why in the world should I start from scratch?" So those players left. A lot of the players who wanted that more challenging world said "oh great...this game is now a snooze" and so they left.

    Neither of those groups are coming back anytime soon.

    So I guess in a way you are right. Trion did indeed have a development problem...but it is not a problem for tomorrow, it is a problem from yesterday that statements like the one I responded to helped to create.
    Last edited by Galibier; 05-25-2014 at 10:15 AM.
    Far better is it to dare mighty things, to win glorius triumphs, even though checkered by failure... than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much, because they live in a gray twilight that knows not victory nor defeat.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts