Like Tree8Likes
  • 2 Post By Statler
  • 3 Post By Sylvaene
  • 3 Post By Nithydux

Thread: Sparkle Troves make me sad

Soulwalker

Default Sparkle Troves make me sad

Yes, all the qq's.

I thought to myself "UNICORNS?! and the potential for t2 stuff to give me a headstart nudge into raiding!" and proceeded to buy 100$+ worth of troves. Needless to say, RNG was not on my side.

Best item I got? Transcendent Prestige Vial.

Siiiigh. I suppose on the upside, I'm up to 400+ essences.

How has everyone else's luck been?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Asylia View Post
    Yes, all the qq's.

I thought to myself "UNICORNS?! and the potential for t2 stuff to give me a headstart nudge into raiding!" and proceeded to buy 100$+ worth of troves. Needless to say, RNG was not on my side.

Best item I got? Transcendent Prestige Vial.

Siiiigh. I suppose on the upside, I'm up to 400+ essences.

How has everyone else's luck been?
    I opened 6 (all came from the achievement across 6 toons), and the best item I got was Transcendent Valor Vial...

I've decided to completely ignore this event, so nothing to make me sad.

Rift Chaser

it's a money-sinkhole. lol. Milk u all dry dry.

Champion

I'd never buy a trove from the store period. I don't gamble, and that's essentially what troves are.

If Trion would put the mounts in the store for the equivalent of $25, and the pets for $10, I'd buy one of everything eventually (assuming it wasn't a reskin of something I already had--and especially assuming it wasn't a naggy looking unicorn when the regular horse with armor looks 100% better AND has a horn--HELLO!!). As it is now, Trion gets no money from me or anyone else in this house for a slim chance at a mount or a pet from a trove.

So, ($25+$10)x however-many-mounts-they-might-ever-put-in-the-store vs. $0 x Troves-in-the-store from me is what that amounts to. /shrug

It's not like I won't spend money on the game--and I do--but not ever on Troves. Troves is really the only part of the cash shop that disappoints me. Everything else is awesome.

OP, sorry you had such bad luck with it!

RNG boxes are a cancer that kills most MMORPGs within a couple years.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Rift Chaser

with 100$ you could buy 50 lottery tickets and get more luck with that then with troves 0.1% chance to drop something usefull.

Soulwalker

I mean, it's not all bad. After all - all those purchases counted towards loyalty. A little over halfway through purple now!

The troves may make me sad, but it's not like I'm going to spend it on much else. Most of the mounts are reskins, the pets look super low-res and gross, and 90% of the wardrobes are kind of meh.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvaene View Post
    I'd never buy a trove from the store period. I don't gamble, and that's essentially what troves are.

If Trion would put the mounts in the store for the equivalent of $25, and the pets for $10, I'd buy one of everything eventually (assuming it wasn't a reskin of something I already had--and especially assuming it wasn't a naggy looking unicorn when the regular horse with armor looks 100% better AND has a horn--HELLO!!). As it is now, Trion gets no money from me or anyone else in this house for a slim chance at a mount or a pet from a trove.

So, ($25+$10)x however-many-mounts-they-might-ever-put-in-the-store vs. $0 x Troves-in-the-store from me is what that amounts to. /shrug

It's not like I won't spend money on the game--and I do--but not ever on Troves. Troves is really the only part of the cash shop that disappoints me. Everything else is awesome.

OP, sorry you had such bad luck with it!
    This is pretty much where I stand too. I've spent quite a bit on mounts, armor, boosts, etc. I've even purchased a couple troves, but I don't like gambling much. If they made the mounts and companions purchasable from the store, I'd more than likely spend more.

Shadowlander

Yep.. Haven't gotten anything decent, and havent seen anyone get anything decent.

REALLY wish they would go back to the Temporal Trove style of boxes, where opening them was worthwhile.

Telaran

Bought 20 (like 4300credits) worth of boxes and got 1 onyx unicorn, 3 items that you can upgrade to t2 with like 100k esm per item and some junk.

Quote Originally Posted by polarshift View Post
    it's a money-sinkhole. lol. Milk u all dry dry.
    Someone didn't read the part where it blatantly says "Promotional Event".

+ Reply to Thread