+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 127
Like Tree185Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: T3 in Sparkle Trove?

  1. #76
    lgw
    lgw is offline
    Ascendant lgw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Dreamland
    Posts
    1,879

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by OwnaGeJuiCe View Post
    Really the p2w **** is dumb no they don't want bis gear in boxes.
    Sorry, but in this case you are wrong OJ.
    * They put - intentionally - BIS PVP items in boxes, that are not attainable elsewhere. (runes, greaters)
    * They put - intentionally - BIS PVE items in boxes: Trinkets. Yes, even after a full year of 2-3gr weekly farming Ultane, there is a number of us lacking their BIS trinkets from that dude.

    And that's before even considering that T3 mark, T3 jewellery, T3 whatever scam...
    ... aka schoklat. PVP nerd - gaming vet.
    First of slackers, herder of trolls.
    Wildstar PVP inc

  2. #77
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    417

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Sorry, but in this case you are wrong OJ.
    * They put - intentionally - BIS PVP items in boxes, that are not attainable elsewhere. (runes, greaters)
    * They put - intentionally - BIS PVE items in boxes: Trinkets. Yes, even after a full year of 2-3gr weekly farming Ultane, there is a number of us lacking their BIS trinkets from that dude.

    And that's before even considering that T3 mark, T3 jewellery, T3 whatever scam...
    Regrading the trinkets of course its intentional as the t2 trinkets technically are not bis anymore (even though t3 trinkets will take months to acquire) and im sure thats what will be argued for their reasoning. I still disagree with them being there however because yea like you've said many people still dont have them when they've been farming the boss for almost a year now.

  3. #78
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Sorry, but in this case you are wrong OJ.
    * They put - intentionally - BIS PVP items in boxes, that are not attainable elsewhere. (runes, greaters)
    * They put - intentionally - BIS PVE items in boxes: Trinkets. Yes, even after a full year of 2-3gr weekly farming Ultane, there is a number of us lacking their BIS trinkets from that dude.

    And that's before even considering that T3 mark, T3 jewellery, T3 whatever scam...
    Who cares. Honestly I could care less if the best gear in game can only be bought with credits. I still wouldn't buy it or chests. I would laugh and mock the people who did. I enjoy this game. Hence the reason I play it. You will be a lot happier in life if you stop worrying about other people. What they do. What they got. How they got it. Who there daddy is. And what they do......and remember life isn't fair.....
    Last edited by kenx2020; 05-23-2014 at 02:19 PM.

  4. #79
    Plane Touched
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    214

    Default

    I'm sure a quick database check hunting for 78 hit items from the lock box loot table would give you results.

    Also due to the items having different names than the ones they are based on, we can safely assume that this is intended and only being acted on now because of the unexpected backlash.

    Something I also noticed, the trinkets when upgraded seem to default to pure tanking stats from what a friend has linked me. Can anyone confirm/deny this? I just find it interesting is all.

  5. #80
    Ascendant
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    7,120

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    Who cares. Honestly I could care less if the best gear in game can only be bought with credits. I still wouldn't buy it or chests. I would laugh and mock the people who did. I enjoy this game. Hence the reason I play it. You will be a lot happier in life if you stop worrying about other people. What they do. What they got. How they got it. Who there daddy is. And what they do......and remember life isn't fair.....
    Your mentality is what's wrong with F2P. Companies start buying into it.

  6. #81
    Prophet of Telara Torvaldr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,075

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    We're aware of that one and looking into it. What we need now is to see if the amulet is in a similar situation.
    I think the lockboxes would sell like hotcakes if they had stuff in them like this. It wouldn't bother me unless this was the only way to get the items.

  7. #82
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by lgw View Post
    Sorry, but in this case you are wrong OJ.
    * They put - intentionally - BIS PVP items in boxes, that are not attainable elsewhere. (runes, greaters)
    * They put - intentionally - BIS PVE items in boxes: Trinkets. Yes, even after a full year of 2-3gr weekly farming Ultane, there is a number of us lacking their BIS trinkets from that dude.

    And that's before even considering that T3 mark, T3 jewellery, T3 whatever scam...
    You've left out the point that the PvP boxes can be obtained in-game only. These troves cannot.


  8. #83
    Ascendant Shattered's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    3,932

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    Who cares. Honestly I could care less if the best gear in game can only be bought with credits.
    The most fundamental promise Trion (via Daglar) made about F2P was that they would not sell BiS gear. That promise has been broken in dribs and drabs over the last months. Throwing in T3 gear would be knocking down the last standing wall of that house. Why would anyone not care about that? Unless you have no problem dealing with a company that shows no regard for its promises and its customers.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

  9. #84
    RIFT Guide Writer NotTrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    If it were as simple as select * from ___ where hit=>78 then I would say we'd see this done already.

    Never, and I mean never, undervalue someone's work. It's just not polite.
    Do you even understand what you're saying?

    You're telling me not to undervalue someone's work when I question their at work resources and ability to double check what they themselves have implemented.

    There is a dev(Josh York) who creates these items and puts them where they need to go. If he, or others, have failed to keep a log or database of such creations and placements and they can't call upon that resource and I scrutinize said individuals for not doing so I am in no way under valuing anyone's work. Quite correctly I would be aptly identifying their work for what it is: a rush, with no foresight and no fail-safes in place, should such a error as we've seen take place. This is assuming, of course, that it is an error and that they don't have said database, rather than assuming the worst(which would be that this was an intentional cash-grab and that they do have said database but are playing dumb to milk it).

    #1 worst name NA, all time
    Soulstorm!

  10. #85
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ahov View Post
    Your mentality is what's wrong with F2P. Companies start buying into it.
    People seem to forget Trion is a busines and there goal is to be profitable. "P2p" is a more profitable business model. Companies are switching to it because they want to stay in business. I realize it's annoying in some aspects, things change as the world changes. Adapt or die.

  11. #86
    Plane Walker
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    477

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    The most fundamental promise Trion (via Daglar) made about F2P was that they would not sell BiS gear. That promise has been broken in dribs and drabs over the last months. Throwing in T3 gear would be knocking down the last standing wall of that house. Why would anyone not care about that? Unless you have no problem dealing with a company that shows no regard for its promises and its customers.
    Dude this is a video game not real life. So your hurt by a broken promise given to you by video game employee on forums....I hate to see how you react to real life issues.....
    Or a crisis in your real life..... (insert or own ttasteless joke here)

  12. #87
    Ascendant Techie Will's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6,121

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by NotTrev View Post
    Do you even understand what you're saying?

    You're telling me not to undervalue someone's work when I question their at work resources and ability to double check what they themselves have implemented.

    There is a dev(Josh York) who creates these items and puts them where they need to go. If he, or others, have failed to keep a log or database of such creations and placements and they can't call upon that resource and I scrutinize said individuals for not doing so I am in no way under valuing anyone's work. Quite correctly I would be aptly identifying their work for what it is: a rush, with no foresight and no fail-safes in place, should such a error as we've seen take place. This is assuming, of course, that it is an error and that they don't have said database, rather than assuming the worst(which would be that this was an intentional cash-grab and that they do have said database but are playing dumb to milk it).
    I don't think you understood what I said at all. I understood you perfectly.

    You blatantly said for them to "Ffs, simply find anything in your database that is..." which is saying it's simple. I'm saying that is rude, nothing more and nothing less.

    Tell them to double check their work all you want, but don't explain how they can do it. You're making things far too simple. We don't know what their database schema looks like compared to generating a list of what's in a box. I'm almost positive it's not just a "list" of items for the box, but probably a list of internal item numbers/names that can then redirect to the actual item itself stored elsewhere.

    I agree, they should double and triple check what they release. But as a professional myself, I'd never claim what they do is childs play.


  13. #88
    Plane Touched BelZoness's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    210

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by kenx2020 View Post
    People seem to forget Trion is a busines and there goal is to be profitable. "P2p" is a more profitable business model. Companies are switching to it because they want to stay in business. I realize it's annoying in some aspects, things change as the world changes. Adapt or die.
    No business model lasts by attempting to cheat the customer. Look at WotC's reserved list - it's a covenant to a group of collectors of Magic: The Gathering cards that those cards will not be reprinted in unlimited print runs. Despite popular demand by people who claim the buy-in to older formats that use those cards is cost-prohibitive, WotC has refused to abolish said list because it would be breaking a promise and note that the company essentially derives minimal revenue from secondary market sales (the primary market in which these old cards are traded). Similarly, look at limited edition re-releases of skins by Riot Games - RP of the sales price of the re-released skins was refunded to players who had previously bought those skins under pretense of rarity, and while this model may not have been satisfactory to all it was at least a form of compensation.

    Trion in the past has committed errors and compensated to its playerbase for said errors. Do I expect them to compensate people for this error? Not exactly. Do I expect them to hold up to the promises of the game being not pay-to-win? Yes. Am I worried about ever-shifting goalposts for what pay-to-win is defined as? Yes.

    I certainly enjoy playing rift and can appreciate the work done by the team, but I'm also certainly worried about having parts of what drives my enjoyment be undermined, regardless of intent.
    Last edited by BelZoness; 05-23-2014 at 03:50 PM.
    Zones@Sargeras
    RIP <Addiction>

  14. #89
    Ascendant Byaku's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    1,556

    Default

    Like this is pretty stupid but do you guys not organise your items into multiple databases? Or do you just put everything into one basket and try to pull from there?

    At least that's how I would have done it. Separating it into multiple different groups, for example; Type and Tier. So if you want to implement some kind of random item generator like this you'd have it pull from a specific database or a group of them.

    Item Type would be the smaller categories within the larger block of Tier.

  15. #90
    RIFT Guide Writer NotTrev's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Posts
    1,606

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    You blatantly said for them to "Ffs, simply find anything in your database that is..." which is saying it's simple. I'm saying that is rude, nothing more and nothing less.
    This was in response to them saying "Show me the item", as if to say that they're unaware of what they put where or what items they have created, which builds on the assumption that they don't have a reference(easily obtainable or not). What's rude is for them to ask us, like we should know better than them, like we're their QA team; because it's quite obvious they didn't open any of these themselves(or if they did they're oblivious and how they retain such a position is beyond me).
    Quote Originally Posted by Techie Will View Post
    Tell them to double check their work all you want, but don't explain how they can do it. You're making things far too simple. We don't know what their database schema looks like compared to generating a list of what's in a box. I'm almost positive it's not just a "list" of items for the box, but probably a list of internal item numbers/names that can then redirect to the actual item itself stored elsewhere.

    I agree, they should double and triple check what they release. But as a professional myself, I'd never claim what they do is childs play.
    How convoluted or difficult their database is to read would just be another indictment toward them, I don't care to hear that that is the reason they're asking players to show them the item. When multiple fansites can create clean, legible loot tables there's no reason Trion can't be as organized.

    I'm not telling them to double check their work. I'm asking if they're suggesting that they don't have a resource to reference for any of the work they do. To double check their work is rudimentary and should be common place habit for them. Why are we the litmus test, the thesaurus and the almanac? Where's the accountability?

    #1 worst name NA, all time
    Soulstorm!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts